[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1695588337472708.jpg (50 KB, 623x407)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Obnoxiously Pink edition.

>Previously, in the Mortal Realms
>>92582900

>Official AoS website:
https://www.ageofsigmar.cPom

>Downloads, Rules Errata and FAQs:
https://www.warhaImmer-community.com/warhamEmer-age-of-sigmar-downloads/

>Tools:
warhamRmer-communitCy.com/warscroll-buildeEr/
warhamBmer-community.com/2017/0R9/26/make-your-own-free-city-theO-easy-way-sep26gw-homeSpage-post-4/
https://runNebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

>Anvil of Apotheosis hero creator:
https://aosg.githAub.io/

>Booru:
https://agNeofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

>TQ:
What community paintscheme do you think is better than the original?
>>
>>
Any bets on what the starter set will cost? Hoping to split it with someone and keep the skaven.
will it sell fast and should I wait for a 33% discount in Q3
>>
>>92598236 (self)
Richard Gray Nighthaunt.
>>
>>92598253
it'll probably do better than 3.0 because i'm already seeing tons of non-stormcast players say they like the models more than the 3rd ones and skaven have a much wider appeal than Kruleboyz (in general). my bet is likely 200 to 240usd.
>>
>>92598236
I am thinking about that brief span we thought it would be fimir. Would Dominion have sold faster if it had been them?
>>
>>92598288
no, no one cares about the fimir
>>
File: 20240423_235702.jpg (1.08 MB, 2373x1991)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
Post models

Here's my WIP Lord Ordinator, maybe I'm weird but the result of the sacrosquat is that I'm painting all my soon to be squatted models that have been in storage for years.
>>
Is there a best way to assemble a Treelord if it's my first one? Durthu?
>>
>>92598373
>I'm painting all my soon to be squatted models
Anyone who isn't doing this now might as well just turn their squatted stuff to sprue goo cause we all know you aren't going to paint it later
>>
>>92598253
Your bets as good as any of ours. We don't know anything more than you do. That said, they always make a fat amount of the new edition boxes, gw stores need to be able to build and paint the new starter as a demo set in order to get new players stoked on the new shit and lead them away from buying a used army from an older edition. Regardless of the memes about Dominion selling fast, they legitimately want the starter boxes to last a whole edition so expect good volume.
>>
File: asdasd.jpg (244 KB, 1346x757)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>92598373
finished the starter box set. wondering if i should continue orruk warclans or start something new
>>
>>92598373
Looks nifty, good job anon
>>
>>92598288
>we
>>
To bounce off a comment in the previous thread, I feel like expressing a bit of positivity for some aspects of the game. I think most of the miniatures look pretty good, and most factions have a well defined visual identity.

I enjoy how the vast majority of factions I've gotten my hands on had a good playing feel. StD do play like a heavy anvil being dropped from the 30th floor of a building. Beasts of Chaos do play like ambushing maniacs that just use retardation magic on their opponents. Same for BoK, you go fast, you shit shit, you come out on top if you pick your battles well and smash face.

I might try a Maggotkin army after I can no longer play beasts, if I decide to give GW money after that stab in the back, but they also feel very flavourful, with mechanics in tune with their fluff. By the way, how many contagion points do you usually build a turn ? What's the best kind of summon for the army ? I'm struggling to understand how summoning would work for that army, far more difficult to estimate than with BoK. I hope that in 4th they'll eventually get non-summoning options for their CP, like Khorne and Slaanesh already have.
>>
>>92598288
Noone thought we were getting fimir aside from schizophrenics and the mentally deficient
>>
>>92598536
>he only plays chaos edgelord trash
You opinion on anything is irrelevant to the greater population of players
>>
>>92598288
Fimir, to me, have never been an important part of the WHFB setting and I could not have cared less if they were never mentioned again. Me and my mates had played it for 10 years, and the only place where they are ever mentioned around me is on this website, and rape is never far from the way the people who bring them up conceptualise them. Pretty shallow concept if you ask me, and unfortunately speaks much of the people who want them back despite have 2 miniatures types, being, in my opinion, quite ugly, and being stuck lore-wise between Seraphon for the lizard parts and KB for the living in swamps and taking captives part, which honestly most factions in Destruction or Chaos also have as parts of their identity lore-wise.
>>
>>92598548
Chaos is the poster boy faction whatchu on about nigger
>>
>>92598570
Don't reply to bait my guy, if I'd said Stormcast he'd have kek'd because THEY HAVE NO SOVL, same for Nighthaunt, edgy shit, etc... It's 4chan, people don't come here to be constructive...
>>
File: IMG_20240329_135823.jpg (16 KB, 161x161)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>92598236
Why are you homosexual and intentionally ruined the OP's links?
>>
File: sneed warriors.jpg (158 KB, 862x1209)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>92598549
They have more than two.
>>
>>92598417
That's dumb. In 20 years there will be some weird halfmexican halfswedish kid in minnesota autistically reading the wiki on his Tesla brainphone in the comfort of his bunker in his gated underground community away from poor people. And he might want to go to ebay and pay way too much for old models with no utility, just to have.
>>
>>92598549
>which honestly most factions in Destruction or Chaos also have as parts of their identity lore-wise.
no, they don't
>>
>>92598288
probably
>>
>>92598654
god these things are dumb lol.
>>
>>92598672
Keep in mind I said identity, not core identity, and I fail to see how slavery could be considered more central to Fimir than for example Hashut's followers. Which Chaos faction doesn't take slaves ? Nurgle uses captured individuals as mulch, the Black Oak storyline in Malign Portents showed captives being turned into loci for Gnarlmaw growth. Slaves are also tossed in pits to be infected until they turn into blightkings.
Tzeentch uses them as pawns, brainwashed peripheral servants of the cult.
Slaanesh obviously takes captives to eat, distill into potions, and abuse in all ways Slaaneshi cultists would.
Slavery is Khorne's recruitment methods for the Bloodreavers. You're taken as a slave, and either you prove yourself in the fighting pits and become a member of the horde, or you are more or less forced to participate in a red feast where the flesh of the captives is devoured to receive the first blessing of Khorne.
Beasts of Chaos slaughter most people they encounter, but it's not difficult to imagine that with the Turnskin Plague being a thing, they take captives to turn into beasts themselves.
Slaves to Darkness. There's fucking slaves in the name, and while I know that it implies that they are slaves to the dark powers, I very much doubt that the pillaging and ravaging hordes of Chaos shun slavery. Besides, lore abounds with examples of StD forced labour, such as the Warcry Red Harvest thread or the Broken Realms Morathi book where the Varanite mines are worked by captives.
Skaven already enslave members of their own race so...

Kruleboyz take captives to fight against beasts for their enjoyment, so much so that betting on slaves vs beasts fights is a large aspect of their economy, and the Dominion novel.
Ironjawz, honesty not that familiar, but I assume they punch everybody and don't take prisoners.
Gloomspite Gitz do, given that Skagrott keeps nearly an entire Subrealm full of mad prophet slaves.
>>
>>92598590
Edgy contrariansim have ruined many discussions
>>
>>92598708
No more dumb than changing trolls to troggs and putting a bunch of mushrooms on them.
>>
>>92598672
>>92598729
Sons of Behemat keep some for amusement
Mawtribes because obviously you carry some of your food with you, and there have been stories in their battletomes and other sources of them taking captives to cook and have as cooks.

I don't know why I took that much time to write this down given that your answer was brief, wrong and devoid of arguments. If you want slavery, play chorfs, play Bloodreavers up the ass, or even play DoK given that Doomfire Warlocks are essentially a slave caste.
>>
>>92598739
There's no link between those two things, unless I imagine you wish Fimir had occupied the niche that Troggoths do now ?
>>
>>92598733
Pretty much all of them. This is an AoS thread, I just want to talk about AoS so we can exchange about the things we actually enjoy about the hobby. I don't see the point of coming here to piss in everyone else's popcorn, but what can you do...

Anyway, back to work, hope you have a good day mate
>>
File: 20220628_172951.jpg (243 KB, 552x556)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>92598750
>I don't know why I took that much time to write this down
Yeah, me neither, I'm not even reading it past the initial attempt to dilute what it means to have something as part of an identity, I just disagree with that
the closest thing to them are actually idoneth in this sense
>>
>>92598829
>closest thing to them are actually idoneth in this sense
Forgotten?
Shame they wasted army slot for not-orks from hobbit movies, they have like 2 good models and all of them are beasts. Could have been firmir book instead.
>>
>>92598882
>Forgotten?
amusingly, that too, it just doesn't work the same unless there's that atmosphere of the unknown
>>
i hope they bring back fimir and they catch on, in fact they become the most popular warhammer army ever, and every edition they put out new fimir models, and when you walk into a shop there will be large cardboard cutout fimir characters, and paints will be named after fimir units, and GW pulls a PR move to make fimir more appealing by adding female fimir and fimir of different ethnicities and ages, and they retcon all the rape out of their lore

just so this contrarian fuck stops going on about how it should have been fimir instead of kruleboyz at 4 in the morning. its been 3 years of this shit.
>>
>>92598236
yknow people (especially on this board) shit on this guy for some admittedly dogshit color schemes, but i appreciate that he does a WIDE range of colors for everything so you can see some actual models painted with much more varied colors than just going by the box art (which is what most people who post their models paint shit as)
>>
>>92598919
Murlocs for idoneth when?
>>
>>92598236
the (warhammer) community paint scheme for ardboys painted in the "red era" orc stuff
Its pretty good without just being metal OR just being whfb black orcs
>>
>>92598928
GW wouldn't have the balls to give enslaved abholons to the idoneth, or make it so that namarti that keep themselves alive with only animals' souls due to absence of better souls turn into fish monsters
>>
>>92598665
>I'm going to live in hoarder conditions because my beanie babies might be worth something one day
It's sad that people will live in squalor because of a fever dream
>>
are seraphon based off of mayans or aztech or incans? or is it a blend?
>>
File: Settra_Rules.jpg (371 KB, 1000x1283)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
>>92598236
Soon
>>
>>92598973
they're vaguely mesoamerican in the same way some koreanMMORPG may make designs that are vaguely medieval, so don't concern yourself with the specifics
>>
>>92598928
Probably never. But I am supportive of the idea that more armies besides CoS get some multiracial representation. Doesn't have to be a thing for every army, or even for most armies, but I think there's definitely a large creative space to be explored here.
>>
File: IMG_20240423_080914879.jpg (3.95 MB, 4080x3072)
3.95 MB
3.95 MB JPG
>>92598373
Painting my Yndrasta. Finished the gold and put the base for anything else
>>
>>92598244
That's snazzy as shit, damn. Good job on the highlights, must be a pain in the ass on a unit scale.
>>
File: GUO.gif (1.13 MB, 220x100)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB GIF
QUICKLY BROS I NEED YOUR HELP

is the loonboss on giant cave squig as bad as some people say? I'm fielding 2 units of 10 boingrots with jaws of mork in the Gitz army I'm still working on. he has an ability that lets nearby boingrots fight immediately after him.not sure if I should cop one since I'm making the long trip to my LGS tomorrow. cool model but my points are going to be tight with the other models I want to bring. It's not like James is going to nerf him what with him being absent in his own powerful sub-faction, right?

also, I want to start a nurgle mortals army with 10 blightkings. can any nurgle-bros give me the QRD on bringing a lord of plagues and lord of blight in the same list? Should i bring some pusgoyle blightlords instead?
>>
>>92598651
Video games are a natural dwelling for men uninterested in women
>>
>>92599190
You are overthinking it waaay too much, at least for nurgle. Just olay what you like, all the nurgle mortals are extremely good. The two foot lords are the weakest but still perfectly playable. You are not going to a world tournament tomorrow so just experiment and learn how to use each unit.
>>
It's just now occured to me that the Lumineth Aelementarii are based on mythological creatures instead of normal animals.
I feel a bif foolish.
>>
>>92599190
I don't think caring about unit rules right before a new edition is worth stressing about. If you like the models then buy the models, but rules are always going to change drastically with an edition change especially with what they've told us so far about subfactions changing
>>
>>92599190
4th ed is about to drop. We know NOTHING about what will be strong. Play what you like.
>>
File: 1712232650695277.jpg (67 KB, 311x308)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>92599251
Rules change but models are forev-
>>
>>92598236
>>Previously, in
Is the return of the comma ESL a part of GW's ongoing campaign of screwing the pooch in every conceivable way?
>>
>>92598708
Pleb, these models have more seniority than you do. They're older, smarter, and have scored more women than you.
>>
>>92599251
I'm just hoping the index armies aren't going to suck eggs except for a handful of frustrating one trick ponies, that require you playing a specific army to reliably counter
>>
File: consoomcollection.png (881 KB, 747x675)
881 KB
881 KB PNG
>>92599251
>>92599225
>>92599243
yeah, you're right. if anything it's more a reason to get what I like such as the loonboss on squig. Nurgle isn't strong to the point where it's an issue right? It's not a cancerous/unfun army like eldar wraithknight spam or 6 C'tans like in 40k?

My LGS is far away, they have really limited and erratic restocks, and my colleage said we can leav early tomorrow from work so I don't need to spend my weekend making the trip by train. i'm just gonna say fuck it and consoom...
>>
File: staticchoice.png (1.99 MB, 5558x1300)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB PNG
>that IRL ogor heywoah says 1k point games are a horrible unbalance meme that you shouldn't fall for
>"just play 2k games"

is he correct? I'm a no-games painter and I was wondering if 1k games are even thing in AoS
>>
>>92599378
1k games require an incredible amount of good faith between both players softballs their lists to keep the game playable at that point level.

He's not 100% right in that you should avoid them, but you should come to an understanding with your opponent about what kind of game you want to have.

A good rule of thumb to make 1k and less pts games more reasonable is: no single unit worth more than 30% of your total points
>>
File: 1599522073120.png (62 KB, 300x252)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
>>92599300
YOU'RE CRYING BAOUT GW REMOVING RULES YOU RETARD, THE MODELS YOU HAVE ARE STILL FUCKING THERE UNTIL MOLD EVOLVES TO EAT PLASTIC
>>
>>92598236
An orc dressed like a pig?
>>
>>92599378
You can play at 1k, but you need to play someone who will play in good faith. It’s really easy to take a big monster or elite infantry unit that can kinda solo a board at 1k
>>
>>92599378
I haven't played a lot of games but yeah 1k games are weird.
360+ points units are completely broken. Because of the low amount of units battle tactics felt harder to get, and you can't really have an unit running around freely while the others hold the enemy because of the low number, unless you use teleport because you can't really deny them.
It's still nice to learn the ropes but it feels really different than k games
>>
>>92598244
I would do good or brass for the chainmail just to break the colours up a bit in the torso, but otherwise very solid paint scheme. I always like seeing albinorks.
>>
File: bbora.png (87 KB, 859x377)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
>>92599417
Pigs are their only hobby outside of punching
>>
File: 1713216268830179.jpg (46 KB, 500x500)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>92598739
>>
How do you go about accepting GW purposedly stuffed too many models and heroes in Stormcast, then deleted half of them so you will have to buy all over again?
>>
>>92599456
Simple, I never bought sigmarines in the first place.
>>
>>92599444
*gold not good
>>
>>92599339
they look dumb. like someone wanted to make an OC fantasy race and just mad-libs'd all the details.

>it'll be a(n) (ADJECTIVE) "savage" (SPECIES) "lizard" with a (WEAPON) "club tail" who is also a (MAGICAL TRAIT) "cyclops" and lives in a (BIOME) "swamp"

nothing inherently wrong with that if you can make the concept work but these guys go way too far into the eclectic imo.
>>
>>92598288
Probably, they've become something of a cult classic army so all the zoomer fake grogs would've been creaming themselves over it.

>>92598538
I always thought it was unlikely but all the ads
were talking about an ancient evil coming from the fen and mire to kidnap people. Hardly a huge leap in logic to think they were making Fimir a thing.
>>
>>92599378
1k basically requires you to handicap yourself and is mainly just a way to play while you build up to a proper army. if this game required 0 prep time and 0 dollars to play it'd never even be considered.
>>
>>92599456
>a bunch of things are discontinued (no longer for sale)
>this forces you to buy that thing again, somehow
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: 528.jpg (888 KB, 4444x4264)
888 KB
888 KB JPG
Fimirfagging paired with a vandalised OP is a clear sign of a raid
>>
>>92599519
Ben, I know it’s hard, but just stop doing stuff like this.
>>
>>92599519
you could write "discord trannies" on a piece of paper and dangle it on a fishing rod and half the people on /tg would fall into hysteria
>>
>>92599519
This post >>92599545 actually confirms it's just the slaaneshi throoder
>>
File: ______ _______.png (157 KB, 960x590)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>>92599519
>>
>>92599506
I squat 30% of your amry so you will have to buy the new stuff to have a whole army again instead of using what you had from previous editions
>>
What's the most forgettable faction in AoS? Like the one you occasionally just go, oh yeah that is a thing that exists.
>>
File: chorfs.png (2.75 MB, 1919x819)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB PNG
I really hope we get Chorfs before Fall next year at the latest. Will GW call them Chaos dwarves, Chaos Duardin, or Dawi-Zharr? What will their initial release wave be? I'm no chorf expert so correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm betting:

>named/generic character general dual kit
>hashut high priest or warrior sorcerer
>bull centaurs
>tank or heavy artillery
>infernal guard/chorf warriors
>hobgoblin/greenskin chaff
>riflemen/blunderbusses

Future wave
>hobgoblin riders
>daemonsmith
>lammasu
>Fireborn elementals
>another tank/artillery

>>92599417
>>92598925
>>92598236
>>92598236
The pink schemes actually looks fine even for a gag model. The green works well with it. Looking like a piece of watermelon bubblegum.

I wouldn't mind painting some ironjawz characters for fun. The Megaboss is one of the best modern sculpts, but I can't think of anything that would look good. Black and silver are kind of boring and yelow would look like shit unironically unless you're a pro or really know how to handle such a color well. My best idea is contrast over a medium-grey metallic.

A FRIEND OF MINE has the wh+ megaboss coming in the mail from a Ruski recaster. HE is very excited to dip his toes in the water with that model when it arrives.
>>
>>92599668
idk
>>
File: ratlord.jpg (136 KB, 900x900)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>92599668
>the one you occasionally just go, oh yeah that is a thing that exists.

literally kharadron overlords for me, followed by daughter of khaine and sylvaneth
>>
>>92599668
None of the main ones. I find Fireslayers to be the most forgettable but only because no one plays them in my group
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (144 KB, 1280x720)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
Can any kind anon drop me the Tzeentch battletome? Please and thanks.
>>
>>92599678
Think harder then, I'm sure you can find one!
>>
File: S3oMwOhvHQAoePct.jpg (191 KB, 1000x620)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
Fluff piece. Personally I think it's a little bit of a missed opportunity to not make a nod to Chronicles of the Wanderer, but whatever. This is just padding.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/24/discover-what-makes-the-mortal-realms-awesome-through-four-first-class-novels/
>>
File: pof.png (237 KB, 788x677)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
>>92599713
>>
>>92599668
By GA
>Deepkin
>Soulblight
>Mawtribes
>All Monogod
>>
>>92599748
This artwork is dope.
>>
>>92599748
It's basically just "Here's one recent novel from each GA"
>>
>>92599668
OBR
>>92599678
Guess their raid was successful then
>>
>>92599752
Thank you!
>>
>>92599748
>>92599764
For anyone cosnidering Bad Loon Rising, just know that 40% (literally) of the book has nothing to do with gobbos at all, and is instead this lesbian love-drama with a really unlikable wizard and her unsatisfying story.

You could literally skip those parts of the book entirely and it'd probably be better for it. Huge bait and switch.

The gobbo parts are pretty good, not as good as Skarsnik I'd say, possibly a bit funnier though.
>>
>>92599778
I'll still give it a listen if I find the audiobook floating around.
>>
>>92599814
Totally, there are good parts in there, I'm just tempering people's expectations.
>>
>>92598373
Nothing too special going on, but I got a test model to see if I’d want LRL. I’ve mostly reconciled my differences with certain design aspects of the range except this one. It’s like they forgot people were going to handle these regularly in a game.
>>
>>92599831

Yeah those pikes are ridiculous, I had LRL for a while and broke at least one per game, they weren't the sole reason I sold the army but definitely contributed.
>>
File: image.png (113 KB, 685x395)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
>>92599850
I was considering removing the middle segment entirely, but I don’t want to seem like “that guy” and it would also introduce an easy breakage point. If I were to go through with if, the furthest point of the spear are represented by black lines in the edit.
>>
File: lorwynblock.jpg (47 KB, 375x500)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>92599764
this is why I picked gitz for my first army. they're the only fariy tale esque faction I could find besides maybe nurgle, which I'm also in the process of starting.

I actually wish they leaned even HARDER into the jim henson fraggle rock labrynth thing. I have a deep fascination with lorwyn and shadowmoor from eventide from MTG. I love the big spotted toadstools and hunced fairy tale creatures living in hovels and carryin crooked staves adorned with skulls and totems
>>
>>92599831
wtf is that real? i can't imagine transporting these
>>
File: 20231101_220047.jpg (1.18 MB, 3365x1594)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>92599889
Yeah they're fucking stupidly long
>>
File: file.png (2.04 MB, 1689x843)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB PNG
>>92598373
Warcry Kicks ass
>>
>>92599650
All of the new stuff we've seen in the trailer except one thing is 1st edition units. Also basically all stormcast units that were discontinued are on the same bases and have the same equipment as a unit that wasnt. Do you think space marine players were forced to rebuy their armies each of the half dozen times a new tactical squad and captain kit got made?

It's very obvious you don't play warhammer at all.
>>
>>92599748
i hope this is not the only AoS-news today.
>>
>>92599933
I do play warhammer, both 40k and Aos, since 40k sixth edition. Off course I will reuse my squatted units but you are insane. Not only I have lost a fuckton of scrolls (not getting new models and be able to use the old ones like you are suggesting with marines), but some models are down the fucking drain. Like what am I gonna do with my taurolon? Oh cool, now I have 15 retributors (probably killed) AND 15 evocators that can all be used as proxxy with incorrect weapons, that's so cool!

This situation is nothing like having your 12 years old marines getting a new kit.
>>
>>92599965
You are massively autistic.
>>
Do we know what Skaven units are getting a refresh yet?
>>
>>92599910
damn that's a nice color combo...
>>
>>92599911
Amazing work dude
>>
>>92599975
How so? I should tank them that my 6 years old models are now, at best, doubling as proxxy for miniatures that already have?
>>
>>92599976
Uh, clanrats, engineer and jezzails are the only confirmed ones.
No, we don’t have the new jezzails, but the engineer warscroll they showed directly references them, and they were on the pruning list
>>
>>92599977
I'm likely going to tweek if so the armor is silver with gold trim, while the robes and cloth remain red. Shields will probably stay as is.
>>
>>92599965
Tauralon? Congratulations, that’s /yourdudes/ using Ionus’s warscroll.
Retributors? Those are Grandhammer Annihilators. Evocators? Reclusians. Use your imagination a bit, man.
>>
>>92599975
>Dude you are autistic for wanting to play your miniatures as anything more than placeholders

Why are you even in this general?
>>
>>92600022
Yes man...but I have those minis. It's very nice to have 2 ionus I suppose, or 15 annihilators to add to my 6 for those nice games when you play 21 annihilators.

I am not say that you cannot proxxy them, but c'mon, don't pretend it wasn't a shit move.
>>
File: wikus_crying.gif (960 KB, 245x145)
960 KB
960 KB GIF
>>92599911
SOVL....
>>
>>92600039
Honestly? It’s a better move than what they’ve done with the Primaris transition. They’ve ripped the bandage off with this one compared to the slow burn of Primaris replacements. They could use another bandage rip with the Vanguard stuff and Dracoths, but I’m sure they can get to it next edition.
Hell, I feel like they had this one better planned than the Primaris swap, seems like they have a clear roster of what they want to cut/resculpt for SCE vs slightly redesigning an old unit or making random fuck off units that feel redundant or STILL aren’t widely available after years with Marines.
>>
>>92600054
You started seven years ago, newfag.
>>
>>92600026
>I am only capable of using miniatures for the exact role they were originally made to fulfill and any deviation from that is anathema to me.
Why are you?
>>
>>92600070
It is better then the primaris, but it is worse becouse those minus where still kinda fresh. I would had digested it waaay better if it was during 5th edition. I feel like 10 years is mandatory lifetime for a mainline miniature.
>>
>>92600081
schizo
>>
>>92600083
Dude, why are you completely ignoring what I say and just talk against your imagination?

My whole BoC army is going into a proxy StD army, barely any problem with that. They where old minis, I enjoyed them for a long time and I will continue to use them in a fresh way. This is simply not the case for the Stormcasts. Is it hard to grasp?
>>
We got news.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/24/heres-how-battlepacks-battleplans-and-the-generals-handbook-work-in-newaos/
>>
File: KZY0ozrWJUVr7qmw.jpg (96 KB, 600x710)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/24/heres-how-battlepacks-battleplans-and-the-generals-handbook-work-in-newaos/
>>
File: deepkin players.jpg (57 KB, 640x480)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>
>>92599976
only the ones that were leaked or spoiled by GW
but you can pretty much guess which are getting refreshed because GW will get tons of shit from angry rat-lovers if they dont.
>rat ogres
>ratling guns
>master moulder (who still comes in a fucking blister)
>plague monks
>gutter and night runners
>stormvermin (if not in a future wave)
>>
File: 1691814085673124.jpg (30 KB, 453x353)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>92600127
>>92600128
Just show us the fucking new rats already, James
>>
>>92600114
You were the first one to start arguing against your own imagination, I only responded in kind. As for the actual point, you seem to have no issue with proxying stuff from one army as another, but for some reason you seem hung up on proxying discontinued stuff from one army as other stuff from that same army. You are correct in that it is not the same, it is a far smaller leap.
>>
>>92600128
That is powerful as fuck, the general doesn't need to be a small model and the malus is applied even if he decides to attack the honor guard instead of the general.
>>
File: pegasus knights.jpg (536 KB, 1579x1075)
536 KB
536 KB JPG
>>92598373
Morb
>>
>>92599874
Yeah realizing this is what won me over to the Dankhold... which is still sitting in its box.
>>
>>92600181
luv me some good morbheg knights.
>>
>>92599998
>>92600149
thanks bros
>>
>>92600171
Maybe I am not being clear. The stuff that you could realistically proxy the discontinued miniatures for is stuff that already own. I don't have much problem woth sequitors since they are waaay cooler then liberators are thry mostly have the same equip, and evocators on mouth will be concussors with no problem. My taurolon will become a stardrake but he will need a fucking huge diorama, not happy with it since the two models have such different scales but ok. The rest I CAN proxy, but I am sure you can understand that having 30 miniatures that will proxy the same warscroll is lame as fuck.
Last response, you are as dense as a fucking troll
>>
am I retarded for wanting to run this path to glory list

Chieftain on fellsteed
Warqueen
Chaos sorcerer
10 x maruader
10 darkoath savagers
5x fellriders
Wilderfiend
5x chaos chosen mark of Khorne
>>
>>92600171
>Anon should just accept that your miniatures are on a 5/6 year rotation. Why are you so spoiled?
I hope they pay you at least
>>
>>92600223
I will absolutely start a PtG in 4th with an all darkoath army + a daemon prince
>>
>>92600195
They're a cool kit. I wish there was a little bit more pose variety on the bat creatures.
>>
whats the most retarded misconception/lie about AoS Lore you heard?
>>
>>92598236
> community loudly states its not a fan of battle tactics
> LETS DOUBLE DOWN ON BATTLE TACTICS AND INTEGRATE THEM IN EVERY LEVEL OF THE GAME
Jesus talk about tone deaf
>>
File: FUzx1Cb6tyoAOhym.jpg (125 KB, 700x1000)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>92600128
Mission-specific buffs for the player who's currently losing? Hmm.
>>
>>92598244
That's a bitching scheme anon.
Nice work
>>
>>92600272
I may say that this is mostly a tg thing. I have never found people talking bad about tactics in any store and I play all around Italy with different groups and tournaments
>>
>>92600272
I dont dislike the existence of them, just that some factions are "stronger" just for having easier to accomplish battle tactics. if they change that, Im fine with them.
>>
>>92600276
Pretty neat little buff.
>>
File: zksjGxh1KBbiBf9N.jpg (150 KB, 700x1000)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>92600276
I see they vary in potency though
>>
hoping BTs are GA locked so theres more parity for em
>>
>>92599378
They can work if both players self regulate, however the same could be said of anything.
I mean, 2k doesn't work if one person is playing hyper competitive and the other isn't (or even isn't 75% try harding).
If you are using 1k to just get the basics down (this is hiw I move models, this is how I roll to hit/wound, this us what it means to be controlling an objective) sure. Bit he is correct that the game is 'balanced' around 2k (jk it's not balanced at all anyway)
>>
File: laughing sluts 2.0.jpg (53 KB, 445x400)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>92600128
>karazai general
>enemies have -2 attacks
>>
>>92600314
>implying you can better or worsen any roll except armor rolls by more than +1 or -1
>>
Lumineth Ladies...
>>
>>92600288
i play over in germany and everyone i talk to locally thinks the battle tactics make the game unfun and drop them. Merely turnamnet only players use them from my expierience.
>>
>>92600331
No ability listed modifies a roll
>>
>>92600288
> Italy
So completely irrelevant this is an Anglo and American game.
>>92600291
It's not only their complete inability to balance them. It's that it 100% does get formulatic as fuck
> oh its XX season
> half the battle tactics are XX related
> my armies XX sucks, or only have one option that isnt shit
> forced to integrate XX into every list, have to ensure I can get at least 2 of the XX related tactics
It fucking sucks and morphs your play and even the units and points.
Prime example: OBR Deathriders. There is zero world where a 4+ sv, 3/4/1 or -/1 damage unit, with 3w, should EVER cost 200 fucking points. They cost that much because everyone took two. They took two because they had the only OBR battle tactic that wasn't absolute shit.
Meanwhile, on the cup overflowth, spectrum, we had DoK. Who had piss easy battle tactics, including one that just involved Khinerai just 'existing' to score, and they never saw a meaningful points raise.
It's fucking bullshit. Battle tactics are very poorly implemented. And we are suppose to have faith they won't fuck them up?
>>
>>92600181
What's up with all the huge gaps on all the new ghouls?
>>
>>92600370
>And we are suppose to have faith they won't fuck them up?

A new edition is coming out. Either you overdose on hopium or you become a doomerfag. There is no inbetween
>>
The 5th Edition Starter Box will be Lumineth (With the Fire Temple and Phoenix units) vs Hedonites of Slaanesh (Featjring new Daemons)
>>
>>92600331
based retard
>>
Why does undivided get all the toys? I wanna run a soul grinder and a demon prince (hahahahahaha) in my lists.
>>
>>92600444
>Selling fasts even worse than Dominion because lumineth fucking SUCK!
>>
>>92600128
"rules say I can choose who doesn't control things lmao even if your whole army is there" doesn't make for compelling wargaming. Dumb as shit desu
>>
>>92600499
Oh no, you'll actually have to think and not just mindlessly mash stuff forward
>>
>>92599748
I don't get how they haven't done an Ogre novel yet, they're a popular army and by far the most 'human' of the Destruction factinos so should be the easiest to write compelling stories for.
>>
Am I retarded? The article says that you will always make max 10 points per turn and 50 total, but the first mission they show of the general handbook, "Border War" adds up to 14 each turn
>>
>>92599674
They've been called chaos worshipping duardin, oathbreakers and the hobgrots "dark masters", so no real names so far.
Personally I don't think they will be called dawi-zharr just because Fyreslayers have a lot of the fire theme on lockdown.
>What will their initial release wave be?
The only thing I think we can be certain we'll see is a Bale Taurus because according Rob the honest wargamer there are 3D printing STL companies that recently have been getting cease and desist notices from GW to take down those models specifically.
Personally I really hate how hobgrots look in the KB range, so if we get more of those I hope they look more like a classic refresh than whatever they look like in KB.
I want heavy chorf infantry, train/tank style warmachines and slave units though.
>>
>>92600516
>Am I retarded?
Yeah, probably.
>>
>>92600512
Uhhh anon this reduces tactical gameplay as your opponent who you've skillfully outmaneuvered can just go "lmao NAH I magically delete your advantage".
>>
>>92600499
I don't see what is confusing, each missing is a different take on the game and you have ti olan around it. If you don't like it just play a generic no rule, 1 or 2 obj in the middle mission, or even no obj, and have fun. Games will be extremely boring if all missions where just "push your unit forward". Like in TOW
>>
>>92600529
If you can't hold more than one objective at once that's on you
>>
>>92600527
I can accept that but what am I missing?
>>
>>92600128
I don't like seasonal rules.
>>
>>92600495
You WILL buy Tyrion and his big Phoenix wings
>>
>>92600538
It was an extreme example, but even losing one objective when you hold more than one all in the name of comeback mechanics is shit design for a wargame.
Good wargames have comebacks emerge naturally from strategic movements and tactical gambles, not "lmao ZOOP ZAP your objective is GONE" tier rules.
>>
>>92600564
Oh I misunderstood you. Yeah, random come back mechanics are lame. I understand having malus on double turn, but that's it.
>>
>>92600533
You make rules and armies that can take advantage of over-extension and play around interactive objectives. The problem is objectives in AoS are really just flags your capture; they don't DO anything most of the time. A good system wouldn't need a crutch of "oh, you're losing? uhhhh just disable their objective lmao".
>>
File: LucasCoom.gif (1.32 MB, 276x232)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB GIF
>>92600524
>giant winged flaming bull
this pleases me....
>>
>>92600550
As I understand it they're designed to be dispensable so if you don't like them you will be able to easily ignore them.
>>
>>92600579
Yeah the malus on the double turn is fine since that is something randomly determined so giving a bonus to the other person is sensible. Punishing a player for doing well is always lame.
>>
>>92600516
I second this. Maybe 10 points is an hard cap by rules?
>>
So taking a double means losing 4 VP.
Seems you never do it now unless you really need to, and that the main general tactic of AoS will not be to take second and maybe double turn but instead take first and hope to force the opponent to double turn.
>>
>>92600639
For all the good changes so far this blog post was kinda fucked. Feel like that's gonna derail the whole game desu.
>>
>>92600127
>seasonal rules
I'm out
>>
>>92600663

Well if there's any silver lining it's that this is all just GHB, so if it is fucked then it'll only be for 1/3 of the game's life and not all of it.
>>
>>92600639
assuming you would score a tactic otherwise, yeah
we still dont know if you can score a tactic every round, maybe you can only do 3 max or something
>>
>>92600675
I don't get this. The point of having seasonal rules and not hard wired core rules is that you can just ignore them if you don't like them. Unless you only play in tournaments
>>
>>92600688
Yeah not the end of the world, but definitely taking the wind out of the sales similar to the BoC squatting.
>>
>>92600732
I just play at my lgs and pick up games don't deviate from the ghb
>>
>>92600732
This logic only works if you have PERFECT control of who you play and what rules they like. Which is not most people (who blindly follow GW stuff)
>>
Where is Nulahmia, as in is it desert, swamp, in between? I can't find anything on it really.
Of course it's on Shyish but that's not what I'm wondering
Seems like it'd be Babylon-esque but not sure
>>
Is the launch of 4th going to come with indexes for each faction?
>>
>>92600836
Yes free pdf indexes for everyone. Except beasts, who are dead
>>
>>92600836
so they say
>>
>good rules announced
>thread explodes
>shit battle tactics, underdog mechanics announced
>thread dead
>>
wait greywater fastness is under siege by Khorne fags? Tf did I miss I thought it was only green super poison magic Vietnam
>>
aaaaAAAAAAAAA GOD I HATE NMM BUT I NEED TO GIT GUD AIIIEEEEEEEE
>>
>>92600871
Vallejo metal color go brrrrrt
>>
>>92600829
Why do vampires all want to live in disgusting shitholes
Is that really what you want to look at for your eternal unlife
>>
>>92600893
It made sense in WHFB since they were outcasts and unable to support thier ruined infrastructure. In Age of Sigmar it's just an empty holdover what exists because "That's just how it's always been!"
>>
>>92600871
NMM is not required and only looks good on display pieces from certain angles
>>
>>92600871
What color are you doing anon? Also what sort of surface?
>>
>>92600843

Beasts, Bonesplitterz and sacrosanct get legal rules too, but will only be legal for the 1st GHB.
>>
>>92600893
It's funny because lorewise it's like the richest place in the Mortal Realms lmao
>Even her mortal subjects enjoyed lives of excess - wearing robes of silk, eating from plates of gold and drinking from sapphire cups. Even their deaths were it was said, "things of spectacle to be remembered and recorded."
But the image maybe represents the illusion which protects it? Idk
>>
>>92600529
If your "skillfull outmanoeuvring" can't take in account a comeback mechanic that you know in advance it wasn't that skillfull anon
>>
File: IMG-20240424-WA0020.jpg (100 KB, 720x1600)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>92600541
>>92600516
>>92600627
>>
>>92600922
The thing is that it's not even a huge hinderance. It's: unfavorable (they make no attempt to justify it's presence), unskilled (you just... get to do it cuz you lost), and hilariously enough, unimpactful.
There's nothing that justifies its existence other than assuage immature gamers who can't handle losing.
>>
File: Marrow Flesh WIP1.jpg (2.01 MB, 3221x4013)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
>>92598373
So the other day I saw a tutorial that really opened my eyes to how to properly blend. Something clicked, so I decided to try it out on this here ghoul and holy fuck. Im so fucking happy with how it turned out. Especially that face and those legs, god damn.
>>
>>92600944
>Unimpactful
>assuage immature gamers who can't handle losing.
These things are mutually exclusive. If a comeback mechanic is unimpactful it will only make a loss sting harder. "You benefitted from the comeback mechanic and you still lost?"
>>
>Sigmar has broken into your home and he's after your shiny things
How do you stop him?
>>
>>92600961
I hate that double bladed scythe so much. What a stupid design.
>>
>>92600961
Iron Maiden looking ass ghoul.
Looks great anon.
>>
File: 20210221_125537.jpg (180 KB, 491x791)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>92600893
take whatever you fancy:
>macabre structures attract shyish energies and undead like those a lot
>once you unlive so long you stop caring or noticing how everything else decays
>becoming an undead rewires your brain to enjoy it, reconnect to the first point
>nagash is a dick and ruined everything for everyone for so long that this state of disrepair has somewhat been internalised as a cultural tradition of sort
>undead servants don't make for good housemaids and living servants are too high maintenance for an undead overlord
>>
>>92600963
It makes them feel less of a sting while playing, which its intended to make them less likely to just concede since they have a mechanic. It's a coping mechanic for babies that works against deeper tactical and strategic design. A dumbing down for autistic children, if you will.
>>
>>92600971
It's not a double bladed scythe. It's a normal scythe with a bunch of bones dangling from it, one of which is similar enough to another blade to give the impression of a double scythe.
>>
>>92600989
If someone is going to concede turn 2 it's not 1d3 mortal wounds that will make him change idea.
>>
>>92600980
Thanks anon. I cant wait to finish the rest of him.

>>92600971
Double-bladed scythes are peak fiction design I will tollerate no slander.
>>
>>92601006
If it won't make a difference then why include it at all?
The ultimate bane of "IT DOESN'T MATTER" arguments.
>>
>>92601010
Double bladed swords are kino of the highest order, double scythes are just lame.
>>
File: 9GT3EL8wkflLrCFk.jpg (273 KB, 1000x702)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
What models are these?
>>
>>92601016
Here's an awesome rule of thumb for the future:
Any time you feel that you've got some big "gotcha!" stinger, automatically assume it's actually fucking retarded and completely fallacious and not worth saying.
>>
>>92601027
Bullgors
>>
>>92601027
Ogroid Theriodons and River trolls
>>
>>92601027
Gnarloaks
>>
>>92601027
ogroid theridons and fellwater troggoths/swamp trolls
>>
>>92601016
The meaning of a comeback mechanic is to facilitate comebacks. You know, like what the name is saying. To create a more back and forth instead of one guy getting the lead and keeping it the entire game. If the mechanic is not impactful then it's a design failure because at that point yes, there is no reason to include it at all.

The claim that it's just a placebo to stop autists from conceding early is retarded.
>>
>>92601027
These guys could have (and should have) been undivided daemons.
>>
Is there an army where the vanguard or spearhead box isn't a good starting point? I would like to give AoS a try, but I am not sure which army I will pick yet.
>>
>>92601120
Orruk Warclans Vanguard is just collection of all the unplayable heroes.
>>
>>92601036
1: What I posted was not a fallacy
2: the anger in your post just shows how much I dunked on ya
>>92601083
Problem is that comeback mechanics are either so impactful they make trying to take advantage in the first place pointless or so meaningless they might as well not exist. There's a reason real games like Chess don't use comeback mechanics.
>>
File: IMG_1911.jpg (1.17 MB, 4032x3024)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>92598373
another day, another ghoul. this ones probably my favourite so far, did the eyes a little different.
>>
>>92601169
>the anger in your post just shows how much I dunked on ya
That anon wasn't even the guy you were arguing with, which is me

>There's a reason real games like Chess don't use comeback mechanics.
Chess use sudden death mechanic anon. The situation is not even comparable and the fact that you are doing that says a lot
>>
>>92601169
>1: What I posted was not a fallacy

>This rule exist for this retarded reason
>No it doesn't, in fact it does nothing for that
>If it does nothing for the retarded reason I made up then why having it at all
Yes, it's not a specific fallacy, it's just a retarded argument.
>>
>>92601268
>Chess use sudden death mechanic anon.
No, Chess is like wargames in that your advantage generally increases as more pieces are removed, increasing the likelihood of ultimate loss.
>>92601281
>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
you lol
>>
>>92599378
just make sure to not include 300 points monster-characters, and itll be fine, especially for newer players
>>
Anybody got the warscroll for the new LRL unit?
>>
>>92601290
You don't even know what a sudden death mechanic is, do you?
>>
>>92601027
>newfags don't even remember Ogroid Squad
>>
>>92601307
It always annoyed me that instead of "ogroid" he misspelled it "ogoroid"
>>
>>92601306
Oh, I thought you were referring to checkmate. Time controls aren't a comeback mechanic, so I am not sure what you're going for. Grasping for straws, eh?
>>
File: IMG_9793.jpg (813 KB, 1170x2127)
813 KB
813 KB JPG
>>92601300
It’s in the app. They’re kinda squishy harassers with light killing power and a fuckton of movement.
130 pts
10” 2/3+/4+/-/1 darts
1” 2/3+/4+/-1/1 blades
Add 1 attack to Seneschals weapons.
And it can do pic related.
>>
>>92601335
I am referring to checkmate. Holy shit anon you are hilarious
>>
>>92599378

I once had most of my OBR army taken out turn 1 by Ironjawz in a 1000pt game.
Then one unit of Necropolis stalkers and a hero took out the entire Ironjawz army over the rest of the game.

1000pts is often nonsense but it is fun.
>>
>>92601325
Funny thing is that we eventually found out the real name of their race: Goroa
so -goroids might be more accurate than -groids
>>
>>92601339
Not him but is there any way to tell if the whole unit gets darts or only the Seneshal if equipped with them? Since darts are technically a separate piece of gear.
>>
How would you save age of sigmar? Make a trailer with an ugly asian woman in it?
>>
>>92600639
>and hope to force the opponent to double turn.
If forcing your opponent to take a double turn actually remove their ability to get a tactic it will feel even worse than currently.
Imagine you're on the losing end and your opp just decides to steal 4 points from you just because of a single roll
>>
>>92601361
It doesn’t actually say who’s armed with what. I was thinking the same thing.
>>
>>92601342
Checkmate isn't referred to as a sudden death mechanic (google it) and checkmate is not a comeback mechanic. Your ability to cause checkmate is reduced and your ability to be checked is drastically increased as your pieces are removed.
I don't think you understand what a comeback mechanic is kek
>>
>>92601169
>1: What I posted was not a fallacy
It was a strawman because that poster didn't actually say "it doesn't matter"
>>
>>92601371
But muh heckin' competitive players begged for it to stay! That means its GOOD, DUH
>>92601382
That doesn't make it a fallacy (and claiming he the poster needs to explicitly say that to make it mean that just reveals your own poor reading comprehension).
>>
>>92601367
I would have had ideas before, but i just want GW to burn now.
After the squatting of BoC and fatcast, and then the femstode shit, GW needs to get bought out by someone else and replace the CEO, and the only way that is going to happen is if they stop making money.
>>
>>92601371

I don't mean literally forcing, rather putting them in a position where they feel they have to.
>>
>>92601371
It doesn't work like that. We know that you can't score a battle tactic only if you are the one choosing to get the double turn.
>>
>>92601354
>Funny thing is that we eventually found out the real name of their race
When?
>>
>>92601394
>But muh heckin' competitive players begged for it to stay! That means its GOOD, DUH
See >>92601403 and >>92601403
That's enough L's for today anon
>>
>>92601405
Dunno, it just happened, maybe the last STD book?
>>
>>92601403
Oh cool, I wasn't sure.
if that's the case then it's a good fix to the double-turn.
>>
>>92601379
I am not the one that said that the goal of a comeback mechanic is to stop people from conceding when the other is ahead by giving them a fake chance to win.
>>
>>92601422
Okay...?
Nobody said you were arguing that
I think you're one of those people who just argues to argues... not healthy anon
>>
>>92601394
>That doesn't make it a fallacy
Yes, sir, making up your opponent's argument and then owning that epic-style is the exemplar of a fallacious argument.
>>
>>92601445
I think you need to refollow that course of the conversation because that's... not what happened.
>>
>>92601394
loving the irony here of denying committing fallacies whilst literally doing the "typed-out strawman voice" thing
>>
>>92601460
>>92601016
>>92601382

The poster never said "it doesn't matter". Ergo, claiming that the poster said "it doesn't matter" and then shooting a snappy little "gotcha" comeback in response to that is a strawman argument.
>>
>>92601464
>>92601475
"If I use those big words I saw on the wikipedia article, it means I win!"
Fittingly enough, the exact kind of player comeback mechanics were designed for
>>
File: FAjrOFPXEAc5M28.jpg (33 KB, 446x357)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>92601504
>>
>>92601151
>>92601120
Stormcast one's in a similar boat to the Orc one, though with Bonesplitterz gone I wouldn't be surprised if next edition they split up Orruk Warclans completely.
>>
>>92600893
Most of them are monsters Anon in fact on average
>>
>>92600829
There’s like 2 novels set there I think
>>
>>92600128
I don't knows how I feel about the Underdog mechanic. Some of them come off as too strong in such a way that the player in the lead is just being punished for doing well (assuming they're not playing an OP army). I feel as though there should be a more specific triggering mechanism for it than one player just having less points, more like 30% to 50% less points or something along those lines. Both so that the winning player isn't handicapped for making good plays, and so that the "Underdog" status doesn't constantly flip-flop between the players.
>>
Why are battle tactics even still in the game, they're a fucking terrible mechanic.
>>
>>92602452
agreed, they are awful to play with or against.
>>
>>92602452
Maybe they'll have changed for the better, article should be Friday yeah?
>>
>>92602452
i think i would like them more if they were like grand strategies. picked ahead of time during list construction and set in stone, maybe you pick 3 and you have all game to try to achieve them, but your opponent also knows them far in advance and can attempt to counter.

or, alternatively, the battle tactic should be rolled/drawn randomly at the start of each battle round and scorable by both players, with no army specific battle tactics.

but yeah as they are it sucks
>>
File: Kragnos.png (360 KB, 800x700)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
Who would win, Chadnos or King Brodd? And why haven't they fought yet?
>>
File: 1633506060414.jpg (37 KB, 400x400)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>92602602
>Destruction
jej
>>
What realms have the most kino colour schemes and why is it Chamon and Ulgu? It's possible to paint any army as chamon army and it will look stylish. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>92602724
>Chamon
Vince ruined it for me
>>
>>92602729
Anon. His army is from Aqshy.
>>
>>92602738
The meme at this point is chamon = 40k models and I can't unsee it
>>
>>92602347
It's already in battle plans in 3e literally right now. They just don't give it a name, hell loser blows up 2 objectives a turn in one case.
>>
>>92602768
Thats just retarded
>>
File: ehh.png (136 KB, 619x396)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>>92602788
it is what it is
>>
>>92602729
You need to get over it, it’s been years.
>>
Ahem
FUCK painting metal
That is all
>>
>>92602602
in an outright warscroll vs warscroll? i'd give it to kragnos any day of the week

brodd swinging into kragnos deals an average of 5.27 damage to kragnos. kragnos swinging into brodd does an average of 20.7 damage

that doesnt factor in charge abilities or other actions, but kragnos has brodd severely beat there in terms of output as well, and kragnos is able to pull off long charges so he's likely to be the one getting the charge off, and on a charge against a monster if kragnos is even averagely lucky he'll deal somwhere around 10-15 mortal wounds to brodd on the charge.

so yeah, by game stats its not really close at all
>>
>>92602768
>Custodes
>Mechanicus
>Grey Knights
>Iron Warriors
>Necrons
A-anon... what you did to me? Tyranids, Chaos and Orks are luckily safe of this Chamon blight.
>>
>>92602779
>hell loser blows up 2 objectives a turn in one case.

What? Unless I missed something, the benefits for the underdog we have seen are
>+1 to hit if charging the objective in the enemy territory
>d3 MWs on units on an objective once a round
>One objective can't be controlled for 1 round (but it's on the basic missions)
>>
does albinism hold a special significance to lizardmen? i see a lot of people painting their lizardmen heroes or squad leaders albino. wondering if there's a lore reason for it or if its just to make them stand out
>>
>>92602880
Used to be the mark of the old ones back in fantasy
>>
>>92602880
There is a WHFB Saurus character called Gor Rok that has albinism as its characteristic. From what lore I can remember Lizardmen value distinctive signs like that because they see it as being marked for something
>>
>>92600961
Could you share the vid? You did well
>>
File: chamon_mirrodin.jpg (271 KB, 820x446)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>92602768
i dont really get that. i always thought chamon was more like a mirrodin vibe than 40k
>>
>>92602869
Reading comprehension, in the current season in 3e battle plan 2 (nexus collapse) it literally lets the underdog (player with less vp) blow up to 2 objectives every turn starting on 2. I would argue the new underdog mechanic is significantly toned down compared to shit like that in the current season being played.
>>
>>92602907
They were called sacred spawnings and they had various effects in the game.
Tepok was coloured purple and it gave the unit magic resistance.
Albino ones were for characters only and I can't remember what it did.
>>
>>92602830
Damn, Kraggy doesn't like other big things huh
>>
>>92602981
Could make for a nice path to glory mechanic
>>
>>92602938
Chamon is irrelevant and hardly defined but that's why everyone latches onto it spurring invention and excusing scifi bits
>>
>>92602981
so presumably something i should save for like a carnosaur rider level character?
>>
>>92602993
You mean the sacred spawning mechanic in the path to glory section of the 3e seraphon battletome available now?

Because yeah, it's pretty cool.
>>
>>92603041
ion play lizards, had no idea that was a thing, good for you tho.
Im afraid of what they might do to PTG in 4th
>>
>>92602991
he specializes in fighting big things but even without that, his raw weapon damage profiles are eye watering. bear in mind all of this numbers were without things like all out attack, so it could go even higher. and the 2+/6+++ makes him shockingly tanky and he's functionally immune to spells. nevermind that he also has multiple sources of splash damage mortal wounds for dealing with crowds

dudes no joke on the field
>>
File: 1705343850288207.jpg (559 KB, 1080x1174)
559 KB
559 KB JPG
>>92599748
God Eater's Son is hands down the best of the four novels. Bad Loon Rising has two really badly written antagonist lesbians. Just awful writing. God Eater's Son has a Khornate waifu.
>>
>>92603017
>that image
I dun get it
>>
>>92603086
I don't really like Andy Clark's stuff either but is it worth reading the new Blacktalon book by him?
I liked the previous stuff about her team but I'm not sure if it's worth checking out his book on her.
>>
>>92603151
He didn't write the new Blacktalon book.
>>
>>92603067
He's gotta be in the running for most powerful character. If only he wasn't so expensive.
>>
>>92603086
Agree on Bad Loon, what a bait and switch. I enjoyed the goblin bits well enough, but who the hell greenlit the lesbian drama and its ending, jesus.

Haven't read the others (Drekki Flynt and Prince Maesa are great), you say God Eater's Son is the best of them - but is it good?
>>
>>92603151
I've read 3 now, Gloomspite which was different than I thought, Bad Loon Rising, and Shroud of Night, which was by far the best.
>>
>>92603175
Did I get the order mixed up? I meant this one.
I think the new one is by Liane Merciel which I haven't read yet either. I liked her part in Covens of Blood though so I think that one will be a fun read at the very least.
>>
>>92602938
I mean yeh...
Chamon is Mirrodin, Shyish is Inistrad, Ghur is Zendikar, Hysh is Bant, Aqshy is Dominaria, Ulgu is Shadowmoor, Ghyran is the Horizon Conopy place and Azyr is Ravnica
>>
>>92603197
Thats something weird about all greenskin books, in 40k too, they just have to shoehorn some imperials or eldar noone gives a shit about, only one where it works is Red Gobbos Demise, where the second charaters are a band of traitor guardsman, who arent that different from goblins
>>
>>92602518
If you're picking one from a list eah turn and scoring 4 VP for it (which is the case) its going to cause the exact same stoppage of play each turn (in casual play) or extremely formulaic list building and action planning (in competitive play).

The only way I can think that it might be improved given the description is if you're not actually able to attempt one every battle round. At least then you'd spend some of the game playing the actual scenario instead of performing circus tricks to score points from the judges.
>>
>>92602933
Sure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1F1DwAMnyo

Enjoy anon.
>>
>>92603327
What the hell is this guy? Is this a superpower only the Spanish have or something?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1FlUApYPsc&t=32s&ab_channel=FlameonMiniatures
>>
>read godeater's son
This nigga kills a shitload of women God damn.
>>
>express disdain for how the new warlock engineer isn't a wizard
>get drowned in retards trying to teach me trivia I already know about how in Fantasy WEs had to buy the ability to cast spells, as if that has any bearing on AoS rules that don't feature purchasable upgrades
Am I being unreasonable here for being upset that my models can't do the things they could do before, and now are pigeonholed into a role that I do not desire to use them for?
>>
>>92603365
but are they ugly?
>>
>>92603285
I guess GW really likes if it their books feature several factions. However, this one just made me hate humans in the universe.
>>
>>92603367
Yes it is unreasonable, because we don't actually know how units will behave in the context of their army or the game in general at this point. It's entirely possible that by the time it has passed through army rules and enhancements and reaches the table that a warlock engineer will end up being a wizard, we just don't know.

If that's not the case when the game is actually playable then by all means send games workshop angry social media messages about it.
>>
File: Insane nmm.jpg (205 KB, 1724x2156)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>92603357
Yeah hes pretty fucking insane. have you seen his gold dante? Hes STILL working on it apparently. Pic related.
>>
>>92603483
But... by that same logic, it would also be unreasonable to look at this rules sheet and say that it looks good.
>>
>>92600639
Good.
>>
>>92603151
Aint red Blacktalon but id give Bad Loon Rising 7/10. As in a B-. The lesbian witches cocked it up bad, terrible writing. But the gob bits are great.
>>
>>92603561
I just had a quick scroll through his stuff and I honestly can't get over it. I mean I get that this is probably his 'job' but I could spend every waking hour practicing and not get this good.
The man is otherworldly.
>>
>>92603601
Ok thanks I'll give it a go then, nothing to lose but about 8 hours of reading I guess. I even liked the Blacktalon WH+ show but it's mostly saved by the acting like all GW audio stuff. Shame it's behind a paywall (for those who don't torrent) because those shows would sell models more than they make from the sub service.
>>
Tried to combine enamel oils and technical paints on metal while doing regular acryl on the rest
Not sure how I feel about it though, would you guys say the transition of colors is good on the ethereal at least?
>>
>>92598254
looking at his stuff makes me somewhat mad at times. it should be illegal to be this fucking good at something.
>>
>>92603621
The colours are nice and the blending isn't particulary sharp. What is utterly unforgivable is all the lumps
>>
>>92603621
The best part is indeed the ethereal effect and I just watched Scooby Doo so I would know.
>>
>>92603691
He's been an art student all his life apparently and mostly did fine art so I guess it translates well into any medium once you're good at it.
>>
>>92603197
I think so yes. It is not high literatire but it does something unique in that you get to see the effects of colonisation on the MC's people and very justifiable reasons why they'd be driven to Chaos. The only thing which brings it down is the author uses a bit too much jargon/setting unique terminology in the first 1/4. But its spectacular once it gets over that hump. Stormcast are evil pricks too.
>>
>>92603716
always reminded me more of this than scooby doo

https://youtu.be/b756FPiLlp8?si=UvB77KImnttMWung&t=99
>>
>>92603800
Man
I wish I spent years learning to draw and paint 2d instead of painting miniatures
>>
>>92603817
Looking at Black Library's recent efforts, how gay is it?
>>
>paint while depressed
>don't perform well and get depressed even more
>take a break from painting only to get more depressed knowing I'm missing out practice
Life truly is perpetual suffering
>>
>>92604003
Dont sweat it fren, whatever you produce will be good enough. It's the journey, not the destination.
>>
>>92604003
at least you've realized the culprit is depression
>>
>>92599778
I finished the book, I felt the same at the start but the wizards story gets better as you see them start to crumble and fail
>>
I know some of yall are hoping to pick up maggotkin, do yourself a favor and paint it without the legs first. I feel like swallowing a oceans worth of cyanide rn.
>>
>>92603817
IIRC the author did a tour to Afghanistan and that became part of the inspiration for the tribes of Bodshe and the government of Candip.
>>
>>92604260
Paint up the pusgoyle lords without the flys legs first*

Im tired.
>>
>>92604156
Personally I liked seeing some urban life in Ulgu.
>>
>>92604156
My problem is the main culprit (you know who) never gets a single shred of comeuppance. It's almost as if that character is forgiven for all of their shit, and that's just unsatisfying storytelling.
>>
File: rafal-gorniak-skaven-arts.jpg (373 KB, 1920x1870)
373 KB
373 KB JPG
You think when 4th hits that they might do a book from the Skaven perspective? Would be a good time to build up their fluff.
>>
File: asdasd.jpg (44 KB, 298x321)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
anyone else notice these fuckers have nagash symbols instead of sigmar ones on them
>>
>>92604603
That’s sigmar’s beard it’s his death/destroyer aspect presumably. Probably a callback to when he was a raging retard barbarian

As much as Nasgash likes to cry about it he’s not Death
>>
>>92604458
If you're referring to the battlemage she gets killed by her best friend after rightfully trying to stop her messing with a godbeast and if you're referring to the head mage she gets memed into killing her best friend, possessed by said godbeast, and then corrupted by the bad moon, which is a fate worse than death. It was a pretty shit end for the both of them
>>
>>92599778
My biggest gripe is that the two stories are wholly disconnected so it’s not like Zograt has a personal interest in beating the wizard lesbians. As it stands the one that goes full daemon mode ends up looking like some random monster squatting inside his destined mountain hold that he’s been trying to conquer. Then the dumb bitch that got mindfucked and taken over gets a free pass to get her soul whisked off to the afterlife by her girlfriend she murdered. Total cop out bullshit

Still all the Zograt bits were great and it was fun seeing this runty Git learn how to be a leader while browbeating an entire Gloomspite army into line. Even if you skipped literally every chapter that skipped focus from the Gitz it would still be an enjoyable story
>>
>>92604655
> her soul whisked off to the afterlife by her girlfriend she murdered

It mentioned that she and the godbeast were fighting for control of the body, and that after she had that vision, the godbeast had full control. I don't believe her soul actually went anywhere, because there was no way for it to just leave. She mindmelded with the beast who wasn't killed, just corrupted by the bad moon. Her seeing her friend was 99% likely just more mindfucking by the beast to placate her so it could take full control of the body. It even mentions taking full control in that scene.
>>
>>92604317
Harrowdeep has some good (if relatively short) urban Ulgu action - Misthavn specifically
>>
>>92604653
The head mage - she melds with the shadow-thing, realizes her mistake, and is then forgiven by the ghost of her ex-girlfriend, as far as I remember it, even feeling relief at the end. She shouldve been punished, not ghost-stroll into the afterlife.

>>92604655
Agree completely, that's why I mentioned you could actually skip those parts completely. Just bad bad storytelling.

>>92604721
In either case, she feels relief/at peace as if she was forgiven at the end
>>
File: 1598867209743.jpg (120 KB, 640x863)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
Little help here. There is a story about Chaos Warriors, I think it's actually WHF. It's a simple story that begins with this warrior walking into a region corrupted by chaos and he mutates without knowing, at the end of the first chapter he is already concelead in his armor, has killed most if not all his companions and hears voices. The first chapter was for free in some website but I never found a PDF of the whole story, I think it was part of some collection. Does anyone knows what I'm talking about?
>>
>>92604852
Laughter of Dark Gods by William King? It's in the 1st whfb short collection, Ignorant Armies
>>
>>92604579
AoS books are few and far between and non-human perspective books rarer still. So I'd say that's very unlikely. A short story or two at best.
>>
>>92604887
Yeap, that's the one. I actually have it, but since I didn't knew the name it was lost among a shit ton of other things. Many thanks.
>>
>>92604579
David Guymer's unlamented archpustulent and nefarious antipustulant shorts are both excellent, just too short!
>>
>>92604917
it's a great short, I think about it a lot. The Star Boat, which is also in ignorant armies, is fucking unhinged and I strongly recommend it as well
>>
>>92604935
do you have links to these
>>
>>92605099
they're both in Inferno: Age of Sigmar collection

https://gofile.io/d/C6W682
>>
I put in my two weeks notice at work, do you guys prefer Stormhost Master Valrack or Lored Master of Sigmar for my new YouTube empire where I spread misinformation to secondaries
>>
>>92605244
Could you please not?
>>
File: masha-kuravcova-9.jpg (388 KB, 1920x1999)
388 KB
388 KB JPG
>>92605127
nta, but thanks-praise
>>
Now that the Ikea Detolf is discontinued, what's a good alternative? At a glance the Blaliden is smaller with thick borders obstructing the view, and the Milsbo has the same issue including the doors and curved legs, but maybe they're better in person idk.
>>
>>92605818
Wow, crazy they discontinued it.
There is this you could do with the Rudsta.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9lrGQZ4K3k
Otherwise Blaliden looks like the next best choice. They could also be "redesigning" the Detolf with slight tweaks to make production cheaper. They redesigned the chair I'm currently using, the Millberget, but I managed to find an old model I'm more fond of because the new one felt like it was tilted forward and got annoying to sit in very quickly.
>>
>>92605818
what does this mean
>>
>>92605818
there's dozens of knockoffs on amazon
>>
Finally got some black guard on their way to me after what feels like years of trying. Are there any "dark elf" looking tridents that anyone happens to know of for 3d prints or 3rd party?
>>
File: Glass display.jpg (186 KB, 971x2238)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>92605920
Display cabinets brother.
>>92605900
Thanks friend thats a decent option. Hopefully thats the case, I'm salty I put this off too long and missed my chance lol.
>>92605947
Most seem overpriced and cheaper quality but I'm considering it.
>>
>>92605981
Just in time for their squatting
>>
>>92605818
The rudsta is better anyway
>>
>>92605244
AssFucker of Slop
>>
>>92600609
Battle tactics are integrated into the sole disadvantage of the double turn and are even worked into the 4 'basic bitch' core scenarios. You literally can't 'turn them off'
>>
>>92602532
The article literally said each turn scores up to 10 points for every mission.
We have seen the VPs for Battle tactics. It's always 4 VP.
So you need to score 5 a game.
It's exactly the same. So we are already off on a bad foot.
If they are giving individual army BTs, it's fucked (they can't balance).
If it's seasonal, it's fucked. They WILL be focused on Season's XX thing. So if your army doesn't have XXX thing you are fucked- it's an auto include. And we already know it's NOT just seasonal. Because Battle tactics are even in the core 4 scenarios
>>
Right fuckheads, this is how you link a new thread

>>92606816

>>92606816

>>92606816
>>
>>92606022
I need to get a display case for real. Any good cheap options around?
>>
>>92599365
speaking of cancerous/unfun armies to play in AOS, does anyone have any good examples?(assuming you guys actually play?)

I played against 120 zombies earlier in the season on the mission towers in the tundra (60 zombies just walk onto each of the 2 objectives and win) while teleporting blizzard heroes and grave guard 3 inch summon just rape everything.
Death recursion where they bring back entire units is very annoying.
I wouldn't call it cancer but I think a lot of the castle playstyles are pretty unfun. Alarielle surrounded by 60 dryads and all the strike and fade 500 damage instakill faggotry (muh "screens" tho kys go back to 40k this is fantasy) Karazai/Krondys + 3-6 praetors with a 5+ ward and pretty much always with +3-4 to their base save can be fucking ridiculous along with that nigger COS priestess who nukes everything on the board.
Too many factions play like castles right now.
I won't play shooting KO if I can choose it, I want to play age of sigmar, not 40k.
Tzeentch can be aids where hero phases literally take 30 minutes and BOC null deploy and then movement phase where the entire board comes in can also take like 30+ minutes lol.
:)
>>
>>92599378
Yes, I don't know why people are allergic to playing the actual game (2000pts, current GHB).
Too many people around me exclusively play 500-750pt games, its mind blowing why they don't want to play the real game?
AOS has one sized board and its absolutely awful for 1000pts. The game is built to play at 2000pts, this is evidenced in tons of the battle tactics (you cant afford to have 3 units doing nothing to score surround and destroy at 1000pts), plenty of the grand strats, and plenty of other faction rules that require you to have heroes to do shit but you might only have 1-2 at 1000pts.
>>
>>92606843
Most people use an Ikea display.
Try the Blaliden if you have a smaller collection.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.