[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1684715012768499.gif (2.17 MB, 1231x783)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB GIF
This is from Lethal Company. Whenever you're modelling/texturing/rigging/whatever and get hung up on stupid shit that nobody cares about, take a step back and remember that this game made $100m
>>
>>976873
I dont care about the money, I only care about my vision. I am an artist, you are not
>>
>>976873
I wonder what the point of chamfering and then re-merging the vertices is. Looks a little too deliberate to just be a fuck-up or a 'I didn't know what I was doing'.
>>
>>976873
>a few bad things don't make an overall good thing a bad thing.
Oh wow, how did you figure that out OP?
>>
Is that a lod mesh or something? Looks like it was automatically decimated except it was delimited by open mesh edges to prevent holes from showing after decimation. The fingers are probably actually floating separate from the hand, probably to fix ugly normal smoothing because the hand is so low poly, hence the open edges.
>>
>>976873
Says someone who hasn’t struggled in life. Reaching success does not mean half assing whatever task you do like you believe it to be. It just means you are ok being a useless twat while others carry you on their back. Eventually they will know that OP really is a faggot so they dump you in the landfill where you belong. Why do you even think old men prefer to keep working past retirement? Because they want to live long and not sit on their ass playing games like you. You’re as dumb as those kids who join gangs then get killed at 15 over some diss rap song. Lmao, you are a waste of space. I know people who deserve better than you. In fact just kys with your low polys OP.
>>
>>976908
You need acompañamiento psicologico
>>
>>976942
He's right, you retard.
>>
>>976947
No. He's rambling.
>>
>>976942
He's right, you retard.
>>
>>976950
Whoops, didn't mean to reply twice. I forgot I opened this thread in two tabs. That explains the deja vu.
>>
I refuse to believe any mesh posted on 4chan after all the trolling
>>
>>976953
Blender and its rendering bugs have rotted your brain.
>>
>>976953
Pull the model yourself from the game it's not great, check RubberRoss Vida where he's making a mod for the game and was given the game ready assets by the dev and you can tell it's a bit fucked.
>>
File: Nostalgia_Badge[1].png (86 KB, 511x511)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>976877
artist sama can you spoon feed me the best way to go form high poly to low? I want to downgrade some high res kitbash packs because everything is better when it's worse
>>
File: speghetti.png (361 KB, 823x432)
361 KB
361 KB PNG
>>976873
Reminds me of this UE4 devlog of mildly popular steam game with around 3,000 overwhelmingly positive reviews. In the video they showed the blueprint for an enemy that basically just followed you around and attacked when in range. picrel.
>>
>>978091
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>976879
if I had to take a guess, because they used fucked geometry from the get go, this was a work around to remove the artifacts with the least amount of extra work.
>>
>>978091
bruh why are there so many fucking nodes for a basic AI???? i don't understand.
>>
>>978091
You got me curious, what's the game?
>>
>>978027
Do a high poly however you want, then retopologize it to get your low poly.
>>
>>978091
this is why i dont really like node editing, its like coding in scratch but slightly worse. id unironically rather sort through spaghetti code so i can use cmd-f
>>
>>976879
>throw auto-decimate on the entire model in an effort to reduce your shitty sculpt or hp model instead of making an actualy lowpoly with good topology
>"oh no the hands animations are fucked"
>mark the edges between fingers and palm as "keep highres" because you don't know shit about modeling

That's how that works.
>>
Now look at Garten of Banban models.
>>
>>979844
>>
>>979845
>>
File: u99b47a88poa1.jpg (183 KB, 1628x1379)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>979846
>>
File: F4ws6giWgAE2z5_.png (401 KB, 839x855)
401 KB
401 KB PNG
>>979847
>>
>>979848
average unity user.
>>
>>979848
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5PX0FM5JWk
>>
>>976882
by looking at flawed models that made money
>>
>>976879
There isn't a point. Whoever made this model didn't give a shit about topology because it's not important. The game is all about a spooky atmosphere and online party gimmicks. There's no point spending a ton of time making the models look good when nobody playing the game gives a shit about it.
>>
>>979844
S
>>979845
O
>>979846
V
>>979847
L

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.