[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 4r6lol6kqbg91.jpg (76 KB, 729x908)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
A player tries to kill another players character.
Do you take it to combat, do you talk about it to solve whatever is causing the player to try and kill another players character, or do you completely shut it down and perhaps kick the source of tension from the game?
>>
>>92599742
Helmets and gloves in the parking lot.
>>
>>92599742
If players want to go after each other, I'm not going to stop them. They have a job to do though, so I hope that after they're done wailing on each other they have enough resources to actually complete that job.

If it continues to be a problem due to out of game shenanigans, I probably wouldn't invite them again or err on the side of whoever I liked more. I don't make friends with anyone who would act like that though.
>>
>>92599742
depends on the game and if its consistent roleplay or griefing doesn't it
useless question
>>
Let them fight
One character can die and if it is a problem for you to run the campaing without one PC then you should doubt your abilities as a GM.

If the characters have a legit reason to kill each other then i see no problem. The problem is when a player EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME plays a character which not only is looking for a fight, but also has to be a special snowflake and get everything has to be tailored to his liking.Even if everything goes smoothly he just decides that his character goes away because "there's nothing for him to gain by being in this group and it is "what his character would do".

I had a person like this. After his 3rd character i had enough and kicked the fucker not only from my campaign, but also from life. Best decision ever.
>>
>>92599742
Shut it down. This is a cooperative roleplaying game, not an online shooter. If one or more players puts up a stink about it, kick them but otherwise calm things down and try to resolve the conflict sociably.
>>
>>92599747
Is everyone cool with it? Then let them fight like normal.
>>
>>92599747
>>92600107
sorry lol meant to reply to OP not you
>>
>>92599802
tpbp
>>
File: P9Q.jpg (73 KB, 550x541)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>92599747
>>
>>92599860
I was in a Star Wars game where the characters start out in an outpost owned by one of the PCs, and most of the rest are new arrivals. Through a series of mishaps (such as one player asking a Moff, casually, in public, about buying military grade weapons) the Empire comes down on the place and we have to bail. We get on the ship, and the character that owned the outpost decides they want to punish the PC that fucked up and shoots him in the face, rolls a crit, and permanently blinds him. It ended up fracturing the group so badly that the campaign died right there, half the characters were in no way interested in staying on a ship with that kind of psychopath.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.