[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: happy cat.png (1.58 MB, 1013x993)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB PNG
instead of just playing them on the consoles they were already released on or simply emulating them? WW HD also ruined the art style of the original and basically added speedhack for ADHD people, while TP HD has bugs with the controls and many textures that are actually uglier
>>
File: why.png (659 KB, 779x777)
659 KB
659 KB PNG
Picrel what I'm seeing every day
>>
File: tp details lost.png (1000 KB, 1570x693)
1000 KB
1000 KB PNG
>>10914521
>while TP HD has bugs with the controls and many textures that are actually uglier
The camera controls especially are weird in TP HD, it automatically micro-corrects while walking and the walking animations are too tight. Also the crosshair is off-center and, just like in WW HD, rolling and attacking are on the wrong button (position-wise)

I don't get how people don't care about this
>>
File: zelda_four_swords_image20.png (3.91 MB, 1920x1080)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB PNG
Reminder that the GC had 3 main Zeldas. Four Swords is criminally underappreciated and a lot of fun. Yes alone too. Play it.
>>
maybe they're naive and think nintendo would actually improve anything about it
>>
>>10914527
She _does_ look more like a duck on the left but I can't pinpoint why. Must be somethign very subtle with the textures/vertex colors.
>>
>>10914537
Four sword Adventures is butchered for the worldwide release.
>>
>>10914669
explain
>>
>>10914683
Tetra's Trackers mode is JP only.
>>
>>10914521
>>10914524
>>10914527
>>10914537
>>10914539
>>10914550
>>10914669
>>10914683
>>10914687
There's already a thread you can talk about that in. Now fuck off to it.
>>10898916
>>
>>10914695
>post in my daily shitpost thread that pretends 95% Metacritic games are bad
No
>>
>>10914687
Tetra Trackers is cute but just gimmick side content.
>>
>>10914719
I looked for a split second and it's just the same psycho spamming text walls that look like AI and acting like his opinion is a fact. Back in the day threads like that got removed
>>
>>10914521
portability
>>
>>10914746
Not exactly controversial statements unlike your 'Zelda bad' shtick, janny
>>
File: gaming_windwakerhd.jpg (180 KB, 1920x1080)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>10914746
>>This thread starts with "WW HD also ruined the art style of the original
The shadows can look nice on the overworld but otherwise that's just true. I don't mind the Swift Sail speed but no longer even having to change the wind's direction in the WIND WAKER game is just dumb.
>>
>>10914747
>it's a pretending we're playing AAA games in handheld mode while sitting on the toilet episode
Fair point
>>
File: tp hd controls.webm (1.18 MB, 734x658)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB WEBM
>>10914527
>and the walking animations are too tight
Better than the opposite extreme but yeah it's not ideal and not how it behaves in the original

>>10914695
>informative thread vs me angery about old game thread
>>
>>10914738
>Back in the day threads like that got removed
Unfortunately, a Mod might be honoring those shit threads as evidenced by this faggot:
>>10910824
>>
>10914749
>10914757
>10914761
>Decimate against ADHD in the OP
>Not shitposting/flamewaring
>"Informative"
>>
>>10914781
>ADHD in the OP
That's not a rule violation by any stretch of the imagination

How is it even possible that Zelda bothers you so much that this is what you're doing with your life 24/7?
>>
>>10914761
you can tell those remasters were made by devs that don't fully understand game design and development
>>
>10914792
>Being purposely obtuse
Replace it with "children/manbabies/faggots" and it'd have the same effect. Just because you're not vulgar doesn't mean it isn't a flamewar.
>>
>>10914808
>just pretend it's a different word!
kek
>flamewar
No one here was flaming and took offense to the word other than you and not because you love the HD remaster but because you are that mentally challenged janny who hates Zelda threads. It's good to see that you're still doing this and your life still sucks, btw.
>>
>>10914757
>replacing the og's puffy pillows with the most generic clouds ever
>>
>10914823
It's a flamewar thread. Get over it.
>>
>>10914521
I want to play them on my comfy Switch
>>
>>10914842
Your posts are off-topic trolling and garbage
>>
>10914852
Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
>>
>>10914864
You haven't made a single post about the games, stfu already and do something with your life
>>
>>10914521
1. Portability
2. People actually own a Switch
3. They can fix some of the stuff you mentioned on the new hypothetical version

They actually fixed many of the issues Skyward Sword had so it is no brainer why they want a Switch port of WW and TP.

Also, you said it, they're normalfags, emulation is quantum mechanics for them
>>
>>10914893
>Also, you said it, they're normalfags, emulation is quantum mechanics for them
kek
>>
>>10914521
I don't understand why anyone even gives a fuck about these games. There is yet to be a single good 3D zelda game. They have literally just re-released OOT with minor changes for almost 30 years now and retards still fucking buy it.
Zelda should have never left 2D much like most of these classic 8-bit and 16-bit games
>>
>>10914719
I made that thread and its sincerely not a shitpost.
>>10914738
Yeah Im not the one doing that either.
>>
>>10914925
OOT is really fun and good for many people so even a bad copy is still enjoyable to many people.
>I DONT LIKE OOT
Cool but nobody really cared. I think you should learn when to not share opinions and just ignore threads on things you dont care about. But you never will and you'll keep thing your being super cool by constantly getting upset.
>im not upset im just
yeah, ok.
>>
>>10914925
>I don't understand why anyone even gives a fuck about these games. There is yet to be a single good 3D zelda game.
99% of people in the world disagree with you, that's like saying pizza isn't tasty. Everyone has weird taste when it comes to something, best thing is not trying to be an ass about it and forcing your opinion others
>>
This thread is the shitpost flamewar one and should be deleted. The other thread on these games is the one made by a normal person
>>
>>10914970
Everyone can tell you are a shitposter and the old thread is a shitpost thread because...you are shitposting right now. There can be two threads for not one but two extremely popular games and the topic isn't even the same. Ths thread here is strictly about the remasters while your thread is "REEE I don't like game" with old rehashed talking points we've already seen a 100 times

Holy
>>
>>10914979
Dude youve been nothing but combative this whole thread. There hasnt even been any discussion. I dont even really have to try here. You are your own strawman. Even just from how we type our posts. Its like your doing an "I AM SILLY' bad strawman of your own argument.
If you genuinely are NOT shitposting then I think you are actually unhinged and the amount of pure threads about the zelda video games must bring you must be absolutely draining. I think you need to take a step back here.
But you are very likely just shitposting and coutnerflagging and all that junk. Whatever.
>>
>>10914521
HERO MODE SUCKS otherwise i'd be begging too. high difficulty could be an awesome experience and is easy to do but somehow nintendo keeps fucking that up
>only double damage
double is good for early game but at least once you pull the ms and have a lot of health it should switch to 4x damage if not 8x, lore explanation is that pulling the ms pisses ganon off
>can deactivate hero mode any time
makes it feel like you're challenging yourself rather than the game challenging you
>all jugs empty
soulless and takes some of the zelda feel away from it. not being able to find hearts and having to backtrack for a potion is also more annoying than challenging

like, all they have to do is make enemies hit even harder and make fairies rare. stop trying to be creative with empty jugs and shit like that
>>
>>10914991
>another off-topic text wall
Talk about the games, janny
>>
>>10914996
Damn man what a shame. I wish I could actually have a human connection with you. I dont get these weird walls you put up
>>
>>10914994
>lore explanation is that pulling the ms pisses ganon off
BotW and TotK basically do that: stronger variants of enemies start to appear as you progress through the game. Though it's very cryptic what really causes it. IIRC the guide says enemies 'level up' if you kill a lot of them and sneaking may even avoid it.
>>
>>10915002
aw man but i dont like playing those games
>>
>why don't normies just emulate
they're zoomers or younger and don't know how
>>
>>10914979
>I don't like game" with old rehashed talking points we've already seen a 100 times
Surely when I point out that the wolf sections are bad and the start of the game is a tutorial (while almost every other action adventure has a shittier start than TP, see Sphinx) for the 10 millionth time on a board with 10 active users it will sway public opinion!
>>
>>10915008
Not everything has to have that goal. I like re-reading those posts and Ive made similar posts with that same talking point. Its just nice to discuss it. Im not trying to make people who like TP dislike TP. I simply dont care
>>
>>10915016
>erm I just make regurgitated-shitpost threads about popular games and then beg mods to delete threads that don't shitpost the game I just made a regurgitated-shitpost thread about
>but I don't care
>>
I hope this thread gets deleted just because I know OP will have a fucking meltdown and it will contribute to the downward spiral of his psyche as the janny lives rent free in his head. I hope he posts that schizo collage he made in every zelda thread on this board for years and people continue to not care

Please God let this happen itd be so fucking funny
>>
>>10914521
>begging for 2 decades old games to throw your money at
No one did this during PS2 gen. New games must really suck.
>>
>>10915045
Maybe 2 years ago, at this point everyone knows jannies are shitposting retards and this is a clown board, dumb projecting homo
>>
>>10915067
Cry about it
>>
>>10915002
>Though it's very cryptic what really causes it. IIRC the guide says enemies 'level up' if you kill a lot of them and sneaking may even avoid it.
I mean, forums already explain the mechanic and how you get certain amount of XP from enemies based on how you fought and killed it - like with sneak/flurries/parries for bonus up to a cap, and then after like 10-12 enemies or something, that's locked in or whatever.
It's cryptic in game - but there's explanations on how it works around with datasheets etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4nCHuBzgy0..
>>
>>10914527
The walking and rolling animations in the gamecube version bothered me too. Idk why they had to fuck it up when it was already perfected with OOT. Same with the newer star fox games none of them feel as good to play as 64.
>>
>>10914994
That's why emulation is king, it has built-in mods for this. Both are 10/10 games on Dolphin
>>
>10914873
Pot meet kettle.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.