[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Last thread went sage >>10849072

Guides:
https://www.howtotao.com/

Taobao Dictionary:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15vbDSkXqM8t91-fE-kwE3jVbMP6G-hQh2SPm1nEYWmY/

Store Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EKZhOppV8_FMyFg9BCYhPbaELtFc9XV2aNEqzctw108

Agent Shipping Comparison:
https://www.jadeship.com/shipping-calculator

Translator Plugins:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/traduzir-paginas-web/
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zhongwen-chinese-english/kkmlkkjojmombglmlpbpapmhcaljjkde

Image Translator:
https://lens.google/
>>
File: 42agent-kig-scam.png (365 KB, 1894x965)
365 KB
365 KB PNG
Apparently 42agent is running multiple scam sites.

Pic related is where they basically pull the kigurumi mask equivalent of Aliexpress sellers stealing pics of people's commissioned fursuits to put of fake sale listings where you get whatever.
>>
File: cat diary alice garden.png (337 KB, 746x511)
337 KB
337 KB PNG
i have been trying to get my hands on cat diary wig by alice garden for a year now. does anyone know of a wig available that is the same colors? i want it so bad..
>>
Should I buy a blouse from Orchid Lane or Yilia? I'm looking for chiffon specifically if that helps.
>>
I want to share my cute haul, but I bought some replica items and I just know I'll be stoned to death for it
>>
>>10904040
Are you looking for one with blonde highlights specifically?
>>
>>10904040
It's on LM!
https://egl.circlly.com/auctions/brand-new-wig-cat-ear
>>
>>10904524
You can still post it without the reps too tho, but if it is design replicas nobody cares anyways.
>>
>>10904650
Nayrt, but I'm pretty sure a lot of people in the lolita community disapprove of design replicas of actual garments. They're usually okay with shoes though.

Why would you buy design replicas? Just get it second hand if new is too expensive or if it's an older release.
>>
>>10904692
>I'm pretty sure a lot of people in the lolita community disapprove of design replicas of actual garments
Considering even jp brands copy the designs of each other, not really. There is only so many ways you can design lolita.
>>
>>10904696
I'm talking about actual replicas meaning pieces that were intended to look like the original. It's obvious that it was deliberate because the replica is close enough to the original and the design is intricate enough (not a simple basic design) that someone wouldn't have designed the exact same thing by accident. You might recognize that it's a replica and not the original because of difference in the quality of the materials (or slight differences in the lace), but still obviously an intentional copy.
Example; bodyline's replica of AP's bird cage skirt, bodyline's replica of AP's angelic school skirt, bodyline's replica of AP's border chocolate OTKs, etc.
There are shops that sell Mary Magdalene replicas (some better than others) and MM has said this actually really hurts them financially. So don't do it, don't give your money to shops that sell garment replicas.
People do look down on people who buy these, even moreso when it's a piece that isn't rare secondhand.

I'm not talking about brands getting inspired by other brand pieces and putting similar styles/elements in their pieces.
>>
>>10904723
>I'm talking about actual replicas meaning pieces that were intended to look like the original.
Replicas with minor differences are still replicas, cope and seethe.
>>
>>10904758
I don't disagree. But you can tell if something was intended to be a copy or just loosely inspired. I don't understand your response.

Big Japanese brands don't try to make replicas of other brands (bodyline is not a "big Japanese brand", they hardly qualify as a lolita brand. They're a costume store that sells some lolita appropriate items).

There's no good excuse for knowingly buying replica garments.
>>
>>10904766
>Big Japanese brands don't try to make replicas of other brands
Yet they do, case in point when everyone and their mom including BTSSB made replicas of AP's Cross OP. Don't even get me started on Moitie's Flocky Cross being knockoff AP Holy Rosary .
>>
>>10904773
You don't understand what replica means. The pieces you mention aren't replicas, they're pieces that were inspired by the original but were never meant to look exactly like the original.
>>
>>10904773
knock offs aren't replicas we had this discussion. a knock off is a derivative, replica is an exact copy. replicas are meant to pass as the real thing while knockoffs evoke the idea. the terms aren't interchangeable. an example is a replica LV bag looks the same as the real one, but a knockoff LV bag is like the ones with hello kitty's face that say HK instead of LV in the same style.
>>
>>10904777
>>10904785
Minor differences don't make design replicas any less of a replica, but whatever makes you sleep at night Replica-chans.
>>
>>10904785
the pieces she mentioned are neither replicas nor knock offs. She's just a dumb fuck who doesn't know what the terms mean.
>>
>>10904796
I'm the first person you quoted and I agree with you so I don't get why you think I'm pro replica.

The difference between a replica and a piece that is loosely inspired by another piece is that the replica was INTENDED to be a COPY of the original. There are often still ways to tell it's a replica if the replica makers couldn't get a specific lace, material or trim, or had far less money to spend on the manufacturing process leading to lower quality versions of the original. There are levels to how close a replica gets to the original, some are closer to the original than others. They're all still replicas, regardless of these minor differences.

A piece loosely inspired by another piece just uses certain elements of it, but does not intend to pass as the original nor is it able to.

The pieces mentioned here >>10904773 are not replicas because they were never intended to be a copy of the original. Nor are they knock offs. They're simply too different. All of these pieces are "loosely inspired by" at best. There's nothing unethical about that. Them not being replicas and knock offs also means anon has no more excuse for buying actual replicas.
>>
>>10904766
>>10904777
>>10904785
>>10904803
>>10904806
>hurdur something is only a replica when it's an exact copy
>keeps bringing up Bodyline as example for replicas, which never made exact copies
>meanwhile the infamous Cross OP replicas somehow aren't despite being almost exact copies down to the lace used for the crosses
Pick a struggle.
>>
>>10904818
You're either a troll or you have serious reading comprehension issues.
>>
>>10904818
>infamous Cross OP replicas

they don't even look the same from a distance, nor were they intended to be copies.

Something is a replica when it is INTENDED to be an exact copy, even when it doesn't look exactly like the original for reasons already mentioned. The specific bodyline pieces I mentioned are replicas and some can pass as the original if you don't look too closely.
>>
File: AP v M_1.png (754 KB, 1015x600)
754 KB
754 KB PNG
>>10904821
>Something is a replica when it is INTENDED to be an exact copy
>The specific bodyline pieces I mentioned are replicas and some can pass as the original if you don't look too closely.
If those are replicas then so is pic related because the amount of differences is about the same.
>>
>>10904822
You need glasses anon. LOL
They are distinctly different. The meta dress has bears and no baby chicks, the print itself is different, the sleeves are different, it has a round collar made with the main fabric instead of just lace, there is no bow at the top of the placket , the cut is different, it has a small front placket, there is lace going down the side front of the bodice. This isn't a copy of the design of the other dress, whilst the bodyline pieces I named are copies of the designs of the originals (with at most minor differences in the color and quality of materials).
>>
File: sennao shop.png (3.07 MB, 1000x1333)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB PNG
do you guys have some cool indie taobao brands to recommend? Thinking of copping this for my brother, got some keychains from them and the quality is good for the price
>>
>ask seller where my package is
>sorry dear it's lost, we will send a new one
im so mad theres like 3 or 4 items that got lost in my most recent order
>>
Does 截止制作中 on a listing mean it's for pre-order or is it just a notice saying it's being produced?
>>
how do i make it so it ALWAYS uses boat shipping and it NEVER switches to plane shipping and HIDES the boat shipping option
>>
anyone else having a problem with chrome translating taobao? it was working totally fine but now it's just saying "this page couldn't be translated" on every page including product tabs i had open and refreshed.
>>
>>10905736
That preorders are closed and it's being produced.
>>
>>10906103
thank you anon. what a bummer, they're out of stock for the size and color I want
>>
>>10906104
nta but that doesn't mean they won't have stock once it gets released, it's happened to me before. check back now and then until it's in stock.
>>
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but does anyone here have any info on what is going on with surface spell? I noticed they took down a ton of their gothic lolita/aristo stuff of their taobao shop including some semi-new designs I was planning on ordering. Is there something happening or are they just retiring those designs?
>>
Has anyone here had any experience with freight forwarders?
I'm not willing to pay for these dumb agent shipping fees anymore
>>
>>10906348
shopping services ARE freight forwarders, just for personal noncommercial purchases. most freight forwarders require at minimum 1 pallet in an LCL shipment and you'll be charged out the ass. unless you are shipping furniture it's not worth it at all. i worked with a furniture importer who used freight forwarding sometimes and the packages are like warehouse big.
>>
>>10906387
I think Anon probably means the ones where you order/ pay yourself and send to their Warehouse and they just forward the parcels to you.

>>10906348
Where are you based? Probably unhelpful but I am from New Zealand and used N&C for a bit. Suuuper cheap as they shipped on their line. Air freight had a 5kg minimum and sea freight had a 10kg minimum. No fees at all outside of shipping fee and if you needsd special clearancs for food, they even bypassed NZs GST on import which was surprising. Only thing they were fully WeChat based and only Chinese so had to do a fair bit of translation. Not sure how it works elsewhere but you also could only pay bank deposit or AliPay which I didn't mind. Would recommend a freight forwarder for sure if you can find a local one, I saved sooooo much as opposed to using PayPal with a regular SS.
>>
>>10906203
If the Weibo of their Weibo is anything to go by they are fully switching to Pink House style because gothic stuff doesn't sell anymore.
>>
>>10906587
Killing me softly
>>
>buy a charm off Weidian that clearly says it's pre-order in the title, it's from a doujin creator
>agent jumps the gun asking the seller to ship/when they'll ship without thinking that it's obviously going to be a while because it's A PRE ORDER
>die inside a little bit
>>
>>10906527
thanks a lot! I'm in mexico so sorry but we are continents apart :,^( but thank you very very much still!, specially for the insight, i investigated a little bit and after scouting alibaba n lelddit for a bit and having lots of quotes done via i think ill go for "sophie" (aka Shenzhen Sweet Protrading not shilling just sharing btwwww) because i have a dope 15kg~ of pure quality carbon footprint produce haul and apparently she has her own customs clearance and alleged fast shipping for 8usd/kg
plus she was whatsapp based and her english was pretty good and she guided me on the alipay thingy to get everything done, thank god it wasnt via wechat like you said chinese is HELL but its mad worth it
>>
>>10907093
enjoy getting scammed, retard.
>>
>>10907093
This definitely comes off as shilling because immediately after looking this company up you find stories of scamming, holding items hostage, lying about costs and more. Just use superbuy or bhiner or something to forward your own orders and stop being cheap. Most times even if you pay double the cost of your order on shipping you get the items for half the price you'd be able to get them on ali/amazon, so being this cheap is just asking for problems. If you're THAT cheap, use sea shipping or something.
>>
>>10907106
>>10907146
quit the fucking faggority girlies literally the only garbage pulling up in my non trashy search engine is moid posts from le lelddit that used her services to ship 90kg of shitty fake jordans and graphic tees and got them safe and sound with no customs garbage involved AND FAST WHICH IS WHAT I WANT because this is quality we're talking about and I can't wait to have it rot in my closet ;^)
and I already used an agent (aka the ShittyBuy you dare to speak of) to make sure I don't buy a singular grain of rice instead of plataformas; I just find it ridiculous at how high the agents are taxing you over nothing, it's not called being a cheap bitch when it's fucking 60 bucks of difference for the same DHL truck and I also had my label already created earlier today and she even sent photos of my shit being repacked with horrid engrish compliments but they were still readable SO SUCK IT I do not want my packages having a little incinerator tour again because my agent declared 40 dollars
>>
File: rakpHsZ9Wx.jpg (23 KB, 615x134)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
What do the numbers when choosing socks mean? Is it warmth? Size? Picrel as a example
>>
I've always been curious, does the package get confirmed as recieved (and thus releases the funds to the seller) once it's at the consolidation warehouse, or does it not get properly confirmed until it's confirmed recieved for the international shipping portion? If it's the latter I feel bad, I'm ordering stuff from some small sellers so I'd hate to make them wait unnecessarily
>>
>>10907356
yea you're fucking retarded, got it.
>>
>>10904822
That AP dress is so fucking ugly
>>
>>10908688
The numbers are grams, so the heavier the tights, the thicker they are.
>>
>>10908772
Thank you so much!
>>
>>10905477
Wait I might be new but can you link to this store / brand or how to search for it?? It looks so cute
>>
>>10909518
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=703402847113
there you go anon, scalpers love this lil guy
>>
>>10908694
The funds go to the seller when it's confirmed received manually or when the time runs out.
>>
File: 1693180843032548.png (114 KB, 878x784)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
I hope noone here is using Pandabuy
>>
File: IMG_7705.jpg (1021 KB, 1640x2025)
1021 KB
1021 KB JPG
Am I dumb or does nowhere seem to sell red jirai blouses like this anymore?

I swear I kept getting adverts for them on taobao resellers and the second I go to buy them they’re sold out or only available in the smallest size

Where are they hiding
>>
>>10910010
well fuck, I have an order on the way but none of them are reps. Never bought reps at all. Am I still screwed? I just bought stickers and accessories
>>
>>10910445
You're probably fine, especially if it's already on the way
>>
>>10910469
unfortunately I had them on the way to the warehouse and not my address. some were gifts too. i hope they solve this asap
>>
>>10910470
Not sure then. Your stuff isn't getting seized but you might be waiting a while for them to right things. Worst case the company goes out of business but seeing as that hasn't happened yet I don't think it will. Also to be clear 'reps' refers to Nike and stuff, not replicas of lolita or whatever. I would recommend Superbuy next time.
>>
>>10910473
nayrt, and yes that's basically it. The police is after big brand replicas (Nike, LV, Balenciaga), and those replica products are what they mean when they say "reps". They've seized the PandaBuy warehouse and they're obviously not just going to blindly trust whatever it says on the packages so they're going to look into everything. During this investigation the packages are all stuck there and PB won't let you proceed with international shipping. There's no guarantee that your orders stuck in the warehouse will eventually be released so that you can get it mailed to you, but let's just hope things will get back to normal and everyone will be able to get their stuff.

WeGoBuy is undergoing the same thing.

Some general recommendations regardless whether you buy reps or not
-don't buy reps anywhere or with any SS. Most sellers won't even send it to SS right now
-there's been talk that other SS can come under investigation and there will be more warehouse raids
-if an order isn't time sensitive please hold off on ordering it for another month at least
-don't put more money in your SS account at the moment
-if you have anything in your SS warehouse or currently being shipped to your SS warehouse it's recommended to ship it to your address asap
>>
>>10910473
>>10910480
neither bought lolita reps nor these big brand reps at all, I used pandabuy for legit chinese brands. My friend is the one getting fucked by proxy since we had a split haul and she spent the most. She just wanted an itabag and stuff while I just got very small stuff and I offered my coupons and stuff to ship at a good price. Goddamn, right after the anniversary discounts
>>
>>10910429
here you go bb. that store has a lot in general, but just note most if not all of their products are dreamv or lizlisa designs(mostly factory "extras" since it's all made there and the style is less popular now so a lot of stuff is sold out.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=733507672862
>>
Is there an SS with cheap shipping options like Aliexpress has with Caninao? I need to ship small, lightweight stuff and the chink shipping prices are ridiculous. With bigger more important stuff I'm like ok, considering what I'm getting I can eat the shipping and it's still reasonable.

But with small time stuff the chinkshit becomes outrageous. Sadly what I need isn't in Alishit, else I'd take the $3 Caninao shipping which works as well as all the other shippings.

But look at this: 200 fucking grams with the chinks. Singapore: $20. EMS: $31 Chinese Air: $48. Lol, lmao even. Now the japs with their glorious Japan Post: $5.25

It's ridiculous. It's highway robbery. And how do the japs ship THAT cheap? Does the Japan Post discovered teleportation or something?

Anyway, anything?
>>
File: 1356273577649.png (190 KB, 373x327)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
>>10910886
>guys am I fitting in yet
>>
Does superbuy not take paypal anymore? I can't find it in payment options, even as top up...
>>
>>10911161
seems like a common issue now https://www.reddit.com/r/Superbuy/comments/1cah1s9/paypal_is_not_an_option_when_trying_to_paytop_up/
>>
>>10911161
I'm trying to figure out how to use Wise now but every time I read the instructions my eyes glaze over.
>>
File: Image 4-25-24 at 10.29 AM.jpg (251 KB, 1635x1235)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
Does anyone know what search terms I should use trying to find blind box figures? I couldn't see a term in the spreadsheet dictionary. I want to see if it's worth getting a bunch of them at once from taobao instead of aliexpress
>>
>>10911675
盲盒
>>
Does anyone know where to find the global tracking code when shipping to the US? The waybill number only shows the local ZTO Express tracking.
>>
How is buying direct without using a shoping agent now a days? I used to do it all the time years ago, but I haven't touched taobao in in years now. I don't speak any Chinese - have things stayed about the same quality and process wise? Or is it better to have an agent now?
>>
>>10912371
iirc if you can read and communicate with google translate, and you have an alipay account, then you can buy from taobao without a shopping service. However this means no quality control pictures and minimal to no after sales services. It's not that rare for sellers to ship the wrong size or color, and in that case you would be out of luck if you don't use a shopping service.
>>
>>10912371
I buy directly from Taobao and it's overall fine. I speak Chinese though. It's hilarious that sellers will straight up tell you they can't refund because profit margins are raZor-thin and the slogan "Chinese people will never deceive Chinese people!"
>>
>>10912371
i’ve had a small handful of issues here and there like not receiving something in the color i ordered and once i only received one of something when i ordered two but i still wouldn’t pay for an ss again.

there were a few times where i ordered something and the shop messaged me that it was actually sold out and told me to start a refund or if i had to wait bc there was a preorder. but once i did have to get a refund bc the seller never shipped and didn’t reply although that only happened once in like four orders over three years so most sellers won’t leave you completely in the dark.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.