[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3904.jpg (40 KB, 443x692)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
Can someone redpill me what happened on the battle of mons?
On a WW1 battle, angels descended and fought against the Germans. The descriptions vary widely on what happened from both sides, although something supernatural did start fighting there. Plebbitors got nothing to say about it, some website deboonks it as an author making it up and there was propaganda against the Germans mentioning how even god was against them.
So what is it? What really happened there?
>>
>>37760338
A dude wrote the short story about the angels for an English newspaper from a first-person perspective but the paper forgot to label it as fiction and people thought it was actually a real account.
The author later admitted it was fiction and said he never intended to create a hoax.
>>
>>37760375
>It seemed that my light fiction had been accepted by the congregation of this particular church as the solidest of facts; and it was then that it began to dawn on me that if I had failed in the art of letters, I had succeeded, unwittingly, in the art of deceit. This happened, I should think, some time in April, and the snowball of rumour that was then set rolling has been rolling ever since, growing bigger and bigger, till it is now swollen to a monstrous size.

—Arthur Machen, Introduction to The Bowmen and Other Legends of the War
>>
>>37760375
>>37760384
How can you prove that isnt just an attempt at a coverup?
>>
>>37760517
Look into it yourself, you stupid refuse.
>>
>>37760517
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence anon.
>>
>>37760581
According to whom? I can just say “extraordinary refusals require extraordinary evidence” as well. Can you 100% refuse that nothing occurred and that it was just an author who wrote it?
>>
>>37760638
What's more likely? That the dude wrote something in the era before mass communication and GI rumor mill and the wartime propaganda office ran with it because it was good for morale?
Or religion being real, Christianity being that religion, God opting to send angels down to Earth, those angels participating in one battle in a 4 year long war, only rebuking one side of the conflict, never interfering again, and then fucking off immediately afterwards?
If you think it's the former you gotta have something to back it up.
>>
>>37760662
Unlikelier things have happened military anon, thats a false sense of dichotomy.
>>
>>37760670
I mean if you can point me towards something more unlikely than a deity proving its existence and sending a bunch of supernatural beings to go massacre some krauts in Belgium randomly, I'm all ears.
>>
>>37760517
>it's more likely that the guy who wasn't even there is telling the truth than the same guy saying he made it up
>the government wants to cover up God literally being on their side and helping their troops
>>
>>37760679
I’ll say it in green
>it happened
Don’t need to elaborate any further. Thanks
>>
>>37760688
The accounts were from various frontline soldiers who were there. The government wants to cover up small newspaper companies from going all out and being retarded. Which is why years later they all become centralized to prevent spillage of information
>>
>>37760695
>The accounts were from various frontline soldiers who were there.
This requires proof.
>The government wants to cover up small newspaper companies from going all out and being retarded.
The government wants to cover up being on the side of God? That God literally sent angels down to Earth to help their troops?
You can look at all of the propaganda that directly contradicts that.
>>
>>37760712
Anon the last thing you'd want in a war is for your soldiers and your civilians to know that they have a divine mandate from the big man himself and that their cause is holy just. It would be terrible if your troops knew that their participation in the worst war in human history was the literal will of their God and that they were completely and utterly justified both morally and spiritually in killing the enemy. Duh.
>>
>>37760732
>what is the Magna Carta
>>
>>37760739
>what is sarcasm
Obviously if God sent literal angels to Eart
>>
>>37760750
Fucking auto-post.
If God sent literal angels to Earth to kill Germans while while Britain was at war with Germany, the British would want that known.
>>
The 1st Tenant of government is negate God.
Because if God is true, taxes are Sin

Of course they cover up the story.
>>
>>3776071
>>37760757

That’s because there were plans to make the western world far more atheistic. So fully acknowledging it would have been a detriment to years long plans.
>>
>>37760732
this haha it just didnt happen, honestly they shoulda run with it considering how many people got duped
>>
>>37760775
why the fuck would the head of a church, the king, undermine his own power like that
and WHOSE plans
>>
File: no.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>37760775
>>
THE KING OF ENGLANDS IS NOT CATHOLIC

He is not Even Christian!

The church of england have its own """"pope"""" because some "king" wanted to keep killing its wives

Of course they cover up the Angels
>>
>>37760789
There is no head of church unless you mean the Catholics, Anglos are not catholic so they don’t care. The English monarchy couldn’t give a rat’s ass about appearing Christian. They don’t pretend to even now. This is the plan of (them).
>>
>>37760807
Anon, the King of England is the head of the Church of England. I'm not English, but I'm pretty sure the Church of England believes in God. Therefore, it would behoove the church to mention it if God literally entered into a war on the same side as England and indisputably proved his existence in the process.
>>
>>37760807
Yes there is, there's a Primate, the Archbishop of Canterbury; and the Supreme Governor, the King
>>
Not to mention that kings claim their authority comes from divine right, so God being on their side would reinforce their authority even further
>>
>>37760801
Angry Catholic denying the faith of others
>>
File: Monsters.png (494 KB, 737x416)
494 KB
494 KB PNG
>>37760338
>battle of mons

The allies chose pokeslop.
The axis chose digital monsters.
You see where we are now.
>>
>>37760338
If I know soldiers like I know soldiers, they'd be all up in them supernatural mons if you gnomesayin'
>>
>>37760914
No I don’t know what you mean anon. Can you please elaborate
>>
>>37760384
>write christian fanfiction
>expect christians to take it lightly
He should have known what would happen. You can say literally anything and there are swarms of christians out there eager to lick ass over it.
>>
>>37760517
Aren't you satisfied with the sighting of Our Lady of Fatima?
>>
File: IMG_4504.jpg (59 KB, 768x768)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>37760338
>The angels fought for Our Side!
Propaganda Classico
>>
>>37760517
It's obviously fake. Why would the angels fight against Germany? Are angels retarded?
>>
>>37760517
Hi, I am the guy that made these two posts.
I can 100% assure you that God would never support the rotten british empire and if he were to take a side in petty mortal conflicts it would be that of the glorious german empire.
>>
>>37760858
There was once a highly interesting thread were an anon revealed the soviets used ghost aliens in WW2 and the axis powers ghost dinosaurs...
>>
>>37760670
Drop it anon, you sound desperate for a dose of escapism, this is why grifters play with your hole and you like it.
>>
>>37760638
your default when in doubt should be to reject the extraordinary. otherwise you will fall victim to every charlatan who wants to relieve you of your money
>>
>>37762766
Who said anything about angels being good guys?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.