[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I know Toyota is number 1 when it comes to reliability for their Camrys, but does that change when go to other types of vehicles?

Is there anyone more reliable for SUVs than Toyota? What about Trucks? Muscle Cars?
>>
>>27609122
Toyota makes muscle cars?
>>
>>27609155
>V8
>pigfat
>fugly
>can't turn
Yep, meets all the requirements.
>>
>>27609196
That's a really wide net you are casting there, but I see that you are just being facetious. Good jest, fren.
>>
>>27609122
>I know Toyota is number 1 when it comes to reliabilit-ACK
>>
>>27609264
I guess I'm coming from the used car perspective where the 2000s and 1990s Camrys and Avalons were bar-none the best (in terms of long-lasting reliability) you could get.

J.D. Power's 2023 Initial Quality Study, as seen in the chart you posted, focuses on problems that new car owners report within the first 90 days of ownership. This measure can be quite different from long-term reliability.
>>
File: 1702628164577892.gif (729 KB, 276x321)
729 KB
729 KB GIF
>>27609264
>dodge, hyundai, kia
>less problems than toyota and honda
>>
>>27609196
I’d drove one for a couple of years. Nice build quality and sounds but lack of torque gets old.
>>
>>27609939
do you think that that applies across their models? like is that reliability only for sedans or is it for every toyota that gets made, even muscle cars, SUVs, trucks, etc?
>>
>>27609264
I'm tired of winning so much FCA bros
>>
>>27609196
Ungodly expensive, even used

into the trash it goes
>>
>>27609939
Cope weebcel
>>
>>27609122
For Full Size Trucks? Chevy's and Ford's.

For SUV's? I mean, it's hard to beat the outgoing GX and 4Runner, but the Tahoe/Suburban would be the natural comparison point.

For mid-size trucks? Crapshoot, everyone's mid-sized truck is relatively new in its design vs their outgoing models.

>>27609264
I know you're baiting, but Initial Quality is the funniest metric ever. It's nothing more than a measure of how sensitive customer bases are.
>>
File: 1691116282679597.jpg (741 KB, 1567x555)
741 KB
741 KB JPG
>>27609122
Toyotas had good reliability 20 years ago, everything they've made post 2005 is garbage. I have a Toyota that's had nothing but a string of serious issues in the 7 years I've had it. It costs me money every few months to fix something new that breaks. Headlight wiring went to shit and was burning bulbs every month, CVTshit transmission is absolutely cooked, seatbelts won't retract on their own anymore and need to be fed back in, backup cam screen burned out and has become too dim to use, EVERYTHING rattles fucking badly, sunglasses holder won't stay shut, glovebox is starting to go too and has to be shut really hard, EVERY piece of external plastic is held on by plastic pins that get brittle and break off, the entire underside of the car has fallen off on the freeway and is fucking gone, could've got caught in the spinny bits and caused a serious accident, bumper now sits crooked and about to fall off. Sway bars are all bent and rusted, car feels like the wheels are gonna fall off mid drive. Struts blown multiple times. Suspension is shot and riding on the floor granted I don't want to replace it I'll just sell it to the next retard who buys Goyotas.

This is a 2017 Prius so only 7 years old. The battery is has also gone to shit or is near completely expired. Their warranty is bullshit, you have to pay them $200 every 20k miles to "service" the battery or the 150k mile battery warranty is void. Goyota is not the reliability brand anymore, go with any of the Japanese brands other than Toyota or Nissan and you'll be fine. Mazda is probably going to gain the reliability hegemon reputation here soon, because even Honda is slipping hard. Toyota has completely fallen off though, my 2015 Rav4 was absolute trash in the 2 year I had it too with all similar issues.
>>
>>27611082
Since that was a wall of text, the Rav4 issues were pretty much the same but this is inexcusable for 2 years of ownership:

>transmission started making death noises, this was not a CVT either, this was covered under warranty and my suspicion is they never put enough trans fluid in it in the first place or it was burning it because it wasn't leaking and sounded like low trans fluid, can't even fill it on your own because it's a sealed system...
>underside started losing plastic pins and hanging off, I eventually just ripped the whole thing off. Driving through light snow was causing it to come off in chunks.
>bumper sat crooked because of pins cracking and the entire bottom plastic not supporting it because it got chewed off.
>backup cam became too dim
>strut blew out near the end of ownership, had to replace suspension before selling due to obvious noise
>lost 2 hubcaps that randomly fell off while driving, I just took them all off and drove around looking poor
>windshield was way too thin of glass, got cracked all over, the replacement windshield was way thicker and didn't crack when small road pebbles would it hit it like the factory one did
>paint easily scratched and warped, had all those ugly random swirly scratches all over it

Yeah these are shit cars but retards won't listen and will keep buying them.
>>
>More reliable than toyota
Nice joke even studies and charts wont convince anyone but imbeciles at this point

Toyota is conservative and more powerful for what it declares
Unlike other makers where their real numbers are lower.

Toyota chads never lose.

Used by the military, army, police, terrorists, 3rd world fuckers with no roads and can survive the American military complex

Leonardo diicaprio, Kristen Stewart, me gibson, tom hanks, and more all use exclusively toyota even tho they can afford much more expensive car but in reality it”s just the best car and happen to cost less

For current generation vest models are
Rav4, hilux, landcruiser, tacoma
Try get one made in japan for even better car
>>
>>27609264
Toyotas are trash and in general most jap cars are as unreliable as chinese
>>
>>27609122
Trucks: US only

Muscle cars: US only or maybe the Genesis G70 is ok

SUVs: jap suvs are stereotyped as poorfag mobiles for discount version of German or maybe the Genesis GV80
>>
>>27609264
>Toyota: 194
>Land rover: 203
>Tesla: 257
Evcucks should be 4th stroked.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.