[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0955.jpg (128 KB, 1024x682)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
For those of you who have visited Greece, what were your favorite beaches? Planning a roadtrip with my girlfriend, maybe for late summer. What we care about:
>nice view, sunset view would be nice
>clean water
>shallow enough so she can take a dip, she’s not a great swimmer
>quiet, not overcrowded
>good hotels nearby with parking
>points of interests nearby, cities, historical sites, nature, hiking trails, restaurants
What’s not important
>price of accomodation
>sailing, scuba or snorkeling
>kid friendly, family joints, entertainment
>tourist traps, souvenirs
>nightlife, clubs, cheap drinks
>wild rocky “instagrammable” beaches

Any advice would mean a lot! Went to Sithonia as a kid and it was nice, near Nikiti, but it seems too touristy for us, lot of families going there, not so much a young crowd. But places like Mykonos or Zakinthos just seem filled with roasties and degenerates, drunk on rented scooters. Any place for normal couples, like, a good honeymoon spot? That kinda vibe.
>>
>>2648361
Palaiochora and the Elafonissi beach nearby, something like 15km by car. One of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Also Palaiochora is nice in general, sure it's a tourist village but far from those on the north side of Crete. Much more quiet.
>>
>>2648366
Looks nice, will consider it, cheers!
>>
>>2648361
Balos beach you posted is shallow enough, not even toddlers could drown there. But it's also hard to get there, unless you wanna walk there 40 min. or rent a boat. Elafonissi can be overcrowded during july and august. Zakynthos north west and east is pretty much free of drunk retards, but it's not shallow. Simos beach on Elafonisos is pretty shallow too and quiet during september, not many historical sites though. Another possibility would be Schinias, which is close to Athens and Marathon, mostly visited by locals during the weekends but hardly during the week.
>>
>>2648396
Thanks for the detailed suggestions! I will look into them. Any particular place to stay in Zakynthos you’d recommend?
>>
>>2648361
I've been to a few Greek islands. My favorite spot is Mastichari beach along Kos northwestern coast - small chill village, decent restaurants and a huge sandy beach that doesn't get crowded.
Probably not ideal for your girlfriend though, it often gets pretty windy which whips up the waves - also makes the water murky and sometimes dumps a load of seaweed.
Some other nice shallow water beaches down the southern end of the island that don't get the wind, but they also tend to be more crowded.
>>
>>2648408
Only drove there, I stayed in the south, but around Porta Roxa. Doesn't have the swallow beach, it's pretty rocky, but it's like made for couples with that sunset view. Really nice hotels and apartments, but more pricey. The whole west side overall is rocky, but is way more quiet and really clean water. Not that many historical sites other than the average churches and venetian wells.
>>
Thanks again to everyone for all the replies, i was also wondering about Voidokilia. The distance from built up areas would seem to deter small children and drunkards. There’s a Westin Resort about 15 minutes away, surely it can’t be too hard to rent a bike, i hate driving back from the beach, you never get the smell out the car. Anyone here visited? Seems kinda perfect, but the internet can be misleading.
>>
>>2648361
I'm going to come to Greece and fuck your girlfriend
>>
>>2648602
>The distance from built up areas would seem to deter small children and drunkards.
yes, also if there are no sunbeds or bars on the beach. I haven't been there but I am considering it too.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.