[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000000835.jpg (610 KB, 1179x1218)
610 KB
610 KB JPG
how would you fix the series?
>>
File: IMG_20240422_064404.jpg (372 KB, 620x2048)
372 KB
372 KB JPG
>>55778815
Too late
>>
>>55778815
Tokt was not the same
>>
>>55778815
Coup the US government making myself the ruler of America and forcing GameFreak to make the games better.
>>
Lmao Gen 1 bros UP and we stay up
>>
>>55778815
Have Monolith Soft work on it. SV was fun, but it lacked polish, MS is good at making these kinds of games and their touch would help. Also lower the amount of XP the Exp Share gives,
>>
>>55778821
tf is anpanman
>>
>>55778815
I’d make another Legends ga-wait a minute…
>>
>>55778815
stop pandering to 4 year olds and go back to pandering to 6 year olds
>>
File: 1713817742166585.jpg (343 KB, 633x2048)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
At this point, Pokemon could stop making games entirely and still make more money than the #2 franchise, Hello Kitty. Everything insignificant compared to the sheer amount of merchandise this franchise sells.
>>
>>55778821
Is all the disneyshit split up to prevent people from noticing that they're a lot bigger than Pokemon?
>>
>>55778909
They still need new generation games to shill the new mons to make merchandise with.
>>
>>55778915
Disney isn’t a franchise, it’s a company that owns franchises.
>>
>>55778918
> new generation games to shill the new mons to make merchandise with.
Only a small handful for get anything anyway. Why bother with making new gens when GenWun is so constantly in the spotlight it casts an impossible shadow over everything else.
>>
Oh no, how terrible of genwun to be so iconic that everyone else loves them more than your gay duck.
>>
>>55778821
How on earth does Anpanman earn so much for himself? I understand that it's one of the longest series in Japan, but fuck, it's only known in Japan, really, do people buy ten of his figures every year?
>>
>>55778815
ditch multiplayer entirely and refine the single player experience instead
>>
>>55779044
is the duck in the room with us right now anon
>>
Fix the ice type and the bug type.
>>
>>55778821
most of that is coming from merchandise
and when i say merchandise, i mean millions and millions of pikachu stuffed toys
no one is buying a stuffed toy for some forgettable shitmon like wormadam
>>
>>55779194
Dangerously based.
>>
>>55778815
Mega Floatzel in PLZA
IDRC if the game flops doe, I just want it.
>>
File: IMG_6817.png (123 KB, 640x640)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>55779194
This
Not exclusively for pokemon, but for the entire industry
People nowadays saying they’re not enjoying games anymore, and when you look into what they’re playing you will discover they’re playing online ranking shit. Of course you aren’t having fun because you’re stressing yourself out
>>
>>55779044
psyduck is gay as fuck though
>>
>>55778918
I mean, theoretically if they stopped making games, they could still make new mons in the anime and card game.
>>
>>55778815
when you grow up
>>
Focus on the singleplayer experience first and foremost.
Ditch versions but instead have choices during campaign if incitating people to trade shit is so important.
Make gameplay challenging but not unfair, have difficulty settings. (Available from the start)

Have expansive maps full of shit to find, but nothing mandatory. Just reward exploration, and let the player explore.
If open world, let the player have their ass kicked if they wandered in a too high level area instead of stupid shit like "nooo don't go ther is dangerus :(".

Expand on previous ideas and stop ditching features for the sake of "muh unique game".

Fix the ugly art direction, work for real on the animations (can even be gradual if muh too much work, only refine those for pokemon natively available in the game).

Optimize your fucking engine.

Bring back all mons (not all catchable in the game of course, but something like it was until gen 7).
Bring back megas and give some temporary aura shit to pokemon without megas.
Have megas necessitate high friendship to trigger, so you earn it, instead of insta mega.
Retcon dynamax forms or whatever is their name into megas.
Retcon paradox(was that the name?) into ultra beasts.
Expand on ultra beasts and ultra worlds, let them have a full fauna instead of a single mon per area.
Have a way to get all regional variants of a mon in a single game (holding regional items like lava cookie, old gateau, castelia cone, and so on, defaulting to current region form, obviously).

Maybe more stuff, making me care about the story would be a nice plus.
>>
brutally murder every single gamefreak employee and give the IP to literally anyone else
>>
Either grow up and realise it's not going to be what you want or kill yourself and see will you get a respawn where you can be the target demographic again, but you're 20 years too old to enact any kind of change on your kiddy toy.
>>
>>55780594
Nah. But starting in gen 6 I would've forced them to start running on a 6-year-cycle instead of a 3-year-cycle.
>>
>>55779194
It's insane that pokemon has so many interesting strategies and interactions but it has to appeal to kids so you can't make any obstacles that can't be beaten by just mashing the A button. Frankly I'm surprised that s/v was actually open world, I imagine there's retards who think it's hard because they immediately went to the other side of the map and found lvl 40 pokemon with their new starter.
>>
>>55778815
>pedo

Only haters say this shit. All my friends who like Pokémon and are men are gay
>>
>>55778815
Keep the release scheduele at 3 years.
Release a spinoff game every year.
Order would be.
Mainline, spinoff, spinoff, Mainline, spinoff, spinoff.
And sprinkle in dlc between them.
Open up 3-4 more studios to work on spinoffs and other games.
Give the spinoffs their own pokemon to add to make people interested.
Each games development time now goes from 3 years to 4-5 because they now have more groups working on games in a cycle.
Drop the open world shit, focus more on making a good looking world that makes you want to explore.

Introduce a new game, Pokemon zoo/ranch/whatever Which works as the new pokemon bank, it updates for free with every new gen or new batch released. And it's bundled in with the nintendo online subscription.
It's basically a zoo you can explore and watch your pokemon idle around. Graphically it doesn't matter what they look like you could use the rumble art style for all I care.

Bring back the nat dex in games, you don't have to catch any of the nat dex to fill your completion dex in each game, they don't even need dex entries. Even ban them from online multiplayer for that gen's bracket.

Pkhex feature.
Add into the previously mentioned zoo thing. A way to make the best a pokemon can be with changeable Iv/ev etc. When you unlock a pokemon for the bank you unlock it's moves to, so when you deposit a bulbasaur with a bunch of egg moves, they become available for you to use in the zoo library or to teach the pokemon. Along with mix and matching ev/iv.

If they insist of continuing the open world trend for games can we not randomly get a legendary pokemon that nobody seems to be concerned about. Can we just climb the fucking walls ourselves botw style since they're stealing everything else.
>>
>>55779194
B A S E D
A
S
E
D
>>
>>55778815
Make fairy weak to bug
>>
Do you think TPCi goons would ever get so stumped and desperate for ideas that they'd crowdsource on social media?
>>
>>55778815
More charizard forms tbH
>>
>>55778815
Make steel weak to bug
>>
>>55778815
make water weak to poison
also this >>55781085
>>
>>55781086
no.
Social media would just tell them to make everything a tranny and black.
Also that one comic with bladewolfachu
>>
>>55779299
Ok? That’s the case for any franchise. I’m sure more people are buying darth Vader merch than some disney oc character or buying iron man shit over any externals stuff.
>>
Make every battle double battle.
Megas back permanently.
More Eevee forms.
More Regi forms.
Dexcut Emboar. Permanently.
>>
>>55781129
>make everything a tranny and black
Idk that sounds like it might be worth a shot.
>>
>>55781196
>Make every battle double battle.
This would be good. Imagine a gen where you come from a different region of your choice. And you get two starters.
One from the new game and one from an older gen.

I think i'd want 8 pokemon in a team at that point though.
>>
>>55781229
Two starters is never fun though
>BU-BUT-BUIT XY1111
And they were the shittiest new Gen pair in series history.
>>
>>55781452
> Two starters is never fun
how
>>
>>55781229
Was thinking more like when you go to the gym with only your starter the guy says: fuck off starter speedrunner go catch some new mons and do the pokedex you retard

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.