[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000006544.png (499 KB, 544x416)
499 KB
499 KB PNG
Advice is also greatly encouraged. Anyways I'll start. I can't beat Mario 3. I should be able to since you get a 1UP every 3 stages and you get loads of free items as well, but whenever I sit down and try to play it I somehow manage to get a game over and can't get passed world 2.
>>
i feel that, find mario overall more difficult than sonic in general
but i also think battletoads is a walk in the park it's crazy
>>
Literally just jump on the platforms and don't get hit by enemies. How can anyone not do that?
>>
>>10918253
Pokemon. I've played a lot but never beat any of the games. I think it's more that I lose interest near the end
>>
>>10918253
KeroKero Keroppi and Mappy Land on Famicom.

Mappy Land has some sort of good ending locked behind building the house but they take away your house parts randomly and that flag mini-game is unbeatable to gaijins so i'm fucked
>>
Because Nintendo has been making average/casual games in terms of difficulty for like 20 years now their old games retroactively became easy as well in people's heads while this isn't the case at all. Mario 3, especially the Japanese version, is not an easy game. And I think there are people browsing this board right now who can't even beat SMB1, warpless or not
>>
>>10918253
I remember using one of the many 1 up farming tricks as a kid, you're probably just playing with too much pride
>>
>>10918638
This is kind of me with all platformers like Mario and Sonic unless they're so incredibly easy it's hard to die like Mario 2 or Kirby, I would play it until I ran out of lives but was usually getting bored long before then so just turn it off and not play again for a few weeks and repeat. I got Sonic 1 as a pack in and probably only got to marble zone once or twice.
>>
>>10919108
it's those fucking bloopers in the last castle
>lakitu
easy
>hammer bros
medium
>bloopers
fucking impossible
>>
File: 003-1.png (51 KB, 320x224)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
Bulk Slash

Draw distance has never fucked me over so consistently as this game does.
>>
Okami is so easy to the point of boredom, and that's why I never finished it. I wasn't having fun, it was just droning white noise.
>>
>>10919336
I could never get past the intro, tried a couple of times but that thing never ends.
>>
>>10919323
bootleg brown hair rei
>>
>>10918253
I always eat shit when I pick up Mario again after not playing it for a while, worse than any other platformer. I walk right into enemies. I don't have trouble with it once I get my sea legs back though
>>
>>10918253
Silent Hill 1. Not cuz it was scary, or cuz it was hard.

But that one puzzle near the end about the creatures and their leg count filtered me so fucking hard. I managed to get all the others up till that point.
>>
I find most platformers on the older systems to be a humbling experience, even the Super Mario games. I remember having so much trouble with Metroid as a child.
There was a theatre that had an arcade section and two of the cabinets was Metal Slug 1 and later Metal Slug 2. Anytime I went to go see a movie I would bring coins to dump into Metal Slug and see how far I could get. Eventually I pirated Metal Slug 2 om the PC and played it on there instead. That game kicked my ass and I don't recall ever beating it.
Not so much me, but Mario Party games always filtered friends and friends of friends. I have definitely made people cry because of that game and even an intense grudge which lasted years lmao. One time my best friend at the time, his brother and his brothers friend and I were playing Mario Party 4, the game was about to end and my best friends brother stole a star from him at the end of the game, taking away his victory. My best friend turned the N64 off before the game officially ended, started crying hysterically, and then we watched on as he tried to hang himself in his closet while crying profusely and yelling. He never succeeded and we made fun of him for the rest of the day.
>>
>>10919341
Wouldn't that just be Shinji's mom? Although the bootleg allegation then goes in the other direction.
>>
File: 1642429528888.jpg (49 KB, 640x424)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>10918253
Super Metroid

i couldn't figure out how to get to kraids lair
>>
>>10918253
>Mario 3
Play more defensive. You don't have to run like sonic. It's mario!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.