[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 63587832.png (219 KB, 497x279)
219 KB
219 KB PNG
>We are the spark, that will light the fire that will burn the First Order down
who okayed this line?
>>
>>198625553
>hope is like the sun
>billions of inhabited star systems in the galaxy
>>
>The Dead Speak!
walked out the theatre
>>
Is this that movie where the mystery meat and the lesbian and the old fat cokehead hang out with puppets?
>>
>>198625553
>who okayed this line?
It wasn't exactly "okayed", it was probably kathleen kennedy scared of overruling the BIPoC writer as to not appear racist
>>
I keep saying 'I'll rewatch the Rise of Skywalker, it'll be hilarious' but I am incapable of making it past about halfway, it's a herculean task I'm not up to
>>
>>198625958
It was probably several lines that got crammed together after endless production meetings where everyone had an opinion they wouldn't let go of. That also basically explains the whole movie
>>
For me, it's the many Snoke clones floating inside giant jars.
>>
>>198625553
Alright genius, you come up with a better line then
>>
>>198626560
somehow...the first order burnt down
>>
>>198626560
They burn now?!
>>
there was no one around to okay it, they gave ryan free rein to shitpost as he pleased
>>
>>198626560
We are the 747 laden with jet fuel and screaming passengers who will allahu ackbar into the twin towers of the first order (but also in space because 9/11 probably hasn't happened in this universe yet)
>>
>>198626560
WE wuz sparkz
>>
>>198626560
Dr Palpatine I'm SPARK
>>
Not defending goywars but the line is not as terrible as it is made out to be.
>>
>>198626560
Does it need to be "poetic" ?
I think a simple line delivered straight would work well.
>This is just the beginning, this isn't over until the First Order is no more.

If it does have to be some eloquent speech, then a line as short as it was probably wont do.
>We know what is at stake if we lose. We will not lose. There's no reason to live in a galaxy controlled by the First Order. No. Their days are numbered. Who's with me?
>>
Probably looked better on paper and Isaac has taken the Han solo approach of “you can write this shit but you can’t make me say it”
Since it’s a Disney committee script and not the Lucas team he has to change to “you can write this shit but you can’t make me pretend to like it.”
>>
>>198626560
You’re a big order
>>
>>198629096
Not bad except for the tribal tattoos
>>
>>198625958
>Rian Johnson is bipoc now
>>
>>198626560
We're going to light the fire that burns the First Order down.
>>
>>198625553
probably some girl woman (lady?) bitch
>>
>>198626560
>’ave we started ze fire?
>yesh the fire rishes
>>
>>198626560
>First Order fucking shits, get outta my way!
>>
>>198625553
Dialogue only Retard Johnson could write.
>>
>>198626560
>We are the mouse that will eat the grain that will annoy the farmer that will buy the cat that will get chased by the dog that will run across the street that will cause a car to crash that will cause the traffic that will delay the meeting that will cause the boss to light a cigarette that will drop the ember that will light the carpet on fire that will collapse the building that will spread the asbestos that will cause the First Order to developed mesothelioma in fifteen to thirty years.
>>
>>198625603
None of them would be inhabitable without suns, what's your point?
>>
>>198626560
We are the first spark of a fire, that will burn the First Order dowm.
>>
>>198626560
>we are the malt liquor that will inebriate the husband that will brutally domestic abuse the First Order.
>>
George Lucas.
>>
>>198625553
Me
>>
I am the stone that the builder refused
I am the visual, the inspiration
That made Lady sing the blues

I'm the spark that makes your idea bright
The same spark that lights the dark
So that you can know your left from your right

I am the ballot in your box, the bullet in the gun
The inner glow that lets you know to call your brother son
The story that just begun, the promise of what's to come
And I'mma remain a soldier till the war is won
>>
>>198625553
a woman or an onion
>>
>>198626560
>First one to spark, gets to light the fire
>>
>>198626560
>We are the fingers that hold the match that scrapes the striker that brings the spark that will light the fire that will burn the First Order down.
>>
>>198631927
>a woman
This. Read one page of anything written by Colleen Hoover, the most popular writer on earth now. It’s fanfic level offensively terrible shit, but that’s what modern women think is good writing.
>>
>>198632766
Do you hear that sound? It’s every screenwriter in the world whispering a reverent “FUCK” under their breath.
>>
>>198626560
>We are the match that will strike the paper that with ignite the spark, that will ignite the wick, that will burn the fuse, that will fire the charge, that will detonate the explosive, that will burn the house of the first order down.
>>
>>198626560
>We're going to babu frik the first order!
>>
>>198631727
take out 'a' and thats probably the best response, ill grant that the original line is such a meme that it probably got wayyy more attention than it would have if it was a well written line, not too far from the bane dialog on the plane
>>
>>198626560
>We are the spark that will burn the First Order down.
>>
>>198625553
>We are the spark that will light the match that will ignite the long trail of lighter fluid that will push down a domino set that flips a switch that begins a mouse trap board game that will dump a glass of water on the outlet connected to an active toaster that will set off another spark that catches the nearby curtains and spreads across the house on a hot dry day in california that will spread to the forests and create a uncontrollable fire that will burn the First Order down
yeah im honestly kinda surprised this line made the cut
>>
>>198631587
Kek
>>
>we are the boot that kicks over the bowling ball that rolls down the steel chute that knocks down the bowling pin that knocks over the series of dominos that releases the balloon that knocks over the cup of marbles that all roll down different chutes that lead to switches that activate mechanical robot hands that light matches that ignite the fuse to a bomb that explodes which ignites the lighter fluid that leads to the fire that will burn the first order down
>>
>>198626560
>We are the incontinence that will make the first order piss themselves and run home and cry themselves to sleep from embarrassment
>>
>>198625553
Better than anything in the prequels.
>>
>>198631985

He didn't burn so good!
>>
>>198625553
God damn I thought you were joking but that really is the line
>>
>>198629687
For (you).
>>
>>198626560
The first order...is 20% off when you use code SITH1 at checkout
>>
>>198629562
Both of these are terrible. Just do something like
>we are the spark that will light the fire of rebellion across the galaxy
the only issue with the original is that it's too long and clunky, so just chop off the last clause
>>
How about this one? "That's how we're going to win. Not fighting what we hate. Saving what we love." (forcibly kisses Finn without his consent as laser battling ram takes down door ready to kill her friends)- Rose Tico. Probably the hardest I laughed seeing that played out. Of course you've also got the classic "*sigh* Somehow Palpatine returned." and to actually hear his message you had to play Fortnite at the time.
>>
>>198626560
>the first thing I want done as King of the Ring is to get that piece of crap out of my ring. you sit there and you thump your bible and it didn't get you anywhere. cause you've proven without a shadow of a doubt that you ain't got what it takes anymore. talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16. Austin 3:16 says I just whooped your ass!
>>
>>198637634
this. that's a better version of what they were trying to say
>>
I hate the ST so much it's absolutely unreal
>>
>>198626560
We are the spark, that will land onto a section of the first order, thereby setting that section of the first order on fire. THAT fire will then spread to other sections of the first order, and this ever growing fire, which started from our spark mind you, will eventually burn the first order down.
>>
>>198626560
We are some of the people who will kill some of the people in the first order organization
>>
>>198638827
And in so doing we will be the ones doing that which is deemed to be needful
>>
>>198625553
Still don't know what was going through their minds with this.

What possible story tension is there in defeating the Empire as a bunch of rag-tag underdogs when they failed so spectacularly before, after winning and getting everything they want?

Also, how? Like they are so incompetent they are barely holding on against a mentally unfit teenager and comedic relief, and there's like 12 of them left.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.