[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Tragic Clown.jpg (9 KB, 250x259)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
What are you doing with wanna be clowns as DM? Do you keep them or just kill a PC right away? Or even kick a player?
>>
Use your words like a grown up.
>>
>>92581976
Maybe the real clown was the OP who made this thread
>>
>>92581962
Generally just shape in-game reactions to their antics a bit if they're not incredibly disruptive, but if it's the kind of thing that'll turn the entire game into a Tom Green skit from his Canadian TV days I'll speak to them out of character and ask them to stop.
>>
>>92581976
I always see people give this advice on /tg/, but the whole reason that people come here in the first place is that they're probably looking for what angle they can approach that talk.
Also, yeah you can call people out on their shit, but how do you do it in a way that won't eventually make everyone see YOU as the asshole?
>>
>>92583277
Typically you talk to them about the issues you have with them as a player after the game, and preferably 1-on-1 so you dont have the peanut gallery jumping to their defense every time you being up an issue.
>>
>>92581976
He can't because he doesn't actually care about the threads he makes.
>>
>>92581962
Play everything they try to do straight until the consequences of their actions inveitably catch up to them. If they don't like it they can start acting differently or leave. If they are disruptive enough to ruin the game, the other players will want them gone.
>>
>>92583298
This is actually good advice.
>>
>>92583277
Why do you need someone to tell you what angle to approach it from, just tell him that you don't want wacky joke characters in your game.
>>
>>92583277
>what angle they can approach that talk
You were just told: like a grown-up.
>call people out on their shit
No, retard: like a grown-up.
And presumably like they are also a grown-up.
>>
Can you people stop dismissing each and every group problem with this dumb "just talk to him bruh" stupidity?
People don't "just talk" because the moment you tell someone you've got a problem, unless he's unequivocally and evidently annoying everyone else in the game, you automatically put yourself at the center of this conflict where the other guy will not yield because he doesn't give a shit, so you are forced to become the aggressor and make yourself the bad guy. Talking never fucking works. If talking worked nobody would have invented poison
>>
>>92583444
>like a grown-up.
Only children think that adults do everything one way, you fucking idiot. Only when you've grown up and lived in the real world do you realize there are no "Grown ups" and there is no "adult" method.

For fucks sake
>>
>>92583496
If talking doesn't work you kick him from the group, playoids are a diamond dozen.
>>
>>92581962
>>92583347
This player has the right idea.

>I want to sit on the king's lap!
As you separate from the party, the guards look at you. Once they realize you are approaching the king for no stated reason they stand in front of you, blocking your way. They ask you what you're doing.
>I tell them I want to sit on the king's lap!
The guards are ready to protect the king. They ask you to step back.
>I try to run past them!
The guards attempt to pin you to the ground. [Rolls] They succeed.
>I try to give the guard a kiss!
The guards beat you into unconsciousness and carry you to the dungeon. (Scene proceeds without the player.)
>>
Why do Americans fear clowns so much?
>>
>>92583646
Why do people on 4chan have to talk about "Americans" so much? What is the obsession?
>>
>>92583496
>People don't "just talk"
Skill issue.
>>92583579
>there is no "adult" method
Skill issue.
Fucking hell, how do you cunts even survive without being able to even recognise basic conflict resolution skills? No, "talk about it" does not mean saying the magic words that make them bend to your will. It means telling them that you have a problem with their behaviour and explaining it to them. And - importantly - listening to their point of view as well.
Maybe you'll learn that what you each want from the game is incompatible. Unless you're Siamese twins that's fine, just don't play together any more.
>>
>>92581962
Make a worse NPC who makes practical jokes about rape.
>>92581976
Nowadays?
>>92583277
This. First post is worst post because it has two main faults: first it implies you don't behave like a grown up, and that the advice to behave like a grown up is enough.
>>92583496
Talking works but it needs the other person to not be a Redditor, Twitch user, or Tiktok addict.
>>
I don't mind some clowning around in my games as long as everyone's into it and it fits the vibe of the game. If it starts getting too much, I don't let them backtrack and make their little joke be what their character actually does, like >>92583347 suggested. It shows them that they can make jokes if they like but it should either be fitting with the characters if said in game or be clear that it's just OOC banter between players. Never had a problem since I started doing this as my friends eventually learned when it is and isn't appropriate
>>
>>92583773
1) The United States is a foreign culture to 95.7% of the world population AND
2) The United States projects a great deal of soft power in the form of media exports AND
3) 4chan is known to be mostly but not exclusively North American posters THEREFORE

this is an obvious and convenient place to ask Americans directly "what's your fucking deal and do you have any idea how stupid School Buses look to the rest of us?"
>>
>>92586145
> school buses

It's prison transport, but for children. Who cares what it looks like?
>>
File: evadem.gif (412 KB, 1024x1024)
412 KB
412 KB GIF
>>92581962
What if I am a clown GM?
>>
>>92581962
This isn't English
>>
>>92583646
There was a serial killer who worked as a clown.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.