[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Never been to PA, have no interest in civil war shit or trains. I will not go to Philadelphia or Pittsburgh. I've already got a few botanical gardens picked out and I know I'm spending at least one night in Scranton. Recommendations for things like museums, nature preserves, and antique/vintage stores would be appreciated. Also some places to eat. Have a few days to kill so don't mind going out of the way so long as it's worth it.
>>
>>2646827
Thinly veiled prostitution/sex tourism thread
>>
>>2646827
Another big The Office fan huh? Same here buddy haha
>>
>>2646830
It's a convenient stop with decent hotels I do not give a dman if they happened to make a shitty TV show there.
>>
Unfortunately, I-80 is extremely boring. Scranton-Wilkes Barre is totally rundown and there is basically nothing but farms and farm towns between it and State College-Bellefonte. There’s some state parks like Bald Eagle and the Elk Visitor Center might not be too far if you care to see some Elk. There are some small waterfalls and such. But that’s really all that comes to mind. I’m sure Google can yield some lists of lesser known sights. You’ll find plenty of good places to eat and drink in State College.
>>
>>2646832
>MICHAEL!
haha
>>
File: 20230825_180802.jpg (1.76 MB, 3699x2774)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
Get an Altoona style pizza and hit a state park
>>
>>2646827
Knoebels but it’s a bit off the freeway. Otherwise just keep going until you’re out of the state. The turnpike is an easier drive through and has some more stuff close to it but it costs a lot especially if you don’t have EZ Pass
>>
>>2646903
What the fug
>>
>>2646827
78 is a much better drive than 80 through PA, at least until the Harrisburg area for sure. There are some okay state parks near Pocono Raceway and a place to rent guns, but there are at least two places you can do that on 78 too. The only thing that 80 has over 78 is the Delaware Water Gap.
>>
>>2646916
Knoebel’s was fun to take the kids 20 years ago. I wouldn’t go now. Same problem as the rest of Eastern PA now.
>>
>>2646827

There are many pretty waterfalls and covered bridges.

Doolittle Station is a restaurant, brewery + inn made out of old train cars. Has a museum too.

Also the Choke & Puke Diner which is actually pretty good lol
>>
>>2646827
there's nothing on i80, everything is on the us22/PRR or us30/turnpike corridors.
plenty of trees though: pine creek gorge, kinzua bridge, any of the state forests and parks and game lands

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.