[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I just picked up a D700 tonight with 3 lenses, a 24-120 F/3.5-5.6D, a 28-85 F/3.5-4.5, and a 70-210 F/4-5.6. I got all these lenses plus a N8008s for $200. I was thinking of just reselling them online and making a little profit but I really like how the D700 feels and I think I'm going to keep it at this point. That being said, the same person I bought the D700 and lenses from is also selling a D3 for $300 and they gave me the option of returning the D700 body and adding an extra $100 on my end for the D3. From what I can see online, they're identical except for the built in grip and faster continous shooting for the D3. That being said, should I get the D3 instead? Does anyone have any experience with both of these cameras and have a preference for one over the other?
>>
Unless you shoot sports there is zero reason to choose a D3 over a D700. I don’t think there’s a valid toughness / build quality argument as the D700 is already built like a tank.
>>
File: IMG_20240411_073818_073.jpg (98 KB, 1280x851)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
Na keep that shit, the only thing the D3 has over the D700 is FPS which comes at the cost of permanent bulk. You can get a battery grip for the D700 for those times you want extra speed.
Nice kit of lenses there btw, dont sell any of those either, add a 50 1.4 and you're golden.
>>
>>4302991
D3 is just D700 with a permanent battery grip and second card slot. If you're not using it as a primary body for weddings then who cares about the second slot?
Also, adding the right battery grip to D700 van increase FPS just about to match.
Definitely get one of the nikkor 50mm lenses, maybe also 35-70 2.8D
>>
The D3 shutter is rated for longer life than the D700, but all in all I’d say the D700 is way more practical and the camera you’re more likely to bring with you. Stick with it. Get some small primes. Maybe keep the 24-70, sell the rest.

Consider the 35 f/2 af-d, 85 1.8 af-s, 180 2.8 af-d. A 50mm 1.8 af-d is dirt cheap and a really great lens too.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.