[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: mind.jpg (144 KB, 1280x720)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
Why am “I” the only person that seems to exist, and is the one doing the experiencing right now? There are lots of people born before me, at the same time as me, and after me. Why is my consciousness the one in focus, and not anyone else’s? How can I make this body a background character and transfer the “focus” to another person so that “I” am no longer me but them?
>>
>>37837546
the lemurian cries out as they strike you
>>
>>37837546
All consciousness is always "in focus." The idea you are reaching for is simply that your body cannot receive information from other bodies.
>>
>>37837547
landian hands clawed at this post
>>
File: onewithall.jpg (28 KB, 662x307)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>37837546
>>
>>37837546
Schizophrenia is not what you think it is.
Everyone is “schizophrenic”, most of you just haven’t learned how yet.

There are at least two consciousnesses in your body. Just like left brain right brain, one consciousness learns to hold the spotlight (conscious), the other learns to run the controls (subconscious). They are both capable of learning to hold the spotlight, for some people they don’t think enough inside their mind (internal thought) because they think too much outside their mind (speaking). They are not the same “you” but they are both “you” at the same time. There is a two way mirror within you, share the light between the two sides and you get multiple personalities.
>>
>>37837578
Imagine reading a book. In that book each detail of your life is played through as you read it inside your mind. What you think, what you do, feel, experience etc, all at once. That is “YOUR consciousness”.

Now imagine a bigger book, but with everyone’s life is playing through simultaneously. That is the “ONE consciousness”.

We are like sub-chapters of the Big Book, too dumb to understand/experience anything going on outside each of our individual stories.

God/Reality is capable of running the whole show simultaneously..
>>
>>37837546
Because "Amness" is all there is. There is no "third-person reality". Just a single "I" that has dissociated itself into an apparent multiplicity.

Enlighten yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e6fRVQ0UcM
>>
>>37838223
There is a word for it in crystalography can’t think of it at the moment. No matter how many times you split a crystal, it is still the same crystal.
>>
>>37837546
>How can I make this body a background character and transfer the “focus” to another person so that “I” am no longer me but them?

dont worry, you are already doing that.
once your lifespan is over, you will reincarnate as someone else contemporary today, born like 20-30 years ago and live through their life.

there is only 1 person (God), who is masquerading as this multiplicity, doing an absolutely perfect job at it!

its all you. always has been. you live in eternal solitude and this is your cope! the hindus call it lila, trying to cover it up.
>>
>>37839531
What makes me locked in to my body? No matter what I do to my mind I’ll always wake up in this body.
>>
>>37837546
You can probably start by pulling you head out of your ass and take your antipsychotics.
>>
>>37840563
“Take your meds sweaty”
>>
>>37841195
If you’re running around thinking your the only person that exists and the only one experiencing anything, you should be on medication or pull your head out of your ass.
>>
YOU'RE AN INDIVIDUAL

YOU'RE NOT THE *ONLY* INDIVIDUAL

/THREAD
>>
>>37840479
because you are your brain
>>
>>37842335
Incorrect. "You" are consciousness.
>>
File: 1714056586493456.webm (3.92 MB, 720x1280)
3.92 MB
3.92 MB WEBM
I don't consider anyone with lower than 130 IQ as human

I don't consider neurotypicals as human either

You unironically act like soulless golem npcs
>>
>>37842335
What even determined that subjective experience would be in this brain and not the millions of others that formed before or after?
>>
>>37842439
>picrel: better life than anything a super sensitive spiritualcel could have
>>
>>37843241
NPC's / animals or not: they look like they're having fun while anons despair about the demiurge. It's not intelligent or aware to go through life sulking.
>>
>>37841867
But philosophically it's hard to argue that you yourself shouldn't be the most important thing in your life
Am I right?
Or do you believe you are not as important as someone else?
It's not about literally saying people don't exist
It's about looking at yourself and what YOU want and how to get that
Effectively you are the only thing that is important to you truly
But it's just a philosophy on how to live life and it's not wrong or right
>>
>>37843222
because it arises because of your brain, how could it have existed in any other way
>>
i studied kabbalah and did some occult shit with it. i eventually became solipsistic like you. the truth is we are all god.

kether is unity with god. if your mind is in kether it means you see all of us as one, we're all the same organism. or the universe experiencing itself

then you go to the lowest part of the tree of life, you have malkuth which represents the material world. but also diversity. here is the ordinary life most spiritualists want to move away from. you are now in the highest region of the tree of life, go down into material world, understand that there is such a thing as other beings. you are connected to them on a spiritual level, but in the material world you are very much distinct and separate and have unique worldviews, opinions, tastes and personalities.

solipsism doesn't really change a thing. i've been solipsistic since i was a very young boy. i had the hunch that omg it's all me i'm all alone

but notice how the loneliness / solipsism naturally goes away as you meet another human and have a conversation. especially if it's with an interesting person.

pretend you are a god meeting other gods. or godesses :^)
>>
>>37843299
What makes it “my” brain and not someone else’s brain? Why is there only one point of view in there?
>>
in a dream, are you all characters or one character?
a silly distinction
you're the dream
>>
File: 1685303132960720.jpg (232 KB, 1024x1024)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>37837546
The Atman doesn't exist, it arises from extreme attachment and aversion, as in your case, you want to stop being you and become or be in someone else's place. There is nothing in you that can be transferred, nothing is your Atman/core/soul.
>>
File: IMG_0340.jpg (621 KB, 828x1079)
621 KB
621 KB JPG
>>37837546
>>
>>37842439
This is weird and depraved
>>
File: Artwork_01438_.png (1.8 MB, 1024x1024)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
>>37837546
You're going through a stage of development where your spiritual body is starting to take form but you do not yet have the capability to sense others. Your body can intuitively sense your connection to the source consciousness, but it cannot yet perceive the spark in other people too.

> How can I make this body a background character and transfer the “focus” to another person so that “I” am no longer me but them?
You cannot. Their consciousness and body will reject takeover by another with absolute power.
>>
File: 1553117297829.png (15 KB, 225x227)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>37842439
>130 != human
tfw 129
Where are my fellow non-humans at?

>>37843298
regardless of if you view yourself as the most important person, loving your family and your neighbors will produce the best result for you.
>>
>>37844118
>There is nothing in you that can be transferred
Doesn't that prove the existence of some unique substance that makes up your core?
>>
File: 1701810018769294.jpg (72 KB, 736x736)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>37845214
You have to practice this. Buddhism doesn't claim that you or I don't exist, but this "transferable core" (Atman) doesn't exist (Anatta) . You are not even the sum of all the phenomena that make you up. As I said, it takes practice to get rid of this idea that you "are somewhere" in your brain or you are your brain. There are no special substances. The second part is for you to understand the phenomena of reality as they are.
I was just like you. I also believed and thought about how I could "save my "I" ". Don't waste time and learn about Anatta.
>>
>>37838155
>the other learns to run the controls (subconscious)
The controls of what?
>>
>>37837546
>>37846081

Death will bring you back into the singularity.
>>
>>37837546
Literally just have sex
>>
>>37837546
this happens naturally when you use cognitive perception in full transfer mode while in the sleep phase of consciousness.. however.. one thing that you will perceive is that "where ever you go, there you are "
when you are seeing through the eyes of another being.. you see the situation as if that being is 'you'
the same old 'you' that you are already familiar with.. and yet you can see through the 'eyes'.. through the consciousness perspective of other beings.. even when they are not human you can see the scene filtered through their sensate limitations and abilities..

it becomes a puzzle to orient yourself to; why the various attachments form.. how does your consciousness connect to other consciousness perspectives..

there is a lot to learn
>>37847737
>>
File: fart around.jpg (18 KB, 500x279)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>37837546

You and I are only words. But with these words we imprison/confine "our self's". Language is a constraint when trying to express these things.

"We" inherit the restrictions of life culturally and our language is the tallest wall.

Remove I, Me, Myself, You, Us, Them, We etc from any sentence and see what you are left with.

You will see the delusion appear more cleary.

All is imagination and "you" "we" are the imaginer.
>>
>>37845302
but this is just dogma
where do the ideas come from? the idea that you are your brain is well supported by neuroscience
>>
>>37848694
If I could replicate your brain, would that mean you'd be in two places at the same time? Which Anon would you be? Anon A or Anon B?
>>
>>37849183
If you could I suppose both would be the same creature in that instant, but theyd diverge from that moment on as their sense data inputs differ
>>
>>37849255
The Atman (in this case identified as the brain) always, without exception, produces paradoxes.
In Buddhism, paradoxes demonstrate a failure in the tool of analysis. This is why it is said that reality is empty (sunyata / emptiness) and that what we call reality is nothing but a dream (etheric phenomenon).
>>
>>37842439
That webm funny as fuck
>>
>>37849321
>the idea of a self, even materially rooted, causes paradoxes
>therefore everything is fake and gay
vacuous
really thought you were going somewhere too
>>
File: 1689187986204097.jpg (671 KB, 1080x1867)
671 KB
671 KB JPG
>>37849351
I was like you in the past, I would have said the same.
>>
>>37849416
Sabbasava Sutta: All the Fermentations
https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/mn/mn.002.than.html
>>
I can't wrap my mind around solipsism, it's a massive conundrum. Solipsism says that my consciousness is the only consciousness in existance and that I am G0D. However, just like you can play a game of counter strike, you have teammates who have a POV that is not shared with you, unless you go into spectator mode.

Imo, consciousness is God, but i am only a fragment of god, and when i talk to other people, it's like a two puzzle pieces in a jigsaw puzzle coming together forming a greater picture.

I don't believe I alone have all the answers, I have to interact with people....

I'm just confusing myself typing this shit. I feel like I am God but i definitely have strengths and weaknesses and i meet people with different personalities and God becomes a meaningless word, we're just a bunch of strange beings making noise and eye movements in the end
>>
>>37837546
You don’t actually want what you are asking for.
>>
>>37837546
Why are you able to contemplate the fact you are not responding to yourself on the internet from a seperate device while still maintaining this delusion.
>>
>>37837578
This is not necessarily true. When you form a deep mutual bond with another human, You can share some information across that connection, without relying on language to merely describe it. I have seen through another's eyes, only in snatches. I have heard my own voice through a friend's ears.
>>
>>37838183
I think God is really just the byproduct of the hivemind you're describing. Together, the surge of humanity causes the very effects that the individual blames on God.
>>
>>37842439
Can I have context? What kind of event is this, where do I find this kind of events? (no, I'm not from states)
>>
>>37837546
>Why am “I” the only person that seems to exist, and is the one doing the experiencing right now?
>There are lots of people born before me, at the same time as me, and after me
They all have an internal subjective experience too, grow the fuck up, you sound like a chimd

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.