[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Gbtgntscboxart.jpg (32 KB, 265x376)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>mogs Luigi's Mansion
Did Rare do it on purpose?
>>
>>10914591
I've never played it, is it even in the same category though?
>>
>>10914598
Both are a spooky mansion in which you walk to furniture and random things and press the interact button
>>
>>10914598
>is it even in the same category though
No, this is a eurojank beat 'em up.
They're not even remotely similar outside of the setting.
>>
>>10914607
>They're not even remotely similar outside of the setting.
1. There is no "outside the setting". The setting IS Luigi's Mansion
2. Walking around and looking for shit you can interact with (often to get keys) is what you do at least 50% the time in both games
>>
>>10914591
This is THE early 2000s CGI cartoon feel game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27SS8Pnmrok

Just wish there was a bit more adventure than action
>>
>>10914591
They’re not really the same thing except for the cartoon horror vibe. If you want to go this general then Soul Reaver, Shadow Man and both n64 Castlevanias are all the same shit.
>>
>blatant bait
>using mogs outside /tv/
Ghoulies had zero impact on culture and was made fun of when/after it released while LM has had multiple sequels over two decades, shit thread with a /v/ OP
>>
>>10914634
>They’re not really the same thing except for the cartoon horror vibe
See >>10914609

>>10914654
>Luigi's Mansion had impact on culture
kek
>>
>>10914591
thanks for the rec friend
>>
zombies ate my neighbors but soulless.
>>
>>10914951
You're welcome. Usuaully this shit board doesn't deserve it but I was bored today
>>
>>10914654
Luigi’s Mansion was seen as a gimmick joke game by adults at the time. Maybe Ghoulies would have found an audience on the children’s console
>>
>>10915047
They are two completley diffrent styled games?
>>
>>10914591
never heard of it,looks like shit on image search.
>>
>>10914591
>looks like shit
>awful gameplay
>no story

This is almost nothing. It's barely content. It exists purely because Rare thought of the name as a joke and then it seemingly got greenlit also as a joke.
>>
>>10914609
That's not true. Most of the gameplay in GbtG is fighting rooms full of the same enemies with a new condition thrown in every now and then.
You might as well say Luigi's Mansion and Duke Nukem fill the same niche because you look for keys.
>>
What the heck is on his right arm?
>>
>>10914591
>Luigi's Mansion
It's called "Hotel Mario II: Luigi Mansion", you dummkopf.
>>
They only made this game for the title pun
>>
>>10914591
I was an Xbox only kid for a while and never saw or heard of this
>>
File: d6c.gif (3.06 MB, 194x268)
3.06 MB
3.06 MB GIF
Based.
>>
>>10917994
That sounds awful
>>
>>10914591
Luigi Mansion is kind of shit too. Vacuum is great but that's about it, they haven't made a good game out of the mechanics. Despite 2 more games and a re-release, they haven't learned how to make Luigi Mansion better. Blinx did luigi mansion better than luigi mansion ever did

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.