[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: sf2000_mod.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
I see that on the handheld general nobody gives a fuck about this little gem. Just hoarders of devices that rot in dusty drawers. That's reddit-tier shit.
Who has a SF2000 and actually uses it? I have one, and I like to carry it around when I go to work, or I have a day off and stay in my garage to fix something. When I need a break I barely wash my hands and play some good ol' arcade games. I didn't buy the additional controllers and that was a mistake.
Has anybody used multicore for Pico-8 and other cool stuff?
(image from google - I'm lazy)
>>
File: IMG_20240502_211823.jpg (1.43 MB, 3264x2448)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
>>10902820
>Just hoarders of devices that rot in dusty drawers. That's reddit-tier shit.
I'll have you know my devices rot on a shelf

I agree that I'm probably becoming quite Plebbit-esque though
>>
>>10902820
You can still buy the controllers for it, there is a console version called the SF900 which uses the same controllers
>>
>>10902820
I do and I've used it quite a bit for GBC and Neo Geo Pocket Color after installing multi core. Also bought without the extra controllers, but I've installed a patch to take out the wireless controller connectivity, so I did it on purpose to extend the battery life. Nowadays I don't use it and actually plan to give it to a friend, because I bought the Game Consoie (kek) R36S and it blows it out of the water. Finished a bunch of PSX and GBA games already. Currently finishing (doing postgame bosses and shit) Dragon Quest Caravan Heart, good shit. The R36S with the form factor of SF2000 would be sick. Not the most powerful device, but damn does it feel nice in the hands and the build quality is surprisingly decent for Chinese mass manufactured plastic.

PS. I am currently hoarding a backlit GameBoy Color tho, I'll have to sell it eventually. Have a flashcart and all, but playing GB/GBC on R36S is more convenient, I can easily use shaders to simulate the original colors and screen matrix, fast-forward in games (great for grinding in jRPGs), use save states and all that jazz.
>>
>>10902820
what does this have to do with retrogames?
this board is for the discussion of retro GAMES
you are a FAGGOT
>>
>>10902853
>what does this have to do with retrogames?
OK
>>
>>10902865
>>>>/g/
>>
>>10902890
What are supposed to play retrogames with?
Aren't there threads for handhelds, Mister, Retroarch, and so on?
>>
>>10902910
there is already a handheld general
when you make garbage threads it slides actual content off the board
>>
File: ans.jpg (8 KB, 288x230)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
Yeah I got one.

It's based, I'm based. This thread is based.
>>
>>10902920
Oh no not muh heckin' Zelda, Final Fantasy and Mario64 threads! Where will /vr/ be without the shit that has been discussed to death on a daily basis for 10 years?
>>
>>10902920
>when you make garbage threads it slides actual content off the board
Whatever, threads leave the board and that's the way this site is

>>10902928
>Oh no not muh heckin' Zelda, Final Fantasy and Mario64 threads! Where will /vr/ be without the shit that has been discussed to death on a daily basis for 10 years?
OoT: I like it - OMG very good thread
kek
>>
got one for 13 bucks, it emulates well the best game ever (Cadillacs and Dinosaurs) so it was a good buy
>>
>>10902921
I can see a nipple, you are now banned.
>>
>>10902820
I've never heard of it. what's the deal with it? is it one of those lil emulation handhelds? if so, I definitely like the design more than the others I've seen
>>
>>10904287
It's a chinkheld that's a bit above the Famiclones, but much below things such as the Miyoo and the many Anbernics, if we are talking about quality.
If we consider the quality/price ratio, it is amazing. It was selling for €14,70 today (sorry for the Europoor currency).
I love mine and I use it where I'd be afraid to bring my RG35XX-H.
Oh and it's much more comfortable. It's just the same as an old SNES controller, just a little bit wider and with a screen in the middle.
With the latest firmware, v1.71, it can run most SNES games at an acceptable level.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (6 KB, 142x154)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>10903439
Nah
>>
insane that you think this deserves its own thread when /hhg/ itself is already pushing it lmao

this device doesn't get a lot of discussion in there cause it's literally the most bottom tier chinkheld
>>
is this the same sf2000 schizo or a new one?

the reason nobody cares about it is because it's a cheap piece of shit that sucks, do yourself a favor and stop being a poorfag and get yourself something nice for once
>>
>>10904820
>lmao
>>
I have one
>>
>>10904925
>the reason nobody cares about it is because it's a cheap piece of shit that sucks, do yourself a favor and stop being a poorfag and get yourself something nice for once
At its price-point, €15, it is a masterpiece.
It is also a piece of shit.
I already have an RG35XX-H, and my hands hurt after a while (it's not peak chinkheld ergonomics)
I made this thread because the other one was a reddit-moment
>"I have device 1, 2, 2a, 2b, 3 and 3b. When will device 4 come out? I literally and unironically want it!!!"
Guess I should have made another thread like "FinalFantasy 8 is gay. Prove me wrong"
>>
>>10905879
>makes meaningless new thread to distance from supposed device hoarders
>buys entry-level anbernig chinkheld likely influenced by said hoarders
>decides to buy an even shittier sf2000 after for seemingly no reason, probably because of its price point, aka meaningless reddit consooming
>realizes they bought a piece of shit and needs to find validation by making this thread
>proceeds to ask reddit-tier "has anyone used herpaderpa cope on it" question rather than actually just try things out themselves because op ultimately wishes to engage in the same kind of discourse going on in /hhg/ but is intimidated due to subconscious awareness that they're incapable of contributing meaningful discussion there
>>
buy an ad
>>
>>10905913
>intimidated
Wow, you are tough real hardcore gamer, not like those normies!!!!
>>
>>10905913
Why are you seething over this thread?
>>
>>10902853
It's a device made for playing them, tard.
>>
>>10902920
i love retro gaming discussion as much as the next guy, but you're seriously the most virginal faggot ive seen on this board, no such thing as "content" sliding off this board lmao, lose weight and have sex.
Verification not required. nigger.
>>
Can you swap out the buttons and rubbers for genuine parts?
>>
>>10908375
maybe
>>
>>10908375
>Can you swap out the buttons and rubbers for genuine parts?
Yes, it is 100% compatible with original SNES parts, and all those replicas you can find on AliExpress.
They should also be the same buttons as those on the SN30 Pro controllers by 8BitDo.
I already bought the buttons, now I'm looking if I should also put some tape between the membranes and the buttons to have more "height".
The L and R buttons simply suck, but they have a clicky microswitch under them, and there is not much that can be done about it.
>>
>>10902820
>who has one
literally no one
literally NO ONE WANTS THIS LANDFILL GARBAGE
>>
>>10910269
>literally no one
Literally = millennial Onions word
You could use also "ironically" and "unironically" sometimes
>>
bump
>>
I'm literally waiting for my wife to go to her parents so I can finally mod mine with the SNES buttons like in the first image
It's gonna be a pleasure... mmm...
>>
>>10911381
Bump
>>
File: giga-chad.jpg (60 KB, 500x500)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>10912905
>>
>>10902820
>nobody gives a fuck about this little gem
And they give a fuck even less about your blog
>My post is reddit-tier shit.
Indeed
>>
>>10915104
>And they give a fuck even less about your blog
I'd concede that the SF2000 is shit.
Maybe even more than I'd thought. Probably only good for playing with my hands literally stained with shit and spraypaint.
Anyway... I don't have a blog, sorry, you won't be able to homosexually stalk me
>>
>>10902853
GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU MASSIVE FAGGOT.
>>
>>10902820
Is saving $20 really worth having a potential fire hazard?
>>
Unless someone has bothered making a decent CFW last time I checked this was absolute garbage. I'm talking struggling to run GBA games and tearing out the ass.
>>
>>10915208
>Is saving $20 really worth having a potential fire hazard?
No, it is not, honestly. I checked and the battery lasts for long enough that I'm sure to have time to charge it at home (I don't play for more than half an hour, at least not on handhelds).
And, even if you were to completely discharge your battery, it will "only" be a fire hazard when you charge it.
I've been afraid of Lithium batteries for enough time, that I only charge them when I'm there. I leave on charge at night only my phone.

>>10915281
There will never be a real CFW. Multicore could be nice for some niche ports, but they really need to get their shit together:
- insisting heavily on using Discord for everything is a big red flag. Discord is just an infinite chat, there is no way to categorize stuff into subjects.
- there is no ready-made image with all cores. I will try to make an .img with all the cores when I have some more time, I use Linux for Github stuff, but they can't expect too many users to try this
Anyway, it is a bit like good food and junk food. Sometimes you just want the junk food. For comfort, for a change, whatever.
I want to re-play FFVIII soon, and it will be on the RG35XX-H.
But for mindlessly playing Metal Slug while I'm sitting on a crate full of oily metal parts (yeah sometimes my job takes me to dirty and interesting places), the SF2000 will be ok

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.