[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: OIG.jpg (101 KB, 1024x1024)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
90s-early 2000s: smart white guys and asians
late 2000s-2020: poor people show up
2020-presetnt: smart white guys and asians

we're going home bros
>>
>>978177
Now we just need smart white guys and asians to take over Hip-Hop.
>>
>>978177
are you talking about the cg industry? because it's full of indians.
>>
File: 0001-0460.webm (1.12 MB, 640x480)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB WEBM
So, somebody in another thread wanted to see mocap with shoulder movement. I was thinking about starting a new thread but this one will do. Thanks Cris for making it.
>>
File: 0001-0460.webm (2.24 MB, 640x480)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB WEBM
With the armature visible.
>>
This >>980058 >>980060 is Microsoft Rocketbox, which you can get from here:
https://github.com/microsoft/Microsoft-Rocketbox
Just in case you want to make something, have fun and not have to listen to some self-styled "artist" for a while.
>>
File: 0001-0860.webm (1.46 MB, 640x480)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB WEBM
This is another action. But the problem is the same as with the other set. Due to bugs and missing features in the NLA editor, it's (almost) impossible to re-target, combine and modify the actions effectively.
I'm glad the Blender developers may be doing something about it in 2025 after they're done with Grease Pencil which is obviously a priority.
>>
>>980058
what's the point? I always delete the shoulder movement and when I'm done re-animating hands I constrain the shoulders to elbow (elbows and hands are on IK) with aim at about 40%. what you posted looks terrible
>>
>>980068
>what you posted looks terrible
Can you show me something good of your own? Don't answer. I know the answer.
>>
>>980069
why make the post then, you fucking retard. what's even the point of your other posts ITT? you wanted to discuss mocap techniques or just shill your github project?
>>
>>980071
>shill your github project
If you don't want to visit the link, at least read it. What does it say? You know there are those letters things in there.
>>
>>980072
okay an avatar library..cool. then what's up with the mocap? you want to discuss it or what
>>
>>980077
The main issue is that the library provides building blocks (in term of animations) but it's really hard to use those in Blender. So, if you have concrete ideas or techniques to do so, that would he interesting.
>>
>>980078
I'm not familiar with freetard software but as I mentioned previously, I don't use shoulders from mocap at all most of the time because I reanimate the arms anyway and then the original movement doesn't correspond (I reanimate with IKs in a kinda retarded way but it's much faster than classic workflow)
>>
>>980159
I'm curious to try to do that but I don't think it's going to work because Blender's IK system relies on joints being a little pre-bent in the right direction and I don't think the CMU skeleton has that feature.
>>
File: itasc.jpg (182 KB, 959x743)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>980159
I'm surprised. It kinda works. However not with the default solver. The itasc solver has an option to copy the rotation of the target instead of using a pole and that seems to work. It should also allow to set rotation limits, stiffness...
>>
For years I've tried to understand what the iTaSC solver thing purpose was. Because the documentation is cryptic and it works kinda like a cut down version of a rigid body simulator.
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/2.79/rigging/armatures/posing/bone_constraints/inverse_kinematics/introduction.html#rigging-armatures-posing-bone-constraints-ik-model-itasc
Turns out it's for advanced re-targeting. When it's enabled, the "Copy Pose" mode inside the IK constraint can be used instead of the Copy Transform constraint. It's outside the scope of what I'm trying to do now but I'll get back to it
>>
>>980192
yeah, the trick is that 80% of the important motion comes from the ankles, chest and wrists (all on IK).. you can just grab the poses you need (from the original mocap) and delete all other keys and you will still get sort of cleaned up original motion that you can restore via constrains and playing with IK pulls. of course you need to know what you are doing as an animator. sometimes reanimating things yourself is faster than trying to clean up shitty mocap

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.