[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (284 KB, 657x685)
284 KB
284 KB PNG
What are some of those little things you've used to improve your setup? Controllers, scalers, whatever. Share your thoughts on them.

I hook up all my consoles through a surge protector and the ones with the wall warts are often a pain in the ass, but these short extension cables have been a big help with keeping things tidy.
>>
>>10912872
That's a great idea. I recently got a new powerstrip and stuck it on top of my desk, which makes things a bit uglier, but way more convenient.
>>
File: I_gots_the_hookups.jpg (613 KB, 2592x1944)
613 KB
613 KB JPG
>>10912872
The gSCartSW JP-21 edition not only allowed for me to have multiple systems at the ready without wearing down the connector, it also has dual outputs, so one can go to a monitor while the other goes to the capture card. I am so thankful I got it, but regret getting only one just to allow others to get the few limited ones that would be made especially since superg refuses to make any more JP21 editions.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (315 KB, 1600x1200)
315 KB
315 KB JPG
I use this Pelican AV switcher thing I've had since I was a kid, it came with different plastic label inserts for all the different consoles at the time which is neat. I imagine there is some mild signal degradation but I haven't noticed and I don't care all that much.

Also I got N64 and PS2 controller extension cables which has been pretty useful because of the way my room is set up.
>>
File: s-l960.png (710 KB, 578x960)
710 KB
710 KB PNG
>>10912872
It's cool because it's automatic
>>
>>10912872
I got sold into getting an Extron, but I got the wrong one, ISM, since it adds lag regardless of what I do. Will be getting the Crosspoint later on, but it functions save for stuff like rhythm games and 240p content.
I'm considering using a large USB-C charge block instead of the original power cords for some reason. Any reason not to go this route besides burning money?
>>
>>10913559
I have an extron but I use the cheap ass chinese amazon switchers because my whole set up is built around component video. Extron seemed to be a pain in the butt to hook up but truth be told I was being lazy. It would be fantastic once you get it going. Only thing is I think you need those phoenix to rca audio jacks.
>>
>>10913578
>cheap ass chinese amazon switchers
enjoy your signal noise
>>
File: file.png (2.01 MB, 1440x1080)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB PNG
>>10913583
Don't notice it on my CRT
>>
>>10913578
>Only thing is I think you need those phoenix to rca audio jacks.
Fortunately, all of those phoenix ports came prepopulated, but setting up the precut RCA jacks doesn't do audio right for some reason. I followed the instructions for unbalanced, unless I didn't do it right, which seems plausible.
>>
File: wd_scorpio_blue.jpg (413 KB, 1281x885)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
I use this secret technology to store thousands of retro games in one small space. Don't tell anyone!
>>
Just the basic suff. Manual scart switcher, (because fuck philips tvs with just one RGB), and any A/V cable that was not an RF modulator. When you grown with that crap, even composite video feels good.

I probably should get that scart back from the summer home. No interference or issues at all, and I don't think I could find one like that nowadays.
>>
>>10913850
>trying to feel included
>>
>>10912872
Where would I even start. I have hundreds Most accessories are simple gadgets. If I run into something that's inconvenient or that I think could be improved I just build one to do that
I stopped using wall warts in my setups decades ago. I use a single high quality power supply with modules at each device to regulate, isolate, filter, provide the right connector, etc. It's a simple solution commonly used in industrial setups.
>>
>>10912872
i guess my 6in2out hdmi switch, but it'll make people reeee cause i used the cheapest chinkshit component/composite to hdmi converters i can find. 2 outputs so i dont have to have capture pc on, plus they can do different sources for lan play.
>>
>>10913585
that's an LCD faggot.
>>
>>10915060
How does my 480p->1080p upscale look? My retrotink is set to output 480.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.