[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240508_182052.jpg (2.42 MB, 3200x2400)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB JPG
What Frankenstein monsters have you assembled?
I am laughing like a madman that this shit actually works after failing to get it working on a personal black and white CRT. Apparently I need a $30 RF converter so fuck that.
>>
Have fun squinting to see anything and smashing the screen right off the controller when you throw too hard of a swing I guess?
>>
>>10917830
The little rearview car camera comes with an adhesive bottom for its base, but regardless, I'm not actually playing Golden Tee with it, Golden Tee was just the one piece of compatable hardware I had within reach. I'm gonna see about using it to make a console more... portable. Probably something like a SNES Mini which is easy to flash with CFW and load with consoles and roms up to PS1. (hilarious that the SNES Mini runs PS1 gamws better than the PSX Mini, kek)
>>
File: 20240508_185845.jpg (3.22 MB, 4000x3000)
3.22 MB
3.22 MB JPG
This is my normal Golden Tee/old Plug n' Play/chinkheld AV out setup
>>
>>10917826
>I need a $30 RF
Now I am also laughing. I was just cringing. If you explain plugging a toy into a TV is """assembling""" something which will I be doing? Did you put the batteries in all by yourself or did daddy have to help with that?
>>
>>10917973
What do you believe the word, "assemble" means, zoomie? I'm the one laughing, here.
>>
>>10917973
>If you explain plugging a toy into a TV is """assembling""" something which will I be doing?
What??
>>
>>10917898
Does this thing play like ass? I got one at a thrift store years ago and never actually tried it yet.
>>
>>10918186
It plays identically to the arcade version you would see in bowling alleys.
>>
>>10918128
What any non-zoomie dictionary says it means, zoomie.
>>10918184
The literal state
>>
>>10917826
>Hi dear, we got you that "Goldeneye" game you've been asking for!
>>
>>10917826
Is the low key abominations thread?
>>
>>10917973
He connected it to a small rear view car LCD. I have no clue how those connect, but I assume it took some hackery since I see an in-line resistor among the wiring.
>>
>>10918602
>resistor
Ops. I meant fuse.
>>
>>10918602
>I have no clue
Truer words have never been tapped. I had no idea that buying an LCD display that has an "in-line resistor", er fuse, and plugging it in was considered "hackery" by zoom zooms. It must be so difficult trying to work out which of the 100+ genders a connector is when trying to plug something in.
>>
>>10919334
You could just admit you didn't look very closely at the picture and assumed he did nothing more than plug a composite cable into a monitor.
>>
>>10919836
>u-u-u
lmfao. Rich, coming from a retarded faggot who thinks an "in-line resistor" that's part of the power cable is some sort of "hackery". I'll never understand how you dumb zoomies can be so addicted to (You)s that you'll spew the most ridiculous bullshit and then double down on it again and again. Did it never occur to you that OP might not be a neurotic anal retentive snowflake who needs you to simp for him, and might just want to have a laugh?
>>
>>10918492
>unironically that official Nintendo of America plug n play N64 device for US hotels
>>
>>10919334
>>10920240
I genuinely can't image how lonely of an individual you are, and it is not due to you being a class above everyone else.
You honestly have aspergers and it prevents you from properly socializing even at a child's level.
>>
File: file.png (226 KB, 600x315)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>10917826
>>
>>10920240
If anyone was having fun, they certainly aren't now.
>>
>>10918539
I worry how much this costs but it does impress me on a technical level desu. Saw a similar thing happening with handheld Dreamcasts on ali but for £400 each. Bit of a shame they presumably have to cut up a real one in order to make it
>>
>>10920636
If I were a class above you I'd be in the 4th grade. If you want to socialize at a child's level then you need to go back to tiktok. This board is 18+
>>10921117
Are you saying the outraged child isn't actually enjoying they/them self, just desperately trying to fill the emptiness inside? Interesting.
For your entertainment I present my plans for the latest feat of assembling I'll be attempting. Wish me luck.
>>
>>10918186
>>10918245
i feel like there is a certain segment of 45-55 year olds who would flip out if they got this for christmas one year
>>
>>10919334
>>10919836
>>10920636
Always amazed by the innovation on this board, you still manage to find even more retarded things to argue about every thread
>>
>>10922076
Asperger's in action.
>>
>>10922076
>>10922941
Imagine tripling down on being this retarded over misunderstanding what "assemble" means, lmfao
>>
>>10922076
so are you gonna post your build bro?
>>
>>10922076
>>10923381
Dude fucking died trying to change the batteries after talking all of that shit
>>
There's been this one Dunning-Kruger on this board for years who always loses his shit whenever hardware modification/restoration is brought up. What a sad individual.
>>
File: Cat Stevens.png (171 KB, 433x385)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
Another fella told me
He had a system that looked just fine
Instead of bein my devliverance
It beared a strange resemblance
To a cat named Frankenstein
Oh lord!
>>
>>10922941
It doesn't matter what's being argued about, just that it's an argument. When you're too poor to afford old games and too low skill to enjoy them, there's really nothing else for newfriends to do.
>>10923183
Imagine projecting this much
>>10923381
Clearly you don't understand how things work on nu-/vr/. One does not simply assemble batteries into a game boy. I need to start a thread about it to get approval from strangers on the internet. That will devolve into an argument over some retarded thing, so I'll need to start a cope thread about that. Then I'll need to start a thread about what batteries I should use. Rinse and repeat. I'll do this for so long that by the time I get around to it my game boy has died of old age. Then I'll get mad and post a larp about how I sold my entire collection and now emulate because it's better. This is the way of the /vr/
>>
>>10917826
Golden T see makes homes systems but they cost $4000 for the cheapest one, it just has pc hardware in it. I was just thinking they should make something simple like this.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.