[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: final-fight-3.jpg (35 KB, 375x267)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Do you like final fight 2 and 3?
I never see them being mentioned. They're a lot easier than 1 but the special moves are fun to use, 3 even has a super
>>
File: Luciaspecial.webm (2.8 MB, 512x480)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB WEBM
2 is fun but it always feel like "wait, that's it ?" when I play it

I love 3 however. So much replay value, the special moves are fun to use, and the multi paths are cool. Also gotta love that debug mode
>>
>>10873356
2 is OK but it's inferior to Street of Rage 2 in every way (plus it came out later) and adds zero gameplay innovations from the original arcade game. If you pretend the arcade FF1 doesn't exist and only the SNES port does it looks more impressive.
Final Fight 3 does lots of cool stuff but feels a bit "too little, too late." If it came out a year or two earlier it would have been super well received. As a late SNES holdout, I appreciated having something new to play in 1996 though.
Both games at their core are fun to play though.
>>
>>10873434
Isn't there a hack for FF3 that removes the slowdown and ups the enemy count to a more respectable five at a time?
>>
>>10873356
I like 2 and CD but I rarely play 3.
>>
>>10873356
2 was popular at the time, it was the 49th best-selling SNES game. Probably didn't maintain relevancy as well as the first due to the SNES exclusive nature and not seeing as many ports/rereleases as the first game.
>>
I never played this series much, but I always assumed it maintained some kind of lead over streets of rage. But after playing more FF1 recently, I see that wasn’t the case and that SoR quickly became better than FF
>>
>>10873434
Bring this bitch to SFVI
>>
>>10873356
I played through them once, but the SOR games just scratch the beat em up itch a lot better when I'm in the mood.
>>
2 was enjoyable at first, beating it on Normal.
But when you turn up the difficulty, it just turns the enemies into damage sponges. It physically wears out your hand the sheer number of punches you have to throw. No surprise all the high-difficulty playthroughs on youtube are using auto-fire.
>>
>>10873356
1 > 2 = Mighty > 3
It'd be a perfect upward escalation of quality if they had never made Streetwise.
>>
>>10873356
All I had as a kid was Final Fight 2 for the SNES inside a 6-in-1 pirate cart so that's what I went with.
Loved it to death as a kid. Nowadays I can't enjoy anything anymore
>>
What if FF3 was second FF Installing along
>>
The Final Fight SNES games look, sound, and play like bootlegs. Streets of Rage did everything Capcom was trying and failing to do on the SNES, but so much better, which is not surprising considering how constrained and bottlenecked the SNES hardware was compared to the Mega Drive.
>>
File: ka12.png (25 KB, 512x448)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
FF3 is a lot of fun, sure, but no matter how you look at it SoR2 and 3 leave it flopping on the ground like a dying fish.
I've been on the hunt for good SNES beat ' em ups, so far the best I found is the JP only Kamen Rider game
>>
>>10874935
Thanks for the rec!
Gonna check this one out if i ever have a relapse.
>>
File: Why I Use Maki.jpg (33 KB, 238x225)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>
>>10875921
Isn't she afraid that people will get a whiff of ass stink whenever she lifts her leg?
>>
>>10876037
Must be what makes her so fast in alpha 3.
>>
>>10873356
It's funny how FF amd SOR ripped each other off. First, SOR2 had a knockoff Haggar (Max) and then FF3 had a knockoff Zan (Dean), both of whom are objectively shit.
I was autistic for FF3 as a kid. Loved the branching paths and super moves
>>
>>10876037
nah, if that were the case she would be using clothes more like the ones of cammy.
>>
>>10878870
Max is more like Raiden from Fatal Fury.
>>
>>10878870
max is better in SoR2 than haggar is in ff because atleast he has that cool dash special for good movement. haggar is definitely cooler though
>>
>>10873356
Love both SoR and FF series and the genre in general, but man is FF's music a joke by comparison.
>>
>>10881246
>atleast he has that cool dash special for good movement.
It's shit compared to Haggar'd backward body slam
>>
Short haired blonde bombshells are so rare in vidya.
>>
>>10881176
I dunno about that. Post proof.
>>
Capcom planned to port the trilogy to the GBA, FF2 started development but was cancelled after FFone sold like shit.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.