[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why cant they get medieval armor right in movies?
Why do modern productions look like they are wearing bits of pleather and scrap metal just hot glued together on some modern riding clothes.
>>
are you asking me rhetorically?
>>
>>198605878
1. Costume designers are usually women, and women notoriously hate history.
2. Black leather is cheaper than full plate armor
Hopefully things will change, I've seen cosplayers make OK looking fake armor out of foam and shit.
>>
>>198606515
Bob Ringwood and Terry English are women?
>>
>>198606636
>usually
You 3rd grade reading comprehension having faggot.
Also Terry English, a man, worked on Kingdom of Heaven, Gladiator, and The Messenger, not really movies with the all leather armor problem OP is talking about, is it?
>>
>>198606827
all made early 2000s or earlier
you also forgot Excalibur
>>
Something else, the use of arns and armor.
People just try to bash uselessly at plate armor, as if a sword will cut through iron plate!
There is none of the actual martial art that went into it and trying to get into the gaps, or the wrestling they could switch to as their weapons became locked and they grappled one another to try to take down to the ground.
And speaking of this, as men-at-arms began to wear full plate a special weapon for defeating this called the Poleaxe emerged: it had a hammer for delivering blunt force, an axe head for breaking the seams, and a spear tip for piercing the seams. Never ever seen this in film or tv.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.