[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 23.jpg (72 KB, 720x720)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
What fields of computer science still have Alpha?.

Can I still create a Computer Science unicorn?

Help me out Formal /sci/ence bros. What asymmetric path should I study?
>>
>>16144725
Fuck off to /biz/ you dumb tranny. You will stay poor and a man.
>>
>>16144729
Im not a tranny tho. Im asking for academic consultation from the esteemed /sci/ientists on this board.
>>
Off topic kys
>>
>>16144733
It is directly pertanining to academic computer science. Which is a formal science, and thus belongs on this board. Being bitter isnt good for you
>>
>>15833839
>Reminder: /sci/ is for discussing topics pertaining to science and mathematics, not for helping you with your homework or helping you figure out your career path.

>If you want advice regarding college/university or your career path, go to /adv/ - Advice.
>>
>>16144750
Its like you guys are trying to be boring
>>
>>16144725
if you were capable of doing this you wouldnt be asking this question on 4chan
>>
>>16144725
Yo...thats a cold sore, dawg...
>>
>>16144771
Why are you all so negative.
>>
If you really wanted to make a difference you could invent a machine learning fuzzing tool that can automate unit testing
>>
>>16144802
I dont want to make a difference, I want to make a unicorn
>>
>>16144725
Basically just learn how to lie to VCs to hype them up and defraud them. None of the "college dropout unicorn CEOs" that ended up on the Forbes under 30 list is still outside of jail today.

Make sure you're dropping out of a t20 uni.
>>
>>16144802
This is actually a really good idea Anon, but can't co-pilot kinda do it anyway?
>>
>>16144839
> t20 uni
Unfortunately not the case. Im shy anyways. Id rather do it without VC funding, atleast at the start.
>>
I want ACADEMIC advice in this thread though. Like what niche area of computer science should I delve into to make a unicorn /sci/bros.
>>
>>16144846
>Im shy
Then you're NGMI, so I don't see any point in wasting time on you.
>>
>>16144849
It's really not about being an expert in a niche at the academic frontier of computer science.
Have you read all the Paul Graham essays? They make that pretty clear.
>>
>>16144894
Wont I be outcompeted by people with capital then, if its easily reproducable?
>>
>>16144899
>>16144894
Ill (re?)read his essays then. I just dont have a high enough social capital to leverage into anything lel
>>
>>16144725
Are you a fellow femboy computer scientist?
>>
>>16144922
Yes!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.