[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Did you know that some tractor owners fill their tires with water or other fluids?
Filling tractor tires with water is a common practice in agriculture and certain industrial applications, serving various purposes.
This practice is prevalent in agricultural tractors used for tasks like plowing, planting, and harvesting, as well as in industrial tractors involved in material handling, construction, and other heavy-duty operations.

https://farmingshelter.com/should-you-fill-tractor-tires-with-water/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5KTC1-YX08
>>
>>2729783
Filling your tires with calcium chloride solution gives you more traction force, without putting additional strain on your axles and bearings. You can just use water if you’re a cheapass and you live in a warm climate, but calcium chloride won’t freeze and is more than twice as dense as water, giving you much better results than plain water.
>>
File: 8sgj5eaxr2931.jpg (26 KB, 691x411)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>2729783
>Did you know that some tractor owners fill their tires with water or other fluids?

It was not your dads fault. Your mom worked for years to drive him away until he could not longer take it.
Also she lied about all that bad stuff she said he did. He is actually a decent bloke.
You should call him.
>>
On our tractors we generally fill the back tires with molten iron. We magnetize the cooled tires so while we plough the fields any ferrous materials like our dropped house and car keys will be found. Tragically, granny had a pacemaker implanted and she stuck to a wheel not long after. We wuz plowing at the time, Ned with the tractor and me with BeckySue, and Grams just kept circulatin' with the tire for hours before Ned saw wut wuz left there. Only the pacemaker survived. We shot the dogs that did the eatin' in the fields of the bits. Sad.
>>
File: 1000004925.jpg (76 KB, 857x482)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>2729783
the real question is why aren't we using these fuckers yet
>>
>>2729788
How full?
>>
>>2729841
Because gays are still a minority?
>>
>>2729841
How will that thing work at 80mph?
>>
>>2729841
Because they suck. They're noisy, uncomfortable, expensive and generally inferior to a regular tire in all aspects except for being un-deflatable.
Pretty much the only scenario where these tires are useful is in combat situations where you can't afford a flat tire, which is why some humvees have them.
>>
>>2729868
Depends on how much weight you need, but typically you fill them as full as you can, which means up to the level of the valvestem when you've got the valve stem at top dead center on the wheel.

My International has about 1600 lbs of calcium cloride solution in each of the two rear wheels.
>>
>>2729869
explain in what way it is gay
>>2729883
>combat situations, humvee
see, they're based
>>
>>2729899
Lmao
>>
>>2729806
Kek
>>
File: tractor.jpg (36 KB, 474x266)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>2729877
what type of redneck tomfuckery are you doing driving your tractor at 80 mph?

fucking second coming of the dukes of hazard in his tractor over here.

when you wanna run moonshine but all you got is granpa's old ford.

there goes them duke boys again in their fucking rocket powered john deer. hope them space aged tires hold up.
>>
>>2729938
*hazzard
*grandpa
*deere
>>
Based
>>
File: radialreifen latsch.png (102 KB, 213x178)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
>>2729783
As >>2729788 said, optimal ballasting improves traction while minimizing slip, which saves fuel and allows you to work faster. Filling tires with water used to be quite popular in the past. The issue with water is that it's a pain to put in and get out and that it does little to improve the footprint of the tire. These days it's preferred to use wheel weights that go in the rim while also reducing tire pressure to around 0.8 bar. This also increases the footprint of the tire thus improving traction even further.
>>
>>2729938
Why do you type like a redditor?
Why don't you know how to spell John Deere when you supposedly live around that logo?
>>
>>2729806
Wow this hit home
>>
>>2729788
>>2729893
Until that fucker leaks and rots your rims.

Just use regular water and some coolant.

Wheel weights are expensive for some models. I have H chains and they work well enough, but more weight would be nice. The tires are empty rn. Just air.
>>
>>2730188
Give him a call anon, he would love to hear your voice
>>
>>2729806
Stop posting relatable things
>>
>>2730079
Since ballasted tires are not actually all the way full, they are still compressible like they were filled with air. I run as little as 8 PSI (.55 bar) in my ballasted tires at times depending on conditions. It's not a 1 for 1 comparison to a fully air tire at that same pressure, because the volume of the pressure vessel is smaller and therefore the compression of the tire raises the effective pressure faster than it would a tire that wasn't ~70% full of incompressible media, but you do still get a good amount of squish. Too much sidewall flex wears the tires out faster though, so I generally run more pressure, since the soils here generally are a good tractive surface. 1600 pounds of wheel weights for my tractor would be much more expensive, and while it would work marginally better in some situations, they aren't better enough to justify the price difference.
>>2730197
Unless you have far softer water than me, plain water will still rot your wheels. Calcium Chloride is preferred because of how heavy it is and also because it's less toxic than coolant. My current set of wheels are quite old, and are still in good shape, because I notice when leaks happen and have a crane so I can service my own wheels when needed.
>>
File: rimguard_tag.png (9 KB, 761x366)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>2729783
in north America we use beet juice aka rim guard. Beet Juice is non-toxic, biodegradable, water soluble, and will never corrode your rims ; Heavier than Water. Weighing 25% more than plain water
>>
>>2730376
>will never corrode your rims
Why not isn't beet juice acidic?
>>
>>2730494
Very slightly, some person said 4 pH but that's incorrect. They're more like 6. Heck, we use them as litmus tests. It will never corrode a tire
>>
>>2730504
Good to know thanks anon.
>>
>>2730363
Call your father
>>
>>2730376
Its full of iron
>>
>>2729816

I appreciate this post, thanks for the read.
>>
>>2731242
Hey anon, give your dad a call
>>
>>2729788
Beet juice is another option.
>>
>>2731587
you mom drinks beet juice

right from the root iykwis
>>
>>2729806
Does anyone here even know who their dad is?
>>
Jesus Christ is the Son of GOD who came to earth and died for the world, so that may have eternal life. Three days later GOD rose Jesus Christ from the dead. He promised that whosever believes in Him, He promised them eternal, when the ask Him for it.
>>
>>2729783
This isn’t news. Loaders regularly have rear tyres filled for extra counterweight.
More stable with a full bucket. Also rollers for more ground pressure.
Rims often have a 2” cap for easy filling.
>>
>>2731587
Sure, but it's not as effective as calcium chloride because it's not as dense. Rimgard is 11 lbs per gallon, calcium chloride is 17 pounds per gallon. in a context where you're going to be running the same set of tires for a long time, and you're not pushing the limits of the tractor anyways, rimguard is probably a great solution. But if you're wearing out tires more often than you replace your mattress, you're probably not going to have any corrosion issues with the calcium chloride solution either, and it will perform better.
>>
>>2731888
false

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.