[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0817.jpg (838 KB, 4032x3024)
838 KB
838 KB JPG
Semi nomad. How would one go about getting real work (not like WWOOFing) without the rigamarole of applications, fake interviews, and penis inspections. If anything I would prefer real interviews.
My ideal is showing up to a farm in Amish country and then working until the sun goes down.
I don’t want to take up something where the first few months i’m just “putting my time in” before i’m allowed to do something.
How did you find or build your employment that works well for you.
>>
>>2642564
hang outside home depot type store, offer a helping hand to people who look like they have a big project
>>
File: making my way downtown.jpg (462 KB, 985x1193)
462 KB
462 KB JPG
>>2642564
what do you mean "real work"? if you are talking about amish farming you just got to find a farm and talk with the people and maybe you can learn some shit as you put in the work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrhAC0dFis0
>>
You have to understand that most farm workers are drunkards, scumbags, schizos, or lazy people. The reason they have you just show up and do tasks any retard can do for a few months is to see if you will actually keep showing up on time and sober. And for all that, you get a job that pays $5/hr because the labor pool is a bunch of illegal Mexicans….
>>
Get a PO box
Done.
>>
>>2642564
write a fake address
>>
>>2642600
Sí señor
>>
>>2642600

Does this work if you're not Mexican?
>>
>>2643629
It actually sounds so chill in these grunt factories because you work when you want, you get paid by weight. Only problem is doing that won't give you a girlfriend in hell. Somebody fucked up when they created reality because buddy that is a fucking prison sentence.
>>
>>2643631
PO Box is ineligible as a domicile address. The only time I've found a PO Box to be useful in the past few years is when I had to renew my passport. Not sure if you can have that sent general delivery... Getting my driver's license was a big hassle; the initial license bounced because the address I had it mailed to was not my official residence, so I paid $12 for a replacement license. No address requirement for the replacement, kek.
I registered my vehicle using the address of the guy who sold it to me. Strangely enough, cops don't give a fuck about the address on your registration slip matching with the one on your driver's license. But getting your vehicle registered in the first place can be a problem. States have even started cracking down on private mailbox services that many nomads have been using as domiciles to register their RVs and vans.
I had a friend who gave me permission to use his daughter's address as a domicile after I helped reconnect him with his old meth dealer. I never met her or visited the property, but for five years it was listed as my legal residency. I even used it to cast my vote in 2016. Whenever any official gave me trouble about it, I'd tell them "I don't have a house, but that's the address I claim as a legal residence".
>>2643636
Then what? Stake out their mailbox and swipe your shit out of it when it finally arrives?
>>
>>2643629
Farmworkers are lazy. LMFAO. What a load of crock.
Beet harvest in North Dakota is a major moneymaker every fall for all sorts of traveling folk. You work twelve hour shifts, either day shift or night shift, 7 days a week until the harvest is complete. Harvest work is definitely in my radar to top up my travel fund for another six plus months in Asia next winter. My van's gotta last the summer though...
>>
>>2644325
>put down address you grew up in/friends place
>put shipping address as PO box
>"hey anon why are these different?"
>Oh I've moved here and a friend offered me his place till I got a feel for the area so I just have a PO box for most things right now till I get my apartment settled."

Wow... so fucking hard
>>
>>2642564
get remote work
>>
>>2644329
Is that the kind of back-breaking work that turns you into a cripple at 40?
>>
>>2644384
Better to go paperless and avoid getting mail in the first place. A PO Box does NOT legally qualify as a domicile in any jurisdiction. So knock it off with the USPS shilling.
Getting an ID requires verification of your physical address in virtually every state nowadays. South Dakota is the only exception, I think. You can spend one night in a campground there and have it listed as your official domicile on your driver's license.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.