[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Im serious about increasing my intelligence, as close to an IQ of 130. I’m looking into nootropics and actually forcing myself to read older books on philosophy and science. I want to be able to read and write like the people of the past, compared to the short fatuous writing styles of the modern internet. I want to increase my biological cognitive capacity with whatever tools I have present today. I want to be able to understand abstract ideas like higher level math and logic puzzles. I want to develop and create new sophisticated cognitive modules like complex linguistic representations or longterm planning or abstract reasoning.
>>
you sure do seem to like talking about yourself on social media
>>
>>16138994
Classic
>>
>>16138496
Not even a bump?
>>
>>16138496
None of this shit works. The only way to get smarter is fixing your diet and exercising, to get as close to your genetic peak as possible. Everything else is placebo or meta-gaming the test itself.
>>
>>16140690
Like practicing IQ tests? I heard a lot of good things on LSAT logic puzzles
>>
>>16138496
best way to increase intelligence is to surround yourself with ultra intelligent people and repeat what they say. since ultra intelligent people are rare, you can achieve this via proxy by watching them on yt and then emulating them.
lex fridman, rogan and jordan peterson are good places to start.
>>
>>16138496
Literally just absorb information. Abandon notions of interest. Just consume data and categorize it's relevancies and correlations in multi spectrum. Do this with everything. Synaptics.
>>
>>16138496
cringe and gay but in all seriousness the fact you want knowledge makes you smarter than most people and thats what matters.

keep in mind older books on science, outside of the theoretical types have issues.
>>
>>16141594
That doesn't make you smarter or more intelligent. It only makes you better at taking IQ tests.
>>
>>16143057
how will that help him with creative problem solving? the fact that he knows a lot doesn't mean that he'll be able to solve a problem he'll face. and that's what iq is really about. ability to think critically in order to solve problems, comping up with formulas that you can apply to specific task. not the knowledge about whatever topic
>>
Intelligence cannot be increased, only knowledge, we've known this for a long time.
>>
>>16138496
stopped readin at IQ
>>
>>16143879
This world caters to the midwits. As long as you learn the information, you’ll be eligible to competently complete something. You won’t be a standout, but who cares.
>>
>>16138496
i got my iq tested to join mensa, it's 137. trust me, most of them are still midwits whose major strength is solving puzzles, they just solve puzzles faster and more intuitively. high iq won't make your life better. it will just emphasize how little other people understand about reality and that knowledge will make you feel suicidal. ignorance is bliss
>>
>>16142602
>lex fridman, rogan and jordan peterson are good places to start.
kys nigger.
Borcherds and wildberger is the way to go
>>
>>16138496
Iq is a meme. It's very useful in large population samples since the error cancels out but it's not the best for individuals. In individuals, rigerous multifaceted tests like the WAIS are far better. Further, when evaluating the WAIS, the GAI score is probably a better metric of g than the actual FSIQ score.

Interestingly about the WAIS if I recall correctly, the "information" subtest had the highest g loading despite being entirely a test of g-crystallised. Further, iff my memory serves me correct,tests for g-crystallised tends to have fat higher g loading overall than something like digit span or cancellation. Leading me to believe that rather than trying to "raise your iq" you should just focus on learning shit; maybe you'll hit a brick wall but generally, I don't think there's too much content on earth you can't just brute force by thinking and working harder on if you're seemingly in the range of wanting to increase to 130.

>>16145116
Mensa is a meme, I'd imagine the official mensa tests probably give inflated scores due to conflict of interest. It would make sense too. No one on the real world tends to care about mensa other than it's own members or nerds who think that the brain can be immediately summed up in one number.
>>
>>16138496
the base iq you get is genetic and it doesn't increase or decrease
you can just get knoledge/experience which is the real thing that matters anyways
you cannot understand a thing by just being smart
>>
>>16145150
it depends on the test they use every year. this year they're using RAIT so the test is weighted towards processing speed
>>
>>16145155
If I recall correctly, processing speed tends to have the lowest overall g loading. do not get me wrong; in terms of practical every day life it's probably one of the most important things, however in terms of anything anyone wanting to join some "high iq society" would get value out of, i don't know. High processing speed seems far more useful for someone who wants to be a professional gamer or something than someone who would be interested in a club of people who talk about conventional smart people stuff. Very interesting to hear.
>>
>>16138496
>Qualitative intelligence amplification?
amphetamines
>>
>>16143879
because it's not linear
being good at one task also vastly improves your ability to solve other, related tasks.
The key factor being what "related" means in this context.
>>
File: rats.jpg (18 KB, 384x384)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>16138994
>>16144965
>>16145116
>>
>>16145221
seething midwit

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.