[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 3979093541575145.jpg (253 KB, 1704x370)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
Virginia is beautiful, but some of this shit is annoying.
>>
File: IMG_20240425_164224.jpg (1.05 MB, 3000x4000)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>2725089
>Virginia is beautiful
Truly breathtaking
>>
>>2725121
Such is life on the east coast.
>>
>>2725089
After 2 days of hiking in the sun it would feel worth it. I'd take the longest shower I could get away with, though.
>>
>>2725089
Wait, they want to add another $5 on for sales tax as well? So actually you're paying double.

This is why America can be annoying. You ask them how much it costs and then you receive a whole breakdown of all the bullshit fees, and then they start talking about state taxes. JUST TELL ME HOW MUCH
>>
>>2725089
That’s kinda average for facilities. It’s about $4-10 at most places in the Rockies, same with gas stations for truckers.
>>
>>2725121
> he doesn't know about western virginia and eastern west virginia
>>
>>2725089
>wah wah everything should be free and also of acceptable quality to me, I shouldn't have to help out at all I should just get
>>
File: west_coast.jpg (644 KB, 1872x1248)
644 KB
644 KB JPG
>>2725133
>>
>>2725089
these things deter certain groups. have you seen what free campsites and recreational areas look like? they look like the roadside in mexico, littered with trash.
>>
>>2725378
Well yeah, basically. Ripping people off is unchristian.
>>
>>2725396
virginia in particular seems like a rip-off state compared to maryland, west virginia, and pennsylvania where state parks are mostly free to enter. Virginia seems overly organized, rule-bound and expensive. For instance, you cannot hike on state game lands, even if you don't hunt, in Virginia without a paid permit for the day. That's not the case in WV/MD/PA

I feel like maybe much of the deeper south is more like Virginia and maybe its a southern thing.
>>
>>2725135

Trying to keep freeloaders out is how I'm reading it.

Parkway is stunningly beautiful. We used to day trip to tiger falls during a particularly hot and dry summer, good times. Probably filled with beer cans and used condoms these days.
>>
>>2725401
>tiger falls
you mean panther falls?
https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/virginia/panther-falls--2
full of teens partying when I was there but they moved for a bit so I could get a photo of the waterfall so not all bad
they were playing loud music though
>>
>>2725403
Yeah, it's been 25+ years.. I realized I got the name wrong after thinking about it a bit. oh well

But yes, I really enjoyed going there.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.