[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: remakerino.jpg (20 KB, 244x206)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
Donkey Kong World
-reimagining of DK 64
-8 kongs
-300 gold bananas
-pause to enter tag barrel
-select a team of up to two kongs each time
-no loading screens
-DK Isle has 10 interconnected levels
-two multiplayer modes
--Mario Party like game with all the mini-games from the singleplayer campaign
--Diddy Kong Racing like game where you race through tracks that loop through the different levels
>>
So something imaginary, impossible and autistic?
>>
I instantly write off anybody that wants a switch anywhere feature.
>>
I feel like the character switch problem could be solved by making the game a 2 player coop
>>
>>10882247
>2 player co op
make it 4 player
>>
>>10882048
>So something imaginary, impossible and autistic?
You mean like all video games?
>>
>tfw no World of Donkey Kong mmorpg
>>
>>10882821
WTB FBSS, 2k bananas
>>
>>10882821
I'd take a Kong musou game, too.
>>
File: ea4.gif (302 KB, 220x160)
302 KB
302 KB GIF
>>10882821
>tfw your raid party allowed a feather bow user in
>>
>>10881965
>no loading screens

Loading screens?
You mean the twirling DK transition?
You gotta give the game SOME time to load. It's not like you have to stare at a progress bar for 10 seconds between maps.
>>
>>10881965
You're not going to save DK 64 I am sorry, it's just that bad. There's plenty of other games out there though!
>>
>>10883946
no, you just seamlessly walk throughout the game, even when you jump into barrels it's instantly at the ready-set-go. nonstop kong
the only hesitation, or pause, is when you press the start button. your leading character will hunker down and then leap up into the air as the tag barrel appears to receive you.
>>
>>10882828
Donkey Kong/Nintendo Wars crossover called Gorilla Warfare.
>>
I would’ve made DK 64 a much more linear platformer. Complete the level and go to the next. But that was out of fashion at the time, especially at Nintendo. Banjo has the collectathon thing taken care of for Rare.

I would have made it like the linear Bowser levels in Mario 64 with a little Crash and Sonic Adventure mixed in. Even the linear platforming sections in every world of Rocket: Robot on Wheels fits what I’m describing.

Take some of the gimmicks from DKC 1 and 2 and just translate them to 3D stages and thats some of your levels right there. Like climbing the pirate ships, the hot air balloons, the ropes that slide you up and down, inside the beehives, the rising floor castle, conveyor belt platforms, treetop platforming, the seal cooling down water, it would all translate to 3d pretty well. More animal buddies wouldn’t have hurt and some more open areas with them would have been great.

They got the minecarts right pretty much. Vine swinging wasn’t bad. Some minigames were ok. But I always thought going the collectathon route with some light Lost Vikings style stuff was an uninspired move.
>>
>>10885124
I think it might make more sense if it were like Sonic Heroes. Tagging between two or more kongs on the fly, using their abilities as you scuttle through an environment with some collectibles and some secrets.
Nowadays I am fond on DK 64, and I want to bring it to the present faithfully.
My vision is that it's that Bowser's Fury pack in experience, but it's all Donkey Kong and Co.
Just DK Isle, and the levels are seamless and cross between one another every now and again, so that it feels like one sprawling location.
I think how Mario Odyssey handled the main collectible, Moons, that would be perfect to represent DK 64 today. A metric fuck ton of banana macguffins that you get for exploring, for doing minigames, for beating up enough of some enemy type, for puzzles, for bosses. They could be bundled together, banana hoards, several at once, it just makes sense. Bananas everywhere. Taging between characters, a quick way to jump to the entrance of any level in a pinch, that sort of thing.
(I imagine that with Dk Isle being "one huge interconnected level" that warp pads could get you around between levels, and it would be sound.)
>>
>>10881965
hey watch out about these donkey kong threads
the guy about the youtubers and the revisionism is gonna smell ya
>>
Two Kongs: Donkey and Diddy. They are always together, you can swap between them at-will, or you can play coop. Sometimes they need to be apart to get through challenges.

Final boss is Mario.
>>
Donkey Kong 64-2: EXPAND DONG EDITION
>>
File: 1705261536722498.jpg (418 KB, 1499x1384)
418 KB
418 KB JPG
Why do people always seem to want to play armchair game designer with this game rather than other games they don't like?
>>
>>10885729
like what? I post threads like this periodically about a lot of games. I like conceptualizing of remakes, sequels, or just tweaking some mechanics.
>>
>>10882236
They could have easily solved this by putting more kong barrels in the game
Should be one every major room
>>
>>10885740
Fair enough then. It just seems like we've had an unusually large amount of "how to fix DK64" threads lately.
I'll leave you to it, anon.
>>
>>10885751
sadly I don't think my thread is going to last today, and according to you it's because I picked a game which is over saturated with discussion. boo

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.