[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images (7).png (35 KB, 640x480)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
Can't go wrong with Jetta Maxx and Shadow Yamoto in Eternal Champions, as well as Riptide in the Sega CD sequel of EC.
>>
>>10916190
I mained Larcen, but got good with slash as well. Trident is just completely broken, however.
>>
all i remember is the final boss cheats
>>
did anyone actually pull off those cinekills? i think i only did it with trident once. i swear so many of the fatalities in this game were hard to trigger.
>>
File: 1683911815685496.jpg (49 KB, 656x679)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>10916236
I never knew how to pull off any moves so I just spammed high kick
>>
File: jang-pung-2.jpg (96 KB, 698x477)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>10916190
i think i'm more of a Chales kind of guy
>>
File: 8875.jpg (47 KB, 616x486)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>10916394
For me, it's Tile
>>
>>10916236
Once you know where they need to stand, it's not too bad, but the trick is getting them in the right position.
>>
>>10916190
They're both awful as fuck characters and the game is bad.
>>
>>10916620
gay
>>
>>10916190
I wish Sega never killed this series. It was dripping with sovl.
>>
>>10918301
Sega of Japan really wanted us to jump around slooooooooooooowly in Virtua Fighter, and the fast paced hard hitting action of Eternal Champions was just too exciting for them.
>>
>>10918316
Namco really wanted us to jumpveryquicklyanderratically in Tekken
>>
>>10916190
Even to this day very impressive and gruesome deaths
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG6EJL-UdYE
>>
Is there a single good original game on the Sega CD? Snatcher, Popful Mail, and Lords of Thunder are remakes from the MSX or the PC Engine-CD, and Flashback, Out of this World, Ecco II, Eternal Champtions, etc, are remakes of Genesis games....

Off the top of my head, I can only think of the Lunar Games, Robo Aleste, and Dark Wizard. Are those the only good games that are original on the whole thing? Is Keio Flying Squadron a port of something? Is Vay good enough to count?
>>
>>10919875
Both Lunar games are original to the CD
>>
>>10919904
>reading comprehension
>>
>>10919875
Eternal Champions SegaCD is a sequel and it's bad because of the load times all over the place.
>>
File: 1441033164998.gif (44 KB, 256x224)
44 KB
44 KB GIF
>>10919875
I guess now you can look at it that way, but when it came out and it was the only way to play games like Snatcher or Popful Mail in the west it was a big deal. And I didn't have a PC good enough to run Wing Commander well which made that a fun option. I'm not going to pretend it wasn't a flop, but the Lunars alone are excellent enough that the endeavor seems worth it to me in the end. 32X.... that's a different story.
>>
Is there any competitive scene for Eternal Champions, like on Fightcade or somewhere else?
>>
>>10916190
if you're not being a piece of shit and using an animal to jab infinite, Senator in CD is the most fucked character ever in a fighter, Red Tape and Ban are the filthiest fucking moves ever
>>
What were they thinking when they included this song on Eternal Champions CD?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-G0jk_FmNw

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.