[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

I’m no airbus fanboy but has the A350 pretty much totally dethroned Boeing’s long haul offerings at this point? It’s reputation is so good that it has had a total hull loss and people are saying they’d fly on one again in a heartbeat
>>
>>1993642
Twinjets are boring
>>
>>1993661
fpbp
Give me an a340neo
>>
777X is just a 30 year old plane with new wings and engines, but 350 is designed with 21st century technology
If you want to use PC from the 90's or Core i7 PC, which would you rather use?
>>
File: IMG_4561.jpg (1.12 MB, 4032x3024)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>1994362
In theory the 777X is not a bad plane, it could be great in fact. The original version of the plane was fantastic at its introduction. A few significant upgrades is honestly all that's needed for it to stay competitive, but the flying public doesn't really have faith in Boeing to deliver a quality aircraft. Deservedly so, this due almost entirely to all the bad press Boeing has earned itself. The airlines as well don't have infinite patience either as its languishes in production/certification hell. It's difficult to replace a 777 with an A350 especially with the new variant's even more impressive capacity but it is an option.

Age isn't such clear cut simple factor to consider - the A320 is just as old as the 777 and its neo is the belle of the ball when it comes to orders.

While I just defended the 777, I like the A350. I like big twins and I cannot I lie. The A350 is one of the best planes flying today alongside the A220 but unlike the A220 it doesn't have as unique a character to it. At least it doesn't require as frequent engine maintenance however.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.