[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: libertyleadingthe people.jpg (379 KB, 1600x1264)
379 KB
379 KB JPG
This is a question that came up on my end. In brief, the setup is that the women of an Elven clan have been abducted by an up-and-coming empire, in an attempt to create magical offspring.
The party teams up with the clan's warriors, who are understandably furious and want their women back.
However, the clan leader's wife has already produced a child with her rapist, whom she cherishes. The clan leader, mortally wounded, begs the PCs not to rescue her, but to kill her and her half-breed offspring to eliminate the stain on her clan's honor (and to satisfy his own internal asshurt at being cucked.)

Does any of that sound remotely compelling to you? It was just brought up as a plot point, and (frankly) I think it's pointlessly grim and edgy to force the PCs to choose between a group of rapists and one who enforces honor killings. (If it isn't obvious, the elves are basically Islamic fundamentalists.)
How do I convince the DM that this is a stupid fucking subplot?
>>
>>92608670
Slap him, right across the chops.
>>
Honor kill the DM by ass raping him to death. He brings dishonor to the hobby and for that he gets death
>>
To prevent further grimness, you're going to have to adopt the baby. To really hack off the Elves, name him after his late grandfather.
>>
>>92608670
The clan leader is correct.
>>
>>92608781
Not that guy, but it seems kind of awful to have to adopt a rape-baby. What kind of life is the kid going to have?
>>
>>92608670
This sounds like Tanis Half-Elven from The Inheritance, unless they de-canonized the book.
>>
>>92608670
Tell your DM to stop reading NTR hentai.
>>
File: amahara2.png (53 KB, 276x200)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
This is the same setting and events that you've greentexted before, but last time it was in a "player freakout" thread. I think there's a few people who're just obsessed with coming up with cuck games and then sweating and panting and saying "what do you do!!"
>>
File: FxS3oCzacAE5RbE.jpg (233 KB, 1080x1390)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>92608670
>It was just brought up as a plot point, and (frankly) I think it's pointlessly grim and edgy to force the PCs to choose between a group of rapists and one who enforces honor killings
Honour Killings like this were the norm for all of human history and still are outside of the Western world, it's definitely not just a Muslim thing. It's an important catharsis for the community and the killing absolves her relations of some of the shame, though obviously it would have been better if she hadn't been raped, or if she'd killed herself before the rapist violated her. Letting her lives taints everyone she was close to by association, you're not doing anyone a kindness by flouting their custom and risking their honour and spiritual purity.

Whether it's over the top grimderp will depend entirely on the tone and the world. If your GM has put in the effort to make the world feel like it actually is set in an era very different from our own own, then I think you're overreacting - there's nothing wrong about pre-modern settings having pre-modern moral codes.
If it's your typical kitchen sink D&D game where everyone acts like a modern liberal Bay Area dweller with the exception of the occasional light hearted joke at the expense of those stubby dwarves or girly elves, then by all means, refuse the request.
>>
>>92608749
This. Political games? Fine. Magical realm? Fine. Political magical realm? I'm afraid that's a paddling.

>>92609416
'What if' scenario to further their fetish, where people who respond genuinely are participating by taking a stroll in their forest. They can't do it in real life, for obvious reasons, but /tg/ has at least a portion of users who will roleplay it out which is just as good as someone actually engaging in sexual roleplay intentionally. This is my headcanon, at least.
>>
>>92608670
Yeah, that sounds plenty compelling. You're just a faggot.
>>
>>92608670
You had one job Jann
>>
>>92608670
>the women of an Elven clan have been abducted by an up-and-coming empire
They're orcs aren't they OP?
>>
>>92608670
>Does any of that sound remotely compelling to you?
In the sense that we now have a campaign where we're trying to protect an innocent kid from being killed by elves, yes.
>>
>>92608670
I mean, it's interesting if not played for kink value. Personally I'm not killing the kid or the woman unless paid (and handsomely at that). It's the elf clan's honor at stake, they're no kin of mine.
>>
>>92608670
I'd join the imperials, unless they also are islamic fundamentalists.
>>
>>92609457
>you're not doing anyone a kindness by flouting their custom and risking their honour and spiritual purity
He's doing a kindness to enemies of those elves. The elves are hopeless and not worth helping, especially if they first thing of their family honor over protection from being invaded.
>>
>>92608670
adopted the baby to be the wizards protege.
adopted the she elf to be the cum dump.
>>
>>92612353
You mean the rapists?
>>
>>92608670
Pretend you did it, but instead provide the means for her to escape with the child. That kid has the makings of the protagonist of a Greek tragedy with a backstory like that, and it's your duty to be a part of that tale.
>>
>>92608670
Isnt it wild that whenever /tg/ makes up a story, it somehow always is about rape? Funny thing, outside of made up internet stories i never encountered such a theme within an actual game. Like, ever. And im doing this for 17 years now
>>
>>92612367
To be fair it's as a good a reason as any not to be a whore
>>
>>92615243
Yeah, I think a lot of people are overlooking the fact that the empire has institutionalized rape.
>>
>>92612367
Like I said, honour killings are what societies who don't have access to a time machine do as a second best. You can't unrape her, but you can wash away the shame of it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.