[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (2.94 MB, 1800x1200)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB PNG
*Murders the retro look market in your path*
>>
Held one. Really nice camera with some odd button placement and some questionable plastics.

Honestly the assisted manual focus features are good enough to forgive all of that, but if people complained about the Fuji's build quality boy oh boy are they going to be in for a surprise here.

Also I can't imagine using this with its native glass.
>>
>>4299458
>if people complained about the Fuji's build quality boy oh boy are they going to be in for a surprise here.
Really? The universal consensus seems to be it's far more solidly built than any Fujifilm camera.
>Also I can't imagine using this with its native glass.
Yeah it's super weird that they don't have at least one z mount lens to match the camera's vibe.
>>
>>4299459
Yeah I run an x-pro for years and that thing felt a lot more substantial than this.
It's the top plate specifically that gives off a cheap feeling with its plastic and buttons that don't quite sit properly.

With that said I really liked it. I put some of my Leica glass on it and just walking around with a friend I could easily get shots that would have been an effort with anything else.
>>
File: DSCF0951.jpg (448 KB, 2000x1146)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
>>4299457
Am I cool yet?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T30
Camera SoftwareCapture One 20 Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)41 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Exposure Time1/180 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1250
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Brightness2.9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length27.00 mm
Image Width2000
Image Height1146
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>4299460
>It's the top plate specifically that gives off a cheap feeling with its plastic and buttons that don't quite sit properly.
What? The Zf has a metal top plate and brass dials.
>>
>>4299460
it has brass dials. Are you talking about the fucking zfc?
>>
>>4299464
>>4299463
I didn't say they were plastic I said they were wobbly. If you read online it is probably people's main complaint.

And if the top plate was metal and then they definitely fooled me, because it felt cheap and hollow.
>>
lol @ the suffering of zf larpers over meaningless autism

thanks for beta testing the z6iii for modernchads
>>
>>4299467
>modernchads
Contemporary cameras have sovlless aesthetics and are made for "professional" dipshits who think shooting weddings for their college friends is a career.
>>
>>4299462
Yes.
>>
>>4299458
is it really that heavy and big and uncomfortable to hold even with grip?
>>
>>4299528
Not heavy but big. so it feels more heavy than actual.
the touch is awful. like literal plastic shit.
nikon made that 40mm compact? lens for the retro camera and it looks also awful in real sight, not look on the monitor.
only positive is that other company other than fuji started making more looking good cameras.
i really wish canon and sony do the same thing.
I despise dslr design.

See it with your eyes in real. grab it with your hands in real. and if you still can bare with it, i think it will be a good camera for you.
>>
File: ft3.jpg (2.86 MB, 4032x3024)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB JPG
There was a time when even consumer-grade cameras were solid chunks of metal and sovl.
>>
File: IMG_9352.jpg (588 KB, 1800x1188)
588 KB
588 KB JPG
>>4299484
>”sovl”
Disregarded. Go back to anime club you hipster fuck.

Horizontal Resolution100 dpi
Vertical Resolution100 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1800
Image Height1188
>>
Had mine since launch, really enjoy it. Dial functionality is still bad, and would love some firmware updates. Still overall prefer my T5, but Zf is favorite ever for my mf glass.
>>4299460
My x-pros feel much better balanced, but I'd say Zf feels more substantial to me for sure. The top plate definitely feels off. I noticed it immediately, but I think the real problem is the weight distribution within the camera. It feels hefty and solid, but the weight feels really concentrated to like the lower right, which makes the top plate feel less solid than they might actually be. Feels less dense than it should be, almost like the body itself is a cage around the actual camera, not apart of it. The grip really helped alleviate this feeling for me.
>>4299465
My dials have a small amount of play, but I wouldn't consider them wobbly at all, on par with most other dials I've used. I browse a few other places, and haven't seen this as a complaint yet.
>>4299528
Stock, I'd put it on par with like a 50R or Sigma DPM, just blocky and honestly bad feeling. Grip makes feel normal, but further adds to the heft. Does feel on the larger side of mirrorless models too.
>>
File: fujiwatch.png (844 KB, 2415x460)
844 KB
844 KB PNG
>>4299484
If you don't understand how a literal fake film camera has no soul, you're beyond saving.

To put it frankly, I see them like pic related. Lifeless capitalist cash grab. Simple thought process: Hipsters are irrational and irresponsible spenders, nikon wants their money. If you want soul, shoot a real film camera, not a generic digital camera with the spinny copper contact wheels styled after last century's race to the bottom line.
>>
>>4299558
>a literal fake film camera has no soul
Yashica Y35 Digifilm is a sovlful snapshitter type device that was ahead of its time.

>>
>>4299561
It has soul because it committed to what it was instead of just being a Z6III with worse ergos

And I feel the same way about the direction fuji went when they ditched superior bayer and went all in on retro cameras - without at least committing to foveon for actual film-like rendering

Must suck to be a hipster and not be able to afford film
>>
File: f3 hp.jpg (572 KB, 2500x2000)
572 KB
572 KB JPG
>>4299457
>no red stripe
>grip area is covered in leatherette instead of rubber
Into the trash it goes. I would love a mirrorless as stylish as the Nikon F3 (the greatest SLR ever made), but
>>
>where's my hunk of metal
You guys are forgetting that the target consumer for these fake film mirrorless by fuji, nikon, etc. are people that's either too young or too old to carry cameras that heavy
>>
>>4299542
>>4299558
>”hipsters hipsters is the hipsters!”
Christ, you people don’t even know what the word means and are simply applying it to people with better taste than you.

Enjoy your plastic trash! I’ll enjoy my good Zf camera (as well as others, including plastic trash) because I can afford it and don’t need to blame “muh hipsters” because I’m poor.
>>
>>4299649
>im so rich and tasteful i bought a fake japanese film camera
Lmfao. Bro, if you're not at least rocking a leica CL and doing 2 rolls of pro stock a week and enough e6 to justify self dev, you're in no position to talk about taste and poverty. Do you even shoot sheet film? People who are genuinely rich would probably even dock some of your "richfag" and "real photographer" points for not having enough space in your home to set up a darkroom and make real prints.

Please refrain from pretending to be rich because you paid $2000 for infinite photos. So did everyone who bought a Z7II last year.
>>
>>4299653
>a leica CL
no one with a leica CL should be calling themselves rich but you do you
also
>35mm
>rich
6x7 is the minimum
>>
>>4299542
Transatlanticism is an amazing album though
>>
>>4299653
You have something wrong with your brain and worldview, honestly. You’ve posted two paragraphs of unintelligible nonsense in order to say “no u.”

I doubt you even own a camera at all.
>>
>>4299658
Not him but you have something wrong with your brain for trying to act superior for spending $2000 on a fake japanese film camera. This hobby is so infested with clueless snobs that unreasonable amounts of anger and mockery are justified. People like you are embarrassing faggots.

Might as well say “sorry some of us are rich and have taste, enjoy your stupid BMW, i drive a subaru brz”
>>
>>4299658
>tries to act rich and superior for buying the poorfag film/leica alternative
>gets pissy over long form insult+rebuttal
cant stand the heat get outta the kitchen beyotch
>>
>>4299659
>>4299660
>implying I do not also own leicas.
The Zf is a good and fun camera. Saying “muh hipsters” and “ackshually you aren’t rich!” does not make the Zf a bad camera. It just makes you look like seething poorfag retards.

Get over yourselves.
>verification not required
>>
File: a solid yikes.jpg (1.07 MB, 3840x2560)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>4299658
>a bloo bloo
Sorry bruh but paying $2000 for a Z6 dressed up as a fat FM3a doesn't make you rich, it's an explicit admission that you can't afford to shoot film or even afford more genuinely tasteful equipment ie: leica digital. Plus, yknow, almost everyone on /p/ who has an FF mirrorless is in the same price bracket.

The Zf is definitely not a super tasteful camera. From a recreation and fashion standpoint, it's a confusing rattly abortion that doesn't work like a film camera or a digital camera. The UX does not make sense and the look and experience is nonsensical with most native lenses except for voigts (poorfag leicas).

It is not a camera worth bragging about. I don't like fuji but even the xpro3 is more authentic and better at being what it is, down to fuji's typical lens designs. Maybe you could actually pretend to be financially carefree with that one since the used market is inflated, while the Zf is actually reasonably priced for the technology package.
>>
>>4299663
But, the Zf is a bad camera

Not because the specs lag behind
Not because the sensor is the wrong size
Not because there are no sharp lenses

Because it has no soul.

>ackshually you aren't rich
You aren't tho.
>>
>>4299665
It has more sovl than most other mirrorless cameras. Sorry you need to cope this hard about not owning one.

What cameras do you own, anon?
>>
A digital camera pretending to be a film camera is basically a tranny when you think about it
>>
>>4299626
>people that's either too young or too old to carry cameras that heavy
I thought OM cornered that market.
>>
>>4299667
Truth
>>
>>4299457
No it hasn't
People want a Nikon ZS that shoots Leica in the back of the head
>>
>>4299558
>He thinks the soulfulness of something is totally independent of its aesthetics

The reason *why* film cameras are usually considered as having "soul" is because, for the vast majority of them (even entry-level or inexpensive models), design and ergonomics were pretty much the primary concern for the body. I mean its not like you had to spend tons of money on R&D for software tricks and electronic gizmos. That all naturally went to paying extremely high-profile designers that would make something beautiful and nice to use.

I mean look at the tragedy that is most of the digital Canon EOS line. An amorphous blob of nothing clad in cheap shitty plastic because they'd rather spend the cash on performance than design.

Basically you're retarded and contrarian and have no idea what you're talking about. A beautiful thing is not some hipster bullshit, it's called having taste and self-respect. And you really think using a film camera is *less* hipster than a dressed-up modern digital camera???
>>
>>4299679
>The reason *why* film cameras are usually considered as having "soul" is because, for the vast majority of them (even entry-level or inexpensive models), design and ergonomics were pretty much the primary concern for the body
they're all fucking bricks you sperg. anything some hipster faggot would call sovl is a fucking pot metal brick with the ergonomics of one. the era of classic film cameras is from when japanese manufacturing was considered worse to be than what china is today you fucking retarded zoomer.
>>
>>4299682
>>4299563
>ergonomics
>ergos
Imagine giving a shit about this. No wonder your pictures come out bad.
>>
>>4299457
>retro look market
considering how the industry leaders like sony or canon never bother, the fact that fuji is carried by selling instax than their digishit, is real telling that this market for film photography larpers is nothing but bark.
>>
>>4299679
It's not the aesthetics that makes it soulless its the divorce between aesthetics, function, and reason for being
>looks like, but does not work like
>not because its a natural consequence of the way it works
>but because nikon was nervous about ending up the #4 brand and wanted to keep some boomers/hipsters away from fuji
if nikon made an actual film camera (they are probably the only ones still with production equipment and experience for a film SLR) then that would have soul
>>
>>4299697
I'm really confused on what you're trying to say here:
>Looks like, but does not work like
and
> its the divorce between aesthetics, function, and reason for being

The physical controls don't just exist--they're functional and have a pretty clear, direct purpose. If you're going to argue that because the literal mechanism of exposure control is different that's just poor reasoning. It's like you're trying to sound smart without really considering what you're trying to say. But good try.

>>4299685
>>4299682
Sure, miss the point harder why don't you. Nice try though? Also I am really curious to know what you think ergonomics means. No google.
>>
>>4299697
This based guy gets it. There's also the fact that they're uninspired knockoffs that makes them cynical and cargo cultish.
Also I'm back.
>>
>>4299723
A really good rule of thumb is that cANON's opinions are usually opposed to reality.
>>
>>4299718
The controls exist but they don’t have a functional reason to exist as they do. Its returning to inferior ergonomics for the sake of hipster fashion. Nikon is just desperate for customers.
>>
>>4299730
>inferior ergonomics
Little man can't hold his camera without a fat ugly grip sticking out. Sad!
>>
>>4299730
You're proving my point re. not knowing what you're talking about. How are directly accessible exposure controls inferior ergonomics? Sure, like I was hinting at, they don't *need* to exist, but neither do touch screens. Do you get it?
>>
At some point I don’t think any of you actually care about making pictures of anything, you just like arguing and cameras are a nearby topic at which you claim to be subject matter experts.
>>
>>4299737
nta but even film cameras later down in the road threw those dials away for multipurpose front/back dials because they're superior. There's a difference between controls that existed because it was the best they could do, like the direct exposure dials in mechanical cameras vs direct exposure dials that are no longer necessary today that simply exist to mimic the past.
>>
>>4299746
>multipurpose front/back dials because they're superior.
Nah
>>
>>4299741
Post a photo
>>
>>4299741
first day on /p/ ?
>>
File: IMG_0813.jpg (116 KB, 1024x768)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
My retro cams

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon PowerShot SX200 IS
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.00
Lens Size5.00 - 60.00 mm
Image Width1024
Image Height768
Horizontal Resolution180 dpi
Vertical Resolution180 dpi
Image Created2023:05:03 20:04:27
Exposure Time1/5 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias-0.7 EV
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length9.25 mm
Image Width1024
Image Height768
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Image Number114-0813
Exposure ModeProgram
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeCenter-Weighted
ISO Speed RatingAuto
SharpnessNormal
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeUnknown
Focus ModeSingle
Drive ModeSingle
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Macro ModeNormal
Subject Distance0.490 m
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Compensation2
Sensor ISO Speed160
>>
File: 20240314-CBM_3305-web.jpg (640 KB, 2000x1333)
640 KB
640 KB JPG
>>4299762

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON Z 9
Camera SoftwareCapture One 15 Macintosh
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)52 mm
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating500
Lens Aperturef/4.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length52.00 mm
Image Width2000
Image Height1333
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>4299764
Oh and no, I’ve been here for like 18 years unfortunately. Well I took a break. That was a good time.
>>
File: s-l1200.jpg (77 KB, 1140x958)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>4299737
Not him but are you even using your brain? Do YOU know what you're talking about? The standard (D)SLR controls are still directly accessible exposure controls, but to change modes you move the PASM dial one or two clicks instead of spinning your larp dials all the way to whatever its called for auto (A? C?).

What larp dials are is controls that can't be one-handed.
The controls on the old OM SLRs can be mostly one handed, like a modern SLR, but you have to move a hand and reframe to change between auto/manual and adjust exposure compensation.

On the "standard" SLR layout, this is even worse, you have to walk your hands around the camera for every control except for aperture and focus. On some cameras the wind lever blocks the shutter speed. This wasn't a photographer-first decision, for some it was branding first (Leica sell shitty camera for lots of money, LEICA CHANGE NOTHING!) for others it was just the same soulless bean counter shit we have today: Designing it any other way would consume more time, energy, and materials during production and factory service and therefore cost the company money. At least some leica models made the shutter speed index-finger accessible. That was nice!

And then as soon as we ditched clockwork shutters everything was front/back dials - on film. It's better.

The PASM dial's placement is also an ergonomic failure, mode dials are, the modes should be changed like ISO/EC, index finger button hold and control wheel movement, or a third dial ala sony EC. But hey, these cameras are designed by corporate japan. They do not innovate. They do not design things well. Their standard for beautiful and usable is this. The PASM dial was created by the technological limitations of the late 20th century and because we are buying from corporate japan, we're stuck with them for a long long time anyways. As a subculture, corporate japan is aesthetically incompetent and anti-human. Use a sony vaio and then an iphone - it aint happenin.
>>
>>4299856
but remember, larp camera users are that kind of retard. yes, that kind of retard.
if anyone ever told you film made them a better photographer because they couldn't afford to shoot a lot, that kind of retard.
>it's all building corners?
>no, some are building faces.

Fast photographers with these cameras always end up with an uncomfortable brick with decorative dials mostly set on digital dial control except for an aperture ring and the EC dial (EC dials like fujisony's are actually a point of good design and every camera should have them). Did I mention Nikon has a major lack of lenses with an aperture ring, further making the Zf's shite ergonomics even less functional? The camera is a soulless cash grab aimed at that tiny group of baby ducked boomers and posers. So soulless they didn't even finish it. They didn't commit, fuji is shit but fuji was still committed and included aperture rings on most lenses. It's just a shit camera all around. Its sole purpose is to take from hipsters and boomers $2k at a time. Nikon even thinks they can get away with the lenses "for it" being plastic crap.

Wait for the real nikon with real nikon soul instead of a camera that is a wannabe on every level.
>>
File: IMG_9362.jpg (81 KB, 1280x853)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>4299861
>>4299856
Leica already did what you wanted and made a very usable camera without design baggage or irrational nonsense. They are very popular with high end fashion and editorial photographers and generally preferred over canikon even when SL lenses aren’t “sharper”.

Hope you can afford it. Europeans can design stuff like they got a full nights sleep before work, but they dont cut costs by working unpaid overtime. An asian product will never be this good but it will always be cheaper.
>>
File: Nikon-Zf-Digitutor.jpg (128 KB, 1280x720)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>4299868
Yeah I know the SLs exist, and I could write an equally long and angry post about fucking PASM dials, especially with how they interfere with video mode switching.
>Nikon: It seems you are in video mode, but also aperture priority, would you like to shoot 4k30 with a shutter speed 1/30?
There are no truly well designed japanese cameras, they are all a mess of conflicting ideas, buttons, menus, fatness, and blobness. These retro larps just complicate it further because it has one foot in each era instead of going full film larp ala leica M. Look at this. This is a schizophrenic mess. Cameras are about capturing the decisive moment, not playing Bop It.
>>
File: larp.jpg (542 KB, 1000x1296)
542 KB
542 KB JPG
its all about fun for me
>>
>>4299856
Don't be talking shit about the Let's Note series.
My CF-T7 works great.
>>
>>4299881
are you one of those retarded who thinks if they put tape over the branding on their camera, that they're less likely to get robbed? one because they think muggers are as retarded as them and think film cameras have value, and two because even if they did, they arent going to be looking for specific branding. they're just going to sucker punch you and take your shit.
>>
>>4299891
>that they're less likely to get robbed?
nope, i just don't like the bright white branding and too lazy to chip out the paint again
and i have the cheapest thumb grips which fall out otherwise
>>
>>4299891
No its because they have the same gearfag (engineering/technical skillset minded) personality type as a classic car guy or a linux user. Adapting to an awkwardly designed machine is part of their hobby, and adding personal touches is kind of their victory dance.
>It's fun when I learn to take this clunky x and do it really well then i'll put on a v to show that this is my thing and i use it every day
Also see:
>Features first gearfags (but does it have X?)
>Performance benchmark gearfags (i think we need to measure the x/y ratio and chart brands a b and c before we call this shit good)
>Value for money gearfags (sure it does x2, but this does x1 and is 3 times cheaper and if x2 is definitely not 3 times better than x1)
>Design philosophy gearfags (this X is inconsistent with the majority of the design language as seen in Y and Z. bloat. considered harmful)
>Heritage and soul gearfags (but this is the ORIGINAL, you pleb, everyone else is copying it, this was used by the greats, I am like the greats, you cant compete with the SIGNIFICANCE)
>Clueless internet version of the prior (well this looks kinda like that and it reminds me of at least 30 years ago so SOVL *plays vaporwave track*)
Blame disposable income and boredom between bouts at uni/work without enough time to do anything interesting (i wrote this post between classes). This is everyone on /p/ desu.

Most normal people just silently suffer with whatever they could afford or bought for whatever reason, gud nuf, and fill the boredom with talking about sports and porn stars
>>
>>4299897
What do we call the people, like you, that focus their energy on classifying and judging others? So meta, you don't even care about the cameras anymore, just the people.
>>
>>4299909
Based and redpilled.
https://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/7.htm
What do you call it when someone tries not to be classifiable as a type of gearfag by a 4chan shitpost idk lol
>>
>>4299914
You are just as classifiable though, even if you don't see it
>>
>>4299917
That's why I keep the classifiable behavior to an anonymous shitpost intended to cause insecurity and introspection in the undesirable people I classify so they might see the light and model their artistic pursuits after the world of cinema
>>
>>4299921
Sounds kinda insecure
>>
>>4299923
Mad cuz described
>>
>>4299930
Oh for sure, I'm incredibly insecure too
>>
>>4299932
There is a thin bold line between insecurity and reasonable fear. Insecurity is living life behind a mask, reasonable fear is wearing a mask while you rob a bank.
>>
>>4299934
Well said sir
>>
>>4299868
Leica SLs struggle to gain market share and lose Leica money to continue producing because no one (read: pros) actually wants one over a Sony/ Canon/Nikon.
>>
>>4299985
Leica is about who they sell to, not how many they sell. The camera division is 1/8 of the total company and it mostly sells jewelry. They want the SLs in the hands of steve mccurrys not peter mckinnons and generic press/wedding photographers. They are instruments for discerning artistic editorial stillsfags that have matured past the fps/sharp lens obsession. A small market but a respectable one.
>>
>>4299626
total weak faggot death
>>
File: 784324214.png (144 KB, 354x300)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
>>4299462
wowwweeee I love Legos and I'm 34!!!11!
>>
>20+ used nikon ZF's on mpb
Doesn't this say something? Nobody wants to keep it lol
>>
>>4299874
Why do I need a dedicated ISO dial and shutter speed dial?
>>
>>4299463
top plate is plastic, knobs are brass
>>
>>4300113
the top is magnesium alloy, bottom is polycarbonate, even more reason to add a grip

Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Width1600
Image Height1068
>>
>>4300060
anon was right its a shit camera even for a larper shitter

also a lot of people bought it being impatient for a z6iii
>>
>>4300060
interesting metric to go by, looks like R5 are dogshit and OM-M2 are great
z7ii and a few sony's almost as dogshit too
>>
>>4300060
The more people buy a camera, the more people will sell a camera. The more cameras are sold, the more will break sooner. The more cameras are sold, the more forum posts you will find complaining about them. Basic statistics. One broken 5D IV is not a concern, they sold so many that it was inevitable.

Be worried when you see a bunch of newer models for sale from a low market share brand and a lot of them have WR fail related breakage like glitchy/dead ports, screens, EVFs, and buttons. Be worried if you see the latter condition at all. If the parts/as-is listings are just drops or 600k shutter workhorses its fine. 6 WR fail forum complaints for Sony is as worrying as 3 for Nikon or 1 for Fuji. Of course, the real number of complaints are Sony > Fuji >>>>>>>>>>> Nikon
>>
>>4300164
do you have any actual numbers for that, or just feels?
>>
Every single person in here shitting on the Zf should post their camera to prove they can afford it.

I'm getting one soon and it will share a bag with my Df. I got to play with one it's pretty cool. It's missing the red stripe from the F3 but I'm sure someone will fix that.

The 40/2 it comes with is very sharp. Just let people enjoy things god damn you people are fucking insufferable.
>>
>>4300185
If it were about being unable to afford it, why wouldn't they shit on the Z7 II instead?
>>
>>4300185
There's a Neewer CA063 grip that adds the red stripe.
>>
>>4300197

Holy shit that's fuckin cool, ordering mine with it
>>
>>4300185
> Just let people enjoy things god damn you people are fucking insufferable.
Listen, you’re free to enjoy a turd as much as you damned well please, but that won’t stop people from calling it a turd. And I’m not even talking about the niggon, it actually looks really cool, I just meant more in general because I fucking hate this Reddit tier shitbrain saying like you wouldn’t believe.
>>
>>4300197
>>4300199
You guys realize buying a grip is a tacit admission that its stock ergonomics suck ass and it is therefore a failed design?
>>
>>4300205
I would rather have a brick that I can add an accessory grip of my choice to, than be stuck with one I may or may not like. Hell, for a few of my cameras, I change grips/cases depending on what I'm doing. I even liked the rubber feel of the smallrig Zf grip so much, I replaced a different cameras grip with a similar smallrig grip
But yes, the Zf stock handling sucks. Who cares? I sure don't.
>>
File: SZ72_2004.jpg (4.76 MB, 3000x2000)
4.76 MB
4.76 MB JPG
>>4300185
I can afford your camera I just think it's stupid and nikon could have done a way better job with it no matter how much i hate the concept
I also have a film SLR I unironically paid for a CLA for. Ooh, wealthy.

You know whats extra stupid? Thinking affordability factors into peoples opinions or there's any flexing to be found in cameras. Everyone posting on 4chan should have at least $25k of credit on demand, so anything under that could be collateral on a loan just for the sake of shitposting. An employed man with no kids has at least that much in yearly disposable income. Then what could they do with their credit camera? They have some fun with it, sell it 2 months later, recoup 85% of their money, call it a rental fee, and vanish because Anonymous. Devilish.

Hell there are fast food employees and construction workers showing off their vacherons in /wt/

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON Z 7_2
Camera SoftwareCapture One Windows
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)120 mm
Exposure Time1/350 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating64
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias-1 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length120.00 mm
Image Width3000
Image Height2000
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>4300339
Holy shot he even has a brand name dog this guy is loaded.

Post grill and riding lawnmower
>>
>>4300190
Why would anyone shit on Z7II, it's a high res body.
>>
>>4300348
Because they can't afford it, fellow chad.
>>
>>4299457
Using modern technology in a retro body is SOULLESS consumerist NOSTALGIA BAIT
>>
>>4300362
NOSTALGIA? BLYAT! ONLY NEED CHAIKA, IS TIMELESS
>>
Why can't gearfaggots understand that the sovl is in the photos and not the consumer electronics package used to capture it.
That being said, the Zf is so fucking awesome that I sold my whole fuji kit after a week of trying it out
>>
>>4300339
this describes probably half of /p/. just “renting” to troll so they can show off the epic exif and repost the same 5 photos of their gear forever, and going back to their m43 or phone after trying to get their money back
>>
>>4299601
Red stripe didn't become present until the F3 and the Zf is based more on the FM/FE which predate the F3
>>
>>4300147
>polycarbonate
The Zf's bottom and top plates are magnesium. The Zfc is the one with plastic plates.
>>
File: Nikon-Zf-camera-frame.jpg (219 KB, 800x600)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>4300452
Do you have a source? I've tried looking but sources say only top and front (not bottom) or are too vague / inconclusive. Seems from other forum posts it's not exactly clear. Nikon's own website shows picrel, similar to the prototype above. Going by feel the Zf bottom absolutely feels like plastic in comparison to the top. Zfc also had a metal top plate & front.

Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
>>
>>4300452
Nikon coats their metal with plastic anyways. Superior design? Sure. What the retro larper wants? No, they want brassing and for it to feel like metal because they want but cant afford or figure out a film camera.
>>
>>4300502
I've got one in hand. Top is metal, knobs are metal. Bottom is made of that standard Nikon material they use for everything. Idk what its made of, but feels like that standard hard Nikon material most of the bodies are made of (except smooth). There is a definitely metal zone around the tripod mount, so maybe that's why folks are confused?
>>
>>4300590
Metal with a rubberized coating, aka modern camera construction
>>
>>4300590
The official press release also omits the bottom
>Rugged and reliable construction, with magnesium alloy on the front and top covers, for maximum durability with minimal weight.
>>
>>4300544
can afford and figure out a film camera, but i just want to larp
though i kinda want to buy a fm3a
>>
>>4300590
>>4300611
>>4300616
Ugh no wonder every review says to add the grip. It's not about "muh ergos" it's just to give it a real bottom plate.
>>
>its even half plastic
>>4300339
Of all the words about camera brands, the saddest are these
“Cinefag was right again”
>>
>>4299665
>complains about equipment not having soul
>cannot personally produce any photos or videos with substance, let alone soul

absolute fucking cope
>>
>>4300794
>take a photo of literally anything in japan
>raise black point and reduce vibrance

>take a photo of a greco-roman inspired statue
>turn everything pink and blue

>involve skating and pepsi somehow

>exist at least 35 years ago

how2”soul” for impressing annoying milennials
>>
>>4299534
Have one of these.
Love it.
>>
>>4299457
this would have been an out-of-the-park grand slam if they just gave it a few more megapixels. 24mp just isn't enough for cropping flexibility. if they make the same camera but with 33+mp, i'm smashing that add to cart button on day one
>>
>>4301004
The ergos are still a total clusterfuck. Hate fuji all day but you have to admit they did this camera better. Theirs is a flagship camera, nikons is a budget z6iii.
>>
>>4301007
Doesn't matter. Nikon Zf is the best selling camera in Japan these past couple months. Nikon is happy and fuji is losing at their own game.
>>
>>4301004
You don’t need to crop if you get it right in camera, skill issue
>>
>>4299458
the f1.2 makes sense with all the z50 variants. But I will never get sny Z or RF cameras, because Snoy has the 500mm f/5.6 that is the "tele for humans".
>>
>>4301030
cropping won't fix errors of perspective :^)
>>
>>4299664
>the Zf is actually reasonably priced for the technology package.
the only thing you need to hear
>>
>>4299462
I'd like to bring that through airport security just to see if it fucks with them or not
>>
I just bought one. Gets here Wednesday.

Went and touched both a Zf and X-T5 and only the Nikon felt good. The Fuji was literal dogshit cheap feeling, totally plastic dials. Didn’t feel like a $2,000 camera like the Zf did.

Seen people say “muh the Zf you can’t go to auto iso or anything easily! Why does it have a pasm at all?!” Well guess what, losers. You buy the camera to shoot full manual and LARP like you’re using film again, and should never do anything but full manual. And then if you fucking do, you just use the pasm switch and it functions like every other braindead modern camera.

The camera is for who it is for. Me and cool dudes like me who once shot film and want that experience. It’s a z6ii with z8/9 processing. Great. Don’t like it? Buy a fucking z6ii and go shoot weddings one-handed with your ugly ass “ergo” grip, you soulless fucking hack.
>>
>>4302671
sounds neat, can you share any pics from it?
>>
>>4302671
Fuji hasnt made a well made camera since the xpro2 and their weather sealing is still a marketing lie. They are as good in the rain as a non sealed camera like the a7iii. Why do people still recommend fuji over a cheap leica, a voigtlander lens, and a few 5 packs of portra?

Also lmfao at your sour grapes towards better cameras. Absolutely pathetic. I would love for someone to say this to me IRL but they never do, they just look at their feet and scowl.
>>
>>4302679
>Also lmfao at your sour grapes towards better cameras.
What do you even mean?

You mean the part about "muh ergos"?

Guess what? Your grip looks stupid and shooting one handed is retarded anyway. Wear a neck strap like a man and shoot supporting your lens like God intended.
>>
>>4302915
I can picture the thin mustache behind this post
>>
>>4302671
>Starts literally seething about normal cameras unprompted
I can't believe nikonbros have to share a brand with these people (ex-fujislugs) now
>>
>>4299457
Thing feels like a big metal brick, which is nice, but that fucking knob eating into the VF pyramid makes my head hurt every time i look at it, and honestly why the fuck are the knobs 2 & 3 storeys tall? Just makes it look even bigger. I shoot with an FA and Nikonos V which have smallish grips that i like very much (smaller than my Z6/Z7 which feels too big), but this grip is so fucking tiny i dont even know why its there, and it irritates me that i’ve got to add even more height to the body with the smallrig mount to get a more useful grip extension on it. It feels like a solid but big camera. The loose IBIS sensor is weird. Otherwise, on the right track, i just wish they improved the design from the zfc rather than cloned & enlarged it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.