[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 22-OgreBattle64-19.jpg (139 KB, 480x360)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
Besides ogre battle 64, are there games where "some mob character becomes something"?
I remember there was some big strategy game where some rando soldier became a general you could use for special purposes (maybe marrying into your family and getting skills, etc), but I may be wrong about that.
>>
File: 1714732083359302.jpg (19 KB, 417x401)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>1461133
What's came first ogre or ff tactics? Which is the best between them and Fire emblem? Game I mean not series
>>
>>1461133
Maybe this would interest you
https://www.gamesradar.com/shadow-mordor-nemesis-system-amazing-how-works/
>>
>>1461156
yeah, I forgot about that, too bad warner bought the "nemesis system" rights and nobody can do anything like that until those rights expire...
>>
>>1461160
Rip
>>
>>1461133
Mount & Blade 1 and 2 mods. There are some mods that allow normal units to become named companions. Some mods also have rare units or long evolutions of basic units that evolve into pretty powerful units that are sometimes even stronger than you (especially in mods like Prophecy of Pendor or Warsword Conquest).
And I think you are describing the Bannerlord's (M&B 2) system but the last time I played random soldiers couldn't become named characters/companions (at least without mods).
>>
>>1461207
I may be interested in those mods, how stsble are they?
I rmember installing some other mods following a nexus guide but the game crashed a lot and I gave up.
>>
>>1461236
Prophecy of Pendor (PoP) was developed for 8+ years with the last patch released in 2020 (I think the mod author wanted to port it to Bannerlord or make a separate game but no solid news yet) and is fairly stable.
Warsword Conquest was developed for 10+ years and is still being updated but it was a bit unstable like 2 or 3 years ago with some crashes here and there but nothing gamebreaking. I mean it adds a lot of different units weapons (including aoe explosive ranged weapons) mechanics (like different passive skills and even dungeons) and magic (including aoe dmg/buffs/debuffs/etc.) so shoving all of this into the old Warband engine from 2008 is bound to cause some problems. But even in that state it was playable and could be "completed".
Both are great mods but I would recommend to start with the PoP if you are not familiar with the series because it's more of a complete experience with steady progression (including endgame content) and it's just more balanced and polished overall.
As for installing them I'm not sure how to help because I had no problems with any of them. Perhaps try installing one of them first on a freshly installed game and if you'll have any problems then maybe we can figure something out. And I remember that I downloaded the mods from moddb and manually installed them on a GOG version of the game so I'm not sure if they work correctly with the steam version.
>>
>>1461241
>Prophecy of Pendor (PoP)
I got the steam version of mount & blade (and warband), any recommended site where to get that patch?
>>
>>1461368
>Prophecy of Pendor
>>1461241
I found this, I haven't had time to try it (and I'm not completelly sure how to install it on steam), but I'll try right now, wish me luck (I just hit suscribe, I hope I don't need any other third party stuff to make it work, because the description didn't seem to mention it).

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=875202420
>>
it downloaded something, but I don't see any new module, nor can find any new files on the folder (I'm not sure what the original files where anyways).
>>
Nevermind, it appeared in the menu, it seems that installing mods with steam will save them somewhere else besides the modules folder.
>>
>>1461241
I have been playing it for some hours, made a party of generic npcs, but none of them has become a hero or anything. Does something like that happen in that mod?
I'm not sure if it's even possible there.
>>
>>1461133
Disgaia.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.