[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1639158260_55mx2jcw7c.jpg (42 KB, 600x871)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
Question on gym etiquette:
This has never happened to me in my 30 years of lifting but for some reason it’s happened to me twice in the last 2 months.
I go to the gym after work during rush hour. I’ll be doing some exercise on an adjustable bench that I don’t necessarily need but it was available at the time so I took it. I’ll be working out minding my own business and some dyel fag will get my attention in the corner of my eye. They ask me how many sets I have left and when they find out it’s more than 1 they’ll ask me if I’ll move benches to a non adjustable one.
This bothers me for 2 reasons:
1. I don’t find it to be acceptable behaviour. I wouldn’t go bother someone when they are in their zone. A new bench is freed up every couple of minutes. They can wait their turn like literally everyone else. In fact the first time it happened, I did move, and one was freed up literally as I was moving my weights to the other bench(I don’t move for anyone anymore after that).
2. It makes me feel submissive and beta infront of other gym goers.
Am I the asshole? I feel like point number 1 is the most important. It’s a public gym during rush hour. Just have an ounce of fucking patience and wait 3 minutes for a bench to be free. They’re always fuckjng dyels too. Your faggy newb routine isn’t my priority, leave me to work out in peace.
I’d like to hear what others perspectives are on this? Has it happened to you? I find it weird that it’s happened twice now.
Lust provoking image for maximum engagement.
>>
>>74126105
>on an adjustable bench that I don’t necessarily need
>Am I the asshole?
you remind me of the obese black women that put their shit on an adjustable bench just to keep it off the ground while they do goblet squats and then hold it for 30 minutes on some full body retard superset
but yeah you're the asshole, adjustable benches are a hot commodity in a cheap gym, if you don't need it, don't use it
also, because I'm autistic and a data analyst that records everything I do in a gym, at my gym at least, my average wait time for an adjustable bench is about 6 minutes IF I have to wait (I removed the 0 wait outliers)
and often times theres nothing else for me to do because I need the adjustable bench for a heavy movement like shoulder press or incline bench (and thus don't want to do accessories yet)

however none of this matters, what matters is your bod, if you mog its based, if you don't mog you're a faggot
>>
if you're doing flat bench on an adjustable when there's flat benches available, then yeah, you're the asshole (assuming the flat benches don't suck balls)
>>
>>74126105
it certainly is possible however it typically frowned upon. I frankly don't give a shit, but don't expect me to come to your aid when some faggot pesters you, didn't read a word btw.
>>
>>74124890
I love this board
>>
>>74126182
FUCK
I only go on this board on a day that workout (did pull today)
I've been had
>>
>>74126105
God I hate women (whores) so goddamn much

Didn't read all your gay fucking text OP kys
>>
>>74126105
Did not read, make a green text.

Also sauce?
>>
>>74124890
just copy pasting threads i see
>>
>>74126105
wow
>>
>>74126105
>could you move to a non adjustable bench?
>no
next thread
>>
>>74126105
It takes 5 seconds to move over a bench and help out a gymbro he's not your enemy he's not your competition he just wants to lift some weights it's not that deep. It's not the act that makes it submissive and beta it's the mentally behind it. You being worried about it being submissive and beta makes you submissive and beta. But that's just my perspective.
>>
>>74126105
wow
>>
>>74126182
>>74126357
Is there a specific reason that the jannies allow this entire board to be dominated by coombait and thinly-veiled off-topic dogshit?
>>
>>74126105
How the hell is her body so built for sex?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.