[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Virtual Hydlide.png (637 KB, 960x896)
637 KB
637 KB PNG
This could have been really good if it wasn't for that abysmal framerate. A bit short but the replay value could come from the randomized layouts.

I never did find the place that lets you trade items though
>>
ha ha ha ha what a garbage thread! okay, thanks for sharing!
>>
>>10906131
I still had fun playing it, but yeah, it's too rough to really be a good game. It has A LOT of ambience though, it's very immersive in a way King's Field is (although the latter is much more playable). The music is very very good

I do remember finding the trading area on my map, but strangely I wasn't able to buy one of the items you're supposed to be able to -- the Ring of Spirit, I think? It didn't show up on the item list. I wonder if there are conditions where certain things don't appear in the game at all.
>>
>>10906843
is that the ring that restores HP when walking? I found that almost from the start and it made the game really easy. I did play on easy because from my understanding from the game's menu it only affected the map and its markings but maybe it affects other things too.
>>
>>10906131
This game has been on my list for years to play. I know its a bad game for the most but I love how it comes off as a cheesey 80s movie in a way. so its something i'll play thru at some point in the next few years. plus I like they used real actors for it. the princess is qt
>>
>>10906131
Doesn't this run on the Pebble Beach Golf engine?
>>
>>10906131
Tried this game a few years ago because I wanted to see if it lived up to the infamous reputation. Wound up having fun with it instead the framerate is terrible but the game was super far ahead of its time.
>>
even in AVGN's review of it, he played through the game 1 and a half times because it was actually pretty fun despite looking like shit with a choppy framerate.
>>
>>10906935
>super far ahead of its time
in the wrong direction though with ugly digitized sprites and FMVs featuring real actors.
>>
>>10906858
Yeah I believe that's the one. I played it on the medium difficulty that automaps and directs you where to go.
>>10906920
Sort of, I think they must have modified it heavily because Pebble Beach shows less frames (since you're hitting a ball over a large area instead of running across the field).
>>
>>10906943
the princess is qt so shut up
>>
File: 1703673271017759.png (314 KB, 640x489)
314 KB
314 KB PNG
virtualtronic hydidlian
>>
>>10907218
Damn, I probably should have played on medium
>>
>>10906935
>the framerate is terrible
Does it only use one SH-2? IIRC that was a big issue with many Saturn games, the second CPU was difficult to access properly.
>>
>>10906131
You can't fault it for trying or being ambitious while cashing in on then popular trends like real life actors. But yes, shit hardware, poor design choices, and horrid frame-rate.
>>
>>10906935
It seems like a great concept and fun, but man does it look terrible visually. It looks like that segment on a Nickelodeon show in the 90s where they get transported into a game and have to escape. I need to check this out since I can't think of anything else quite like it on a gameplay level.
>>
I love the visuals in this game.
>>
>>10906920
does it? i remember another Saturn game that seemed very similar but i can't remember the name of it anymore.
it was the same tank controls and back view, but you're playing as some leather jacket and sunglasses guy with guns.
>>
>>10908459
That's virtuoso on 3DO
>>
File: 1529448962053.jpg (23 KB, 444x322)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>10906131
How about the fact that it's one of the ugliest games ever made and moves like ass? You're also just going to ignore the eye rape?
Saturn faggot contrarian levels are reaching unimaginable heights nowadays.
>>
>>10909317
It looks great, why seethe so much?
>>
>>10906131
Can you overclock the Saturn emulator?
>>
The idea of a Legend of Zelda game with a randomly generated worldmap is something that hasn't been explored enough.
>>
>>10907714
Hy-didlio-ho, virtualrino!
>>
>>10906131
Looks disgustingly ugly. I can practically see the horrible shimmering caused by aliasing in the top right screenshot.
>>
>>10911435
>aliasing
No such thing.
>>
I usually to play it all the time since it was one of the 3 Saturn Games I had.
>>
File: IMG_20240506_223448_416.jpg (3.53 MB, 3504x3504)
3.53 MB
3.53 MB JPG
Moi j'aime ce jeu <3.
Too bad it lags(but it's a golf engine)
>>
This type of pre-rendered and digitized graphics is probably my favorite visual aesthetic. This is pure soul. You are a retard if you can't appreciate this.
>>
>>10906131
Is this /vr/'s flavor of the month contrariancore game?
>>
>>10912634
>marblefag has competition
>>
>>10906131
I want to put my hands around that neck
>>
File: Shinobi X.png (1.04 MB, 960x896)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>10912663

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.