[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Last thread: >>10882643
>>
File: F_l-76sbEAEFIVg.jpg (335 KB, 1535x2048)
335 KB
335 KB JPG
Reservations for the Abilletage collaboration set is currently ongoing
>https://twitter.com/abilletage/status/1727551528016511347
>>
File: F_XNttibQAAH2ss.jpg (175 KB, 1200x1200)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
Reservations for the Sheglit collaboration will commence in Jan 2024
>https://twitter.com/SheglitOfficial/status/1726512221205987574
>>
File: F_g349TbIAADxrR.jpg (228 KB, 1069x1399)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
Reservations for the Metamorphose collaboration are currently ongoing
>https://twitter.com/metamorofficial/status/1727191987802239142
>>
File: F_g4S9-asAAIv7a.jpg (1.14 MB, 2920x4096)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
>>10892939
>>
File: F_WHryXacAAkxpg.jpg (112 KB, 1200x611)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
Reservations for the ElementsH collaboration will open in March 2024
>https://twitter.com/elements_h_info/status/1726436664640500061
>>
File: F_WHrxyaoAAkAlh.jpg (283 KB, 1094x800)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
The Artiswitch website mentions that there are upcoming collaborations planned with Atelier Boz, Miho Matsuda, Apleberute and HoshibakoWorks
>http://artiswitch.com/news/detail.php?id=21041
>>
>>10892937
This is beautiful, but oddly similar to a dress moitie is to release. I'm sorry for moitie as this one looks way better.
>>
>>10892937
I adore the matching corset and socks and the color is really beautiful, sucks that I'm a fat fuck with the shoulder width of a fridge
>>10892938
I wish the lace caplet here translated better into real life, maybe a layer of something sheer in-between the lace and arm would have helped.
>>10892940
This one is just fugly to me though sorry.
>>
File: IMG_5479.jpg (204 KB, 1179x1361)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
H. Naoto put out an XXL version of the Rose Birdcage JSK and it looks like a tube lmao. Hope they don’t lose too much money when no one buys this.
>>
>>10892939
The material choice isn't doing this any favors, but I'm at least glad they didn't try to replicate the weird loop decoration on the skirt.
>>
File: media_Fvitb-cWwAE_Wjz.jpg (364 KB, 1448x2172)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
>>
>>10893198
what did this girl do to you that you're vendetta posting her everywhere lmao
>>
>>10892943
This one is cute but I don’t think it really suits the character Ruru. I really loved the one Meta did last year. It was a pretty faithful representation of the character design without looking ita.
>>
>>10893039
you forget that fatties have awful taste, anon
>>
>>10893198
Save it for the ita thread anon, even tho this coord isn’t really ita.
>>
>>10893039
That's because most fat Japanese lolitas are barrel shaped. Most of them do not have big boobs. So some brands make tube shaped bodices for their regular sizes and then just make everything wider for the plus size without adding proportionally more room in the bust.
>>
File: IMG_4062.png (557 KB, 800x800)
557 KB
557 KB PNG
Has somebody seen the sample pieces and can say if the Silent Moon in blue is as shiny as it looks here?
>>
>>10893414
looks the same as the previous rerelease, which looked like shit
>>
>>10892937
I would kill for a lavender version of this set
>>
>>10893414
I can only say that it's exactly like the Iron gate print.
>>
I'm so not bumped about Moitie's winter set.
>>
>>10893667
Pumped* shit
>>
>>10893039
The sizing on it is delusional to begin with. It's too big for a lot of the westerners who need more bust space and will probably only fit the turbo whales who never want to pay firsthand prices.
>>
What are some of the biggest Lolita fashion contributors in Japan on insta? I was trying to find the right hashtags to find them, but it seems like maybe they’re just not using insta?
>>
>>10893667
Is it a solid or are any prints coming our way?
>>
>>10893924
Long solid, unfortunately
>>
>>10893906
Most JP lolitas use Twitter, I've noticed that Instagram is far less popular in Japan
>>
>>10893710
idk what you're talking about, the max is only 110cm, that's less than Meta's plus reaches
>>
File: IMG_4309.jpg (264 KB, 1024x1365)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
So… Moitie’s big release for their 25th anniversary is a Holy Lantern knockoff.
>Kill me now!
>>
>>10896526
Fake fan
At least try to pretend you know the fashion and use lolibary to learn about the clothes the brand makes so you can not look like a fool on the internet. This is a rerelease print.
>>
Gulls, I was wondering: did we all collectively forget about Dreamwidth? I remember there being a few briefly active lolita communities that seemed pretty promising, but checking back on them now they've been dead for some time. Did I miss something? Or is Dreamwidth just not as popular as I thought it had been? I think it would be a really nice place to post on and build up a community, I was never a part of Livejournal but I always liked the journal/blog format better than Facebook.
>>
>>10896526
Pretty sure they never mentioned this being the big release for next year.
>>
>writing up a new classic lolita general thread OP
>proud of it
>hits post
>posting from your ip range has been blocked due to abuse
i don't know what i did wrong but i'm mad because i have a coord dump ready to go and everything
>>
>>10896540
dreamwidth was never popular, and it became quickly inhabited by some weird right winged ppl so it never took off. You would have more of a chance on tumblr.
>>
>>10896547
Are you on cellular data? This happens to me sometimes and fixes itself when I return to wifi.
>>
>>10896539
It was a knockoff then, it’s a knockoff now. They can’t even be bothered to use non-commercial fabrics.
>>
>>10896555
It isnt a commercial fabric, thats custom fabric. It has the moitie logo on it. Try again.
>>
>>10896565
it looks like shit anon please face reality
>>
>>10896526
I don't like it... I'm waiting for the white X blue embroidered dress they had been hinting at. Other than that and a Cross OP rerelease I'm not interested.
>>
>"felt that there was no true space for classic lolitas, and wanted to connect with the classic lolita community"
>start a classic lolita discord server
>rebrand it to a classic and gothic lolita discord server
>have a channel for sweet because "containment"
>classic lolitas once again have no true space to chat
Man, classic lolitas can never catch a break
>>
>>10896629
I have an irrational contempt for sweet lolitas
>>
>>10896629
Get rid of the channel for sweet or police any sweet talk outside of it that much harder. You don't need to cater to sweet at all.
>>
>>10896629
kek i'm feeling similarly. i know it absolutely doesn't matter on a larger scale and the mute option exists but way to go creating a "classic lolita community server" that just so happens to cater to everyone else too. i didn't point out there were plenty of other specialized lolita communities for other substyles to join only because i didn't want to rock the boat. it's funny that all the members participating in that channel are the most obnoxious ones though. containment zone indeed
>>
>>10896629
Oh you were dumb enough to join that server huh. It was never meant for classic lolitas the owner just wants to find dress deals as she scalps on lm.
>>
>>10896634
sweet lolita was a mistake. they're all annoying and even the women are ageplayers
>>
>>10896637
Deets on the server owner? Sounds like there's more to her.
>>
I want more JSKs but I keep just buying OPs and skirts instead
>>
>>10896651
Ops are much easier to wear, so I get you.
I wish I had anything to buy... Being a moitie fag makes us feel so empty sometimes.
>>
>>10896637
Do you get that vibe? I don't really see it, and she posts her own sales there too for pretty cheap (and I've compared them to what she posts on her depop).

>>10896645
Just check the farms.
>>
>>10896663
Old moitie is hard to come by and overpriced, and new moitie is just overpriced. They never seem worth it to me compared to other gothic brands desu
>>
Did you guys see that Royal Princess Alice is using AI art for their mew print?
>>
>>10896540
It died after Discordgate since 90% of them on it were from the logs and the other 10% was LOC but really it didn't matter, the time of LJ and sites like it are gone. I wish there were a place to host private communities like back then but I think DW showed us most people don't care about them anymore.
>>
>>10896670
This obviously is not AI. Look at how crisp and finished the cats and background look.
>>
>>10896675
are you touched in the head
>>
File: Untitled35_20231224223810.png (2.01 MB, 1080x1572)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB PNG
>>10896675
Bless your heart
>>
>>10896670
They took down that post and have begun removing and blocking people who mentioned AI
>>
File: 273658273658725.jpg (825 KB, 1000x1333)
825 KB
825 KB JPG
>>10892943
>>10892959
Nothing groundbreaking here. Miss Point did it before, nicer, in pink, white or black, and costing a fraction, if the $650 of this >>10892940 is anything to go by, lol
>>
Prepare for a new wave of newfags asking about the "jirai lolita substyle" in lolita spaces.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt3eAXT8sr0
>>
>>10896670
i like it
>>
>>10896667
Yes, so we end up never spending our money because there's nothing to spend with... I wish I could buy something cute, but it's just as you've said ...
>>
>>10896670
I dislike it. Apart from being AI, it's ugly and there's this feeling of artificiality that AI generated art tend to carry. There's no innuendo to the print, it's really... Bland. Pretty effects, but that's it. They could have gone for the empty frames and I feel it would have been nicer.
>>
>>10896681
Kek, they must have missed the memo on how much propel sperge about ai art on Twitter/insta.

Tbh I don’t even think it looks all that bad, it’s just an odd thing to advertise.
>>
>>10896670
The print isn’t the problem, their absolutely shit quality is. The absolute worst of the Japanese brands, and genuinely worse than a lot of taobao and even western indie brands.
>>
>>10896722
So wild to me that people are just willing to wear a dress with a five pawed cat on it
>>
>>10896723
this is pretty much how i feel. i don't mind the print (though it wouldn't have been hard to have a human edit the weird quirks out) but RPA is always very poor quality.
>>
>>10893981
Yes, that's what I'm saying. Westerners who only want bust space need around 100 and would drown in this in the waist. Fatties who want plus-sized want 120+.
>>
>>10896737
There’s been far weirder over the years. How many vaguely penis shapes have appeared in AP prints? Nazi-themed looks, little sambo, insertion of crosses into the weirdest themes, toilet/bathroom themed dresses, etc. i feel like a subtle fifth leg isn’t really that unusual.
>>
>>10893198
she's cute, but OT. Why?
>>
>>10896555
I'm sorry, but no one owns crosses. It's such a reach to call this a knockoff. It's ugly, but sprinkling a motif across a print is not special.
>>
>>10896663
use the money for therapy, not having something to buy shouldn't make you feel empty.
>>
>>10896804
I hate overly detailed prints in general honestly. They're eyesores 9/10 times
>>
>>10896670
>>10896680
so they used AI to copy this Honey Honey print
>>
>>10896814
dropped pic
>>
>>10896815
Damn that's ugly
>>
>>10896812
Solid advice, thank you.
>>
>>10896814
Nobody owns cats in frames as a concept
>>
>>10896845
This, there’s been about 10 versions of this type of print, most of which long predate honey honey. If anyone owns the general concept I’d say is Enchantic Enchantilly
>>
>>10896815
the ai looks better
>>
>>10896941
Do I lose my lolita license if I don't know who that is?

Also, for a long time I thought RPA was a Chinese brand that had stores in Japan in the same way that Hoshibako Works does. RPA's aesthetic and materials always reminded me of Chinese brands. I read somewhere that it was a Chinese brand and just didn't question it. Then later on I was surprised it was a Japanese brand. I'm not into contemporary lolita and it shows.
>>
>>10897008
I always thought it was Chinese too
>>
Does maxicimam ever restock?
>>
Is Silent Moon getting shipped late?
>>
>>10897443
I got mine last week and I ordered through Atelier Pierrot.
>>
>>10897170
have you tried looking both on the CD japan website and on the original maxicimam website? They do restock every so often but I don't know how often.
>>
o great seagulls
i petition you in my hour of need:
come monday i'm hopping on a plane to tokyo. this was a surprise christmas gift so i have done zero planning and i have no idea what to do there aside from trawl around the skytree in concentric circles. obviously i'm going to try to hit up some of the irl classic/gothic brand stores but i'm also low on splurge funds from christmas so i am *hoping* to do my actual shopping for lolita clothes at a secondhand market. i feel like i remember long ago finding a couple blogposts about where to find indie/second-hand brands that may not be as expensive, does anyone know of one that's current as of 2023?
or if anyone has more specific/personal recommendations that would also be rad. i'm pretty much open to any suggestions on what to do there, i appreciate whatever help y'all can give.
>>
>>10897487
I foresee one potential issue. Many businesses are closed from December 28th to January 5th. Please check ahead which shops will be open and which shops will be closed the exact days you will be there.
>>
>>10897487
Hit up Harajuku Kawaii Tour on IG, it’s the same group that runs Wonder Tea Party so even if it’s too late to reserve a spot with them I’m sure they would give you a few suggestions for things to do in the area.
>>
>>10897451
How's the quality?
>>
Newbie here who needs spoon feeding or at least a small push in the right direction:
Where to buy dresses that
>can be bought in Europe
>fit a petite body (short torso 1,58m, 50kg, small bust)
>have quality that can be worn like a regular dress daily without it looking like cheap cosplay
>>
>>10897723
lacemarket / jp secondhand thru a proxy like jpshopping/buyee
>>
I'm jealous of girls who started wearing Lolita in their teens or very early 20s. I feel old just starting at 25
>>
>>10896704
aren't these jirai bitches basically just emo? the style looks so shit
>>
>>10898350
same. Im starting at 27 :(
>>
>>10898350
Started when I was 20. Now, I'm over 30. There's always going to be someone younger, better, has more stuff than you, etc. So have fun with lolita fashion instead of being jealous.
>>
>>10897723
Buy nice, reputable brands, don't listen to people pushing you to buy indie or Chinese brands. It seems tempting because of it's availability. It's always better to be patient for the perfect item from the perfect brand to pop up. Anyways, some of that stuff can be good but it's a gamble. As far as wearable, older items (pre-2010) which are left on the market, are dresses that have already proven to stand the test of time so it stands to reason that, what's left seems to consistently be made of higher quality textiles, but it depends. I can't recommend any brands because you didn't say what style of lolita you want to get into.

You're always going to have to check your own measurements yourself. Fortunately, a good chunk of dresses are documented on lolibrary It's best to get used to using the functions to find dresses, this way you can easily check. As a rule of thumb, it's good etiquette to see if it's on here before asking sellers for measurements, especially if it's a popular and well known brand.
>>
>>10898350
You feel old because you are old relative to the fashion. I think it’s mostly because as you get older you get tired of the bs and leave the fashion, so as a whole it def trends 18-25. I’m in my early twenties and I already feel like I’m babysitting at most meets and even private events because most people in the fashion have the emotional age and life milestones of an immature 16 year old. If you want to wear lolita, wear lolita, but be prepared to feel old and learn how to cope with it because this is a very young fashion overall and it’s more than likely that you’ll end up as the comm taxi unless you’re living within a major city.
>>
>>10898368
nayrt but this really depends on the people in your local comm, it really does differ per comm. The group of people wearing lolita (or attempting to wear it) used to skew younger than it does now. You also can't really build a decent wardrobe until you have your own income. There's loads of people who say they knew about lolita as teens but decided to wait until they had a job in order to start wearing it so they started in their twenties. There's also teens who have one shitty coord that they re-use every meetup, or managed to get a few budget dresses they wear with regular accessories. There are a few lolitas in their teens who have good pieces and good outfits, but I would not say that's the standard.
I'd be more inclined to say 21 and 22 is when a lot of people start if they have a job. Some others are still busy being struggling students who can barely afford to eat.
So yeah, 25 is a bit behind but it's not awful. If you're in a local comm with lots of teens you will feel old though. But you would also feel like you're babysitting the teens if you're 21, so in that case that's no different. I think the general audience actually wearing lolita tends to be 20~30, and the biggest part of that group is probably 20~25.
There's a comm near me where nearly everyone is 25~38. My own comm everyone (except for one 17yo) is all 22~45. Even the lolitas I thought were teens ended up being in their early 20s.
>>
>>10898368
lots of older lolitas also leave the comm because they're too busy, whilst they continue to wear lolita on their own or just with their friends. That's also part of the comm lifecycle. People enter the comm, go to meetups, meet people, become friends, start hanging out with them outside of the meetups, go to meetups less, start to have less time for the online comm as well, and then you never hear from them anymore but they're still out there posting coords to their own socials.
>>
>>10898368
You don't have to go to meets to wear lolita
>>
>>10897443
got mine right before Christmas, US
>>
What's the next moitie release? That one with the multiple crosses printed in flocky velvet?
>>
>>10897697
About the same quality as their Happy Pack releases. I never owned or saw an original release Silent Moon OP so I can’t compare there. Definitely overpriced but I’m happy to own it.
>>
Can a kind anon please fill me in on what's happening on lolita TikTok? Something about classism and elitism in lolita?
>>
>>10898708
Itas being itas as per usual
>>
BTSSB seems to have quietly removed all their posts mentioning fashion week. Did anyone else notice? Does this mean it's off for some reason? I was so excited for them
>>
>>10898936
No they didn’t?
>>
>>10898938
Specifically the NYFW posts. They appear to be gone. The normal Sapporo and Tokyo posts are still there. But the one that said they were going to NYFW in February with Global Fashion Collective
>>
>>10898941
The posts that are up still mention NYFW though
>>
File: GDc8E5QbIAALaNJ.jpg (138 KB, 800x800)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
the track suit trend has gone too far
>>
>>10898966
i kinda like it. wearing this to do sports like jogging around the neighborhood would be top tier commitment.
>>
Surprised that nobody posted the trailer for the movie adoption of Novala Takemoto's Happiness (sponsored by IW) yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blaZP5sZLFE
>>
>>10899069
Interesting
>>
>>10898999
Lmao reminds me of one of the ita threads recently where they had a whole fucking book worth of people complaining about the hoshibako works “lolita” track suit and having a debate about if it’s okay to work out in lolita.
>>
>>10893560
is there actually a lavender version of this thread? I'm intrigued.
>>
>>10899115
>thread
meant set. Sorry just done with the gym brain isn't properly working yet.
>>
>>10899116
there isn't afaik
>>
>>10899069
super cool to see more lolita fashion in the media
>>
Anyone enter the lottery for Baby's NYFW show? I sadly didn't realize it was on the SF Twitter, so let me live vicariously through you
>>
>>10899371
I entered; hoping the turn out for the lottery was small, so I actually have a chance of being selected.
>>
>>10899371
I entered and haven’t heard back…..
>>
>>10899407
>>10899584
Good luck to both of you!
>>
>>10899584
Did you hear back yet anon?
>>
>>10899605
>>10899605
Thank you! I heard back, and I will be attending!

Not sure about the lottery, but it seems one of the event coordinators is reaching out to lolitas directly on IG or email, to offer an invite.
>>
>>10899658
>Not sure about the lottery, but it seems one of the event coordinators is reaching out to lolitas directly on IG or email, to offer an invite.
This is so disappointing. I entered the first hour they posted it but probably won’t get in because I don’t have social media.
>>
>>10899634
nope, assuming I didn’t win
>>
>>10899660
Same I saw that someone was personally invited to the fashion show and while I am totally happy for them but disappointed that the event is invite only or through lottery. I live in the city but I don’t get to go type of feeling.
>>
>>10899693
I also live here, it really sucks to not be able to go. They're my favorite brand taking up nearly my whole wardrobe. I wish there were paid tickets or entries given with purchases to give frequent customers a chance. I'm assuming the lottery results were already sent out?
>>
>>10899694
According to my friends post the event coordinator personally invited them to the event and the lottery winners haven’t been chosen yet.
>>
File: XL_p0166872686.jpg (62 KB, 500x500)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
Not really sure where to ask this but if I want to get loose socks like these, where would be the best place to shop? Either online or in-person
>>
>>10899971
sock dreams carries several models
>>
lmao at ebxbexiko setting up bids for their scalped shit that sits in their ""store"" for years only to cancel them and relist them for the same astronomically delusional prices. I wonder if this is some form of mental illness.
>>
>>10900213
as someone screwed over by this "store", thank you for naming and shaming. i swear every auction they've had for the past month or so has been a fake price inflation ploy like no one will notice the dresses were up for like ¥300k for ages
>>
>>10900213
I was looking at their blouses, thanks for the warning
>>
I think I had an aneurysm reading this person's ToS

>I WILL NOT SELL TO USERS WITH LESS THAN +20 feedback!!

I don't use LM much and wanted some of their stuff. I get people flake but fuck off with this
>>
>>10900289
there are some things in there that are very reasonable, but the extent to which she tries to shirk responsibility for undisclosed stains, smells and damage is very suspicious. I've also bought only 3 things on LM this year and do not have +20 feedback despite wearing and buying lolita for over a decade, simply because the things that I want rarely come up on LM for reasonable prices. I buy the large majority of my stuff from the japanese second hand market + new from japanese shops + through my local comm.
>>
>>10900289
>>10900295
For some reason on LM I only ever get feedback every other purchase like clockwork, no matter how nice or attentive the seller was. It probably takes most people a long time to get 20+ feedback if they aren't buying like crazy
>>
>>10900302
I didn't get feedback on my first and only buy :(
I'm glad the seller was willing to sell to me, it was a dress I thought would remain a dream only forever, but now my feedback buildup is delayed. Maybe it was because I mentioned some undisclosed dirt in my feedback (still positive and I tried to downplay it), but the seller wasn't that communicative during the process either so they may just not have thought about it.
>>
>>10900303
It probably wasn't anything you did, I think some sellers just forget to give feedback
>>
>>10900289
what did toymoonhorse do?
>>
>>10900330
Probably flipping
>>
>>10899371
I got in and apparently there were over 300 entrants
>>
>>10900302
>>10900304
When I’m selling I only leave feedback after the buyer has left feedback or otherwise let me know everything arrived safely and they’re satisfied with the transaction. The ball’s in their court, so to speak. The majority of my buyers drop all contact after I send them their tracking link so I only have the delivery service’s word to go by that the package was delivered at all. I don’t feel comfortable leaving feedback in those circumstances.
If the buyer has left feedback and the seller hasn’t then she’s probably just forgotten. I don’t think LM sends feedback notifications. You could PM her if it’s important.
>>
>>10900418
I always leave feedback as soon as I get the item and I message the seller to tell them I got it and thank them. Still often don't get feedback. If they don't give feedback after that I'd feel weird about harassing them for it
>>
>>10900418
Nayrt but I've always left feedback after receiving the item. And I did get feedback notifications through email iirc if it took a long time for the item to arrive. The thing is I don't want to ask the seller to leave me feedback, that's awkward.
>>
>>10900302
i hate high feedback limits like this. i'll never forget how i lost out on my dream dress back in 2019 for not having enough feedback to buy. it was priced ridiculously cheap and i've never seen the exact colorway/cut pop up again since.
>>
>>10900213
What is happening? I tried bidding in one of the items, it got sold for 3 times the bid I entered, then the dress was relisted 5 times the price I bid. ??? Was she bossing with a fake account? That's so odd
>>
>>10900452
it's kind of crazy because it's the BUYER who gets scammed, not usually the seller.
>>
>>10900455
she's absolutely making fake bids to jack up the "value". she probably thinks everyone's stupid enough to think it's worth whatever the last winning bid was.
>>
>>10900455
this happened to me on a pair of socks i bought from her a year+ ago. it wasnt as egregious as tripling/quintupling the price, but they were ¥3500 or so, mysteriously disappeared when i bid, then reappeared the next week for ¥4500.
i always thought it was a weird fever dream until you said this lol
>>
File: IMG_5423.jpg (233 KB, 1170x618)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>10899371
This is who you all lost the lottery to
>>
>>10901586
Jesus this person is ugly AND fat.
>>
>>10901586
Kekking at it being phrased like they were actually invited and didn’t just win the lottery. The applications should’ve been gatekept to keep out people who don’t wear the fashion. Where was this posted?
>>
>>10901592
b solf
>>
File: no.png (2.05 MB, 1072x1292)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB PNG
>>10901586
>I'm also size us 16.
>>
>>10901606
That spot could've gone to literally anyone else. So depressing.
>>
File: 1708404992078.jpg (84 KB, 480x640)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
BTSSB is producing a set of the 15th anniversary Miku figure
https://www.instagram.com/p/C3je46TrZkG/?img_index=2
>>
Does anyone have the old rerelease or OG + the new rerelease Silent Moon and can compare them? It's one of my favorite Moitie prints but I'm on the fence about getting the new one considering how bad their recent print releases have been
>>
anime boston is hiring? or trying to get free volunteers for their event

https://www.animeboston.com/news/article/936

has any one ever applied? what was your experience?
>>
>>10903651
this is the lolita thread, you might have more luck in the AB thread
>>10899521
>>
>>10903335
hory shiet I saved this to my egl album not even realizing it was a miku themed set. It's so goddamn cute, I need to find a way to diy the headdress
>>
File: IMG_1404.png (3.65 MB, 1640x3101)
3.65 MB
3.65 MB PNG
does anyone else sometimes see a specific piece/accessory, and then get super obsessed and make a whole coord around it ? i do this all the time. this morning i discovered a duo called marisan who make bread themed accessories and instantly began planning…
sidenote, ive failed the captcha twice already trying to post this. i fucking hate this ridiculous thing, takes me like 5 minutes everytime i want to post something
>>
>>10903942
Happens to me all the time. Saw a really cute handmade strawberry barrette on xianyu and built an entire coord around it, except I'm still on the lookout for the perfect main piece. Adorable coord, by the way!
And I feel you on the captcha - I get a 60 second wait time between each try on top of that, which makes me want to post less and less.
>>
>>10903942
pls, not the cringeprint bread skirt, pls
>>
>>10903942
idk about anyone else but I do anon! It also helps me resist the urge to buy random things that don't fit my wardrobe since I can make collages of it instead. That coord is very cute!
>>
anyone know any backpacks thatd be passable into a coord but can also fit a laptop?
>>
>>10893198
I know this girl through a friend and she said that if you go into the lolita general on /cgl/ there is a high chance that someone is spamming pictures of her and here we are.
>>
File: IMG_5306.jpg (19 KB, 340x255)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>10904066
Look up 3 way bags on Lolibrary, you'll get plenty of options. Something like picrel can be perfectly passable, depending on the coord.
>>
>>10904066
If you wear sweet, the ones (Japanese) Sanrio sell are great. As they're smaller than normal adult backpacks, it can sit above your waistline and not squish the petticoat forwards. I have one of their size M childrens backpacks and it fits a 13.3" Macbook Pro
>>
is the baby webstore down for anyone else right now? no items are showing on the site for me.
>>
File: IMG_5531.jpg (228 KB, 1284x1862)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
>>10904565
Same here
>>
>>10904565
Scheduled site maintenance
https://www.babyssb.co.jp/store_info/20240228_online/
>>
>>10904568
I'm a ditz. thanks anon
>>
Can anybody help me find shoes like picrel that are size 43 Chinese/26.5 Japan/9-9.5 USA?
All the cute shoes I find stop at 41. I rly want a yellow shoe with a short wooden heel, but I'd settle for plain tea parties.
https://42lolita.com/collections/modo/products/modo-sweet-lolita-round-toe-platform-shoes-ankle-strap-shoes?variant=44419792076974
>>
>>10904764
anon, 43/26.5 is US 10 not 9.5, some converters are wrong and put this(i know because it's the size i wear). japanese brands won't carry it, but taobao/ali will. however i recommend you remeasure your foot since 9-9.5 is right within the largest japanese sizes. always look for the cm size for different shoes rather than numbered sizing(japanese shoe size is actually just the cm of the sole, meaning 26.5 can only fit a foot around 26-26.3cm.) ever since finding out my foot measurement in cm i only use that when buying shoes online. if you do wear 26.5 look on taobao/ali.
>>
>>10904787
Thanks for the info, I did know that but I size up because Asian shoes tend to run small in my experience.
>>
>>10904804
that's why i mentioned to find your cm measurements. it's not that "asian shoes run small", but more that chinese shoe sizes often lie, which again is helped by looking at the cm measurement of the shoe rather than just the size.
>>
>>10904858
Ah okay, thank you!
>>
File: GIHEi-ObQAAwt0o.jpg (1.26 MB, 1532x2048)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
cute embroidered release
>>
>>10905353
It looks great, I want it!
I wish I weren't poor
>>
>>10905353
>be brand
>"perhaps we shall find a way to not make the prints cringe"
they're getting a clue! cute
>>
File: B48OJ206_model_SX-01.jpg (61 KB, 480x720)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>10905353
Now if only the other colorways had higher resolution stock photos to even see the embroidery
>>
>>10905408
Check Instagram for the different Baby stores, many have released close ups and photos of the dress. The embroidery is beautiful!
>>
>>10905376
The black and red ones are already gone :(
It was really expensive anyway but if I had a few weeks to make a decision maybe I could have convinced myself into buying it.
>>
>>10905485
You can try entering the lottery via SS or US online shop. Popular series get automatically MTO'd for lottery entrees.
>>
>>10905400
Embroidery on dresses isn’t a print or a new concept to lolita
>>
>>10905490
There is a moid constantly posting that prints are cringe, don't reply to him.
>>
Is this axes femme jsk loliable? It was on lolibrary but I don’t trust that.
>>
>>10905547
it's cute, and you could definitely wear it with lolita pieces, but it's too plain to be a lolita dress. Would be really good for casual days though
>>
Did anyone else sort of leave lolita and just become a regular western goth instead? In my teens and early 20s I was so desperate to try and make it work for me but now that I'm in my later 20s I'm accepting that I never really had the face or body for it... It wasn't that I was fat either, I've always been thin, but there were unchangeable features like my height and broad shoulders that just made me look ridiculous in lolita. I felt like I looked like a dude in drag most of the time and even had photos of me mistaken for sissies. That and my face has never been "cute" or "feminine", even when I was a child, and I feel like in western gothic circles having an androgynous appearance is more acceptable and sometimes even desirable
>>
>>10905623
No its not plain for lolita, what a shit advice. Are you a sweetfag?

>>10905547
The dress is fine and versatile
>>
>>10905547
It's not even close to lolita or loliable but wear whatever you want.
>>10905678
New
>>
>>10905679
The irony, bet you think physical drop is not lolita either, or that low puff longer dresses from mmm are aristo.
Lolita is not a costume for cons or tea parties so more simpler garments made for everyday wear are totally a thing you dumbfuck.
>>
>>10905680
Not every girly dress has to be lolita. This bait is just lazy and boring at this point.
>>
>>10905680
those are lolita brands though. axes femme's kawaii line puts out some lolita pieces, but that dress is literally just normie girly fashion
>>
>>10905547
this isn't that different from modern IW, and it looks like it would fit a longer a line petti. you could definitely style this as toned down classic or casual
>>
>>10905636
I feel you anon, right down to being mistaken for a sissy once. It’s the backup insult if you’re too thin to be called fat. If you decide to keep wearing lolita, make sure you have a haircut and makeup style that don’t harden or masculinize your face. it took me forever to find the right haircut but it helped me feel more suited to sweet and classic.
>>
>>10905547

https://lolibrary.org/items/af-kawaii-romantic-frill-jsk

I plan to pin the bottom tier on this one up and wear it as lolita, but anon I think the problem with your photo is the skirt isn't full/gathered enough to get real big under a petticoat. It's very otome, which is still cute!
>>
>>10905636
I did the opposite, I'm very tall with broad shoulders but a feminine cute face. I started out with western goth and punk styles but later switched to lolita because I looked like a very tall child playing dress up. Do whatever works for you I guess
>>
Why does Connie keep saying that VM was bought out by WW when VM's webpage states they're still under Individual, Inc. and not Tanaqro, like Moitie? Does she know something we don't?
>>
>>10907060
>Does she know something we don't?
well as an employee of a japanese brand that works closely with other japanese brands, there's surely a lot of things she knows that you don't.
>>
>>10907060
If this is true I’m sad. Just look at what WW did to MMM TT
>>
>>10907067
Connie made this claim because some girl got a nu-VM dress made of horrible fabric, so it's probably already Over.
>>
>>10905485
They're already appearing secondhand, and yesterday there was a red one which is one of my preferred colorways, it even sold slowly enough that I could have bought it, but I want the fatty cut so I didn't buy it. So now it's stalking Mercari in hope of getting it.
>>
>>10909147
>the fatty cut
>the smallest one still goes up to 100cm
They're both fatty cuts kek
>>
>>10909147
I got the red set of JSK I, KC & Kumya outfit from fril a couple of days ago for ¥55k, bit spendy but still less than RRP and I wasn’t expecting to find it so quickly! The yoke is so pretty. I slept on Love Heart Embroidery and this one scratches that itch. I hope the other jsk comes up for a good price!

>>10909201
>waist up to 82cm
>fatty cut
Get ye gone mr skeltal
>>
>>10909223
Nta but unless you’re six feet tall, an 82cm/32in waist is fat. Ever heard the old legend of 32” waist chan?
>>
>>10909594
nayrt and I fully agree, I would even add that if you're 6 feet tall a 82cm/32in waist most likely means you're at least chubby. But if the max measurement of the dress is 82cm waist the wearer would need to have a waist smaller than that. Let's say 5cm for comfort and movement. That makes the wearer's max waist 77cm, and I have seen people with that waist measurement who imo weren't fat and weren't 6 feet tall. Maybe a little chubby but not the worst. Of course if you're looking at a really short person then 77cm waist is fat.

I vaguely remember a story about someone with a 32" waist on here, please refresh our memories.
>>
>>10909595
it really depends on your build. someone could be thin but lack a defined waist, which isn't uncommon in asian women or women who've had kids. so depending on height and build, someone with an 80in waist could theoretically be overall thinner than someone with a 75cm waist.

usually what nutritionists look at is waist to hip ratio, weight and height, and body fat percentage rather than the waist measurement by itself.
>>
>>10909595
Fair point that 82cm is not the max waist for the dress, it would actually be a few cm smaller to accommodate movement + wearing a blouse. As for 32” waist-chan, she was known for posting all over cgl about how much thinner and sexier than pixyteri she was, don’t want to catch a drama ban but if you google that phrase a lolcow farms thread comes up.

>>10909605
An actual 82cm waist is fat though. I challenge you to find a woman under 6’ with that measurement who isn’t overweight.
>>
File: B48HC325_model_OWRD-06.jpg (112 KB, 480x643)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
Although they're nice, it's weird to me that baby keeps releasing these super fancy expensive ott dresses. They've released like 5 or more in a row now. Whose got money for this shit right now?
>>
>>10909887
You mean the new wedding and 2-3 premium dresses they preview and release every year around the same time?
>>
>>10909595
>But if the max measurement of the dress is 82cm waist the wearer would need to have a waist smaller than that

I’m >>10909223 and that’s what I’m getting at. The flat garment measurement is 32” but that isn’t the maximum size that will fit into it comfortably, unless you plan to wear no blouse nor sit down at all. I maintain it is not a fatty cut, estatters be damned.

>32-inch-waist-chan
What a blast from the past kek
>>
>>10909612
I just googled it and all the pictures are gone...
>>
>>10909887
This is absolutely hideous and I blame China for these grotesque OTT releases. Surely they're the only ones buying them.
>>
>>10909896
La Princesse Brille comme toi ¥270,000
Créme Chantilly Princess ¥60,000
Secret Rose ¥68,000
Bouquet de Saison Printanier ¥62,000
Mariée de Kumya ¥320,000
Love Heart Magic ¥68,000
Miku Strawberry Dress ¥120,000
Different Miku dress ¥180,000

All in like 1-2 months. There was also a 55k yen one I didn't include.
>>
>>10909922
It’s got charm but it’s almost not really Lolita anymore? Aesthetically these dresses hit different for me idk. I don’t think the Chinese market is fueling it, the Chinese economy is in the total shitter lately, but I guess Japan is even worse right now, so who knows. I can’t quite put my finger on why it feels like a different fashion.
>>
>>10909956
Maybe it’s a cash grab. Even if the margins are exactly the same, the make more money per dress because of the pricing, so maybe they had samples laying around and are trying to build capital.
>>
>>10909887
This looks like a toddler beauty pageant outfit
>>
>>10909965
Can’t unsee kek. But you right tho. I swear honey boo boo had one like this.
>>
>>10909887
They’re not meant for westerners or even jp litas, it’s for their rich Chinese customers. Honestly if western lolita wasn’t so swamped with broke shein and Etsy itas we would get more baby releases that we want but clearly the western doesn’t pay as much
>>
>>10909967
nayrt, but lolitas from the west are such a small % of the customer base of jpn brands that they generally don't consider us much at all when making decisions on what to release. The west should count themselves lucky for meta and atelier pierrot
>>
>>10910005
It is interesting that Meta took a huge risk with catering to western sizing. I’d be very curious to know how their orders break down across markets. I’d bet westerners are a large part of their business, but it is risky business because if AP or Baby offered large sizing I don’t think anyone would choose meta over them. Good news for meta is that I doubt that would ever happen. Meta doesn’t seem to be anyone’s favorite brand, they just happen to make stuff that fits. I miss old meta tho. Weird, wacky, creative af.
>>
>>10910013
>Meta doesn’t seem to be anyone’s favorite brand

That's feels like a bait statement lol. You could make an argument for new meta, but the crazy old schoolers love meta.
>>
>>10910013
100%
I love old meta (specific pieces). Kuniko Kato's core value was that everyone should be able to enjoy lolita fashion, so I think that's the reason so many of their early pieces had roomy sizing and they reached out towards the international market.
Some people go around saying meta is their favorite brand (talking about current meta). I don't believe them. I'm sure they're just telling themselves and everyone else that it's their favorite brand because it's one of the few brands that actually caters to their size and they would probably pick something else if they fit into every standard size brand release. No-one can convince me anyone is looking at current meta designs and thinking "these are the best designs ever" completely unrelated to the sizing.
The amount of people wearing nu-meta but secretly wishing they could wear AP instead is probably quite large.

I shouldn't be too annoyed with current meta designs. At least it's keeping some plus sized lolitas from wearing bigger eyesores instead.
>>
>>10910017
I'm sure she is talking about current meta, I interpreted it as such anyway.
>>
>>10910017
I thought it was pretty clear from my comment, given that I said specifically that I love old meta. Meta is a weird brand. They’ve had wild variation in their sub style over time, which doesn’t seem to be the case for any other brand I can think of off the top of my head.

>>10910021
I think the level of creativity and risk has gone down as the market has been squeezed by taobao brands. It’s sad really. The overalls will always be on my list.
>>
Meta is such a cool brand. I love all their stuff from old school to the weird shit they were doing in the 2010's. I'll cape for new Meta too, imo their fabric quality and construction have held up the best compared to all the other major brands. They're still releasing really out-there prints and dabbling in all sorts of styles. plus their blouses, socks and accessories are really good wardrobe basics, I think most lolitas have at least one pair of their lace topped socks. I have noticed that there's less variance in types of cut, like most dresses are the exact same pattern with different bodice detailing compared to the various a-line, high waist etc. cuts they used to release. but I guess they had to cut corners somewhere
>>
>>10910053
Meta has nowhere near the fabric quality of Baby nonny. Nu-meta isn’t the worst, but I’ve been disappointed by the two releases I bought, which to be fair, were on clearance.
>>
>>10910053
this print is taobao tier and a lot of meta prints in general are too. do japanese lolitas wear this stuff?

meta is a weird brand, they've been around forever and old meta is cute, but a lot of nu-meta looks like it was designed by someone with a vague idea of what lolita is, but with no actual experience with the fashion. the webshop's substyle categories are also indicative of staff not knowing much about the fashion. i wonder if they're having trouble finding good designers. they've been sticking with a lot of rereleases lately. the decline in quality and design reminds me of what happened to moitie.
>>
>>10910068
It’s nowhere near as bad as Moitie imho, at least the re-releases they’re doing aren’t like Chinese knock off tier. The fabric for nu-Meta is interesting. It’s not as cheap as AP poly, and the construction is definitely better than AP, but it’s still not what I’d like to see. I also feel Meta did a great job keeping the fullness of the skirt, and there’s no skimping on fabric, so you can get a really nice poof. What happened to MMM is a tragedy. That one dress with the forest print is literally taobao tier.
>>
>>10910005
Yeah, I'm the op and that wasn't what I meant it was more like the entire global economy seems shit rn. West, jp or China or anywhere. So the decision to release a lot of expensive dresses in a row is odd.
>>
>>10909594
its so crazy that cgl just happens to be full of skinny people with 23" petite dolly uwu waists but every self poster thats been exposed on here is far, far from that description. its all cope.
>>
>>10910468
nayrt, it's a mix in here. I'm pretty sure there are some fat people here who have that waist size who admit 82cm waist is fat because they don't want to fuel anyone's delusions.

There've been plenty of fat and chubby people on cgl talking about their own measurements and which dresses they fit in, and they weren't jumped or mocked for doing so. People just hate it when fat people pretend they're not fat.
>>
This style is appropriated by Japs and then reappropriated by weaboos.
>>
>>10909956
>>10909896
They have released 3 more since this comment
Shangri-la princess 160,000 yen
Princess Annette 68,000 yen
Eden (AatP) 69,000 yen

But yeah, totally normal thing they do every year, kek
>>
>>10911836
Nayrt, I wish they would release more normal pieces instead of so many over the top special event dresses.
I'm personally waiting for a heart bag rerelease. I know they're not good quality (even for fake leather) but that's exactly why I don't want to buy second hand. You don't know how long it's been sitting in someone's house, or if it's actually in the good condition they say it's in.
>>
>>10911837
chinese girls need all these for their weeb oujosama larp shit.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.