[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_5723.jpg (801 KB, 1170x1176)
801 KB
801 KB JPG
How many bad reviews complaining about the same thing before you should take it seriously? This resort has 4.5 stars on trip advisor and nearly 10000 reviews but in the past year there has been atleast 20 reviews from what I can see, which say they or their family were repeatedly sexually harassed by the workers groping and things like that. I’d be going with my gf so that’s the only reason I’m questioning this other than that the place looks amazing.
>>
>>2643454
90% of bad reviews are Americans bitching about "rude service"
>>
>>2643459
Right but I’m not talking about bad service reviews
>>
>>2643454
I mean, if you're not exaggerating(which is a tall ask on an imageboard, granted), then that's definitely a trend. Maybe it's one shitty worker at the place. I find it odd they wouldn't have been fired if it's that frequent though.
>>
>>2643479
I’m not exaggerating. I’m from europe and the hotel is in the Dominican republic so idk how things work over there when it comes to firing employees.
>>
20 reviews over a year with 10000+ done is nothing

Keep in mind people are fucking stupid most the time
>people are trying to get shit free or refunds
>people misbooked something and didn't check for some fee or whatever so need to complain
>people booked the cheapest option not realizing X service wasn't included
>people assumed all the bullshot pictures of the 5 star luxury suites were their rooms or places to stay

Once you realize most the reviews are by Karens or poors trying to get refunds/free shit you stop taking reviews so seriously. if the place has 10k reviews and a 4.5 star rating without the last 100+ being 1 star due to shit that is like mold, bedbugs, lack of utilities you're fine.

>which say they or their family were repeatedly sexually harassed by the workers groping and things like that.
I'll take shit that never happened for 1000!
>>
The only time I care about reviews is when every single person says the place is a filthy dump, or they complain about a bait-and-switch scam where the owner declares the reservation invalid and then offers a room for a higher price after you arrive. Otherwise, they are irrelevant. Shitty hostels get 9.0+ ratings all the time, while a perfectly good budget hotel with only minor wear & tear might have a 5.7 rating.
>>
>>2643493
you’ve clearly never been to the Caribbean with a woman. All the men over there think white women are easy especially if they’re drunk.
>>
>>2643896
I have I just don't go to resorts or %chain% places.
>>
Nothing anyone says could outweigh 'recent trend of customer harrassment" imo. If the recent posts have regular complaints every so often its shit. This could be the beginning of the end. Like a game on steam that got a garbage update. Questionable service is one of the only definitive reasons i wouldnt give a place money.
>>
>>2643454
I only worry if there's a lot of reviews bitching about the same thing either in a short time range before my booking or spaced evenly throughout the hotel's entire existence. If it's a streak of "X is shit" that was 10 reviews a year ago and then the topic disappeared entirely, I ignore it. Otherwise there's an obvious trend that'll likely affect me too.
Bedbugs are the sole exception. I see a single review about bedbugs ever, into the trash it goes. I don't care if "they surely fixed it afterwards and just didn't spot them in time", if a single customer had to go through these, you irredeemably fucked up.
Oh yeah, and I'm also extremely sceptical of any place that does not provide pictures of the bathroom. Always a good reason for that.
>>
>>2643454
google reviews are good

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.