[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I haven't checked or fill oil for a year. I decided to look at it because the engine seems a bit noisy.
I can't see the level. I used to see the point where the oil level is at. But when I check it's just oil color without delimitation. I waited 15 min for the engine to rest and clean the stick and it just return thin oil color. Am I running low on oil?
>>
>>27609076
Wipe the stick, then dip again and check the level, you dipstick.
>>
better to add too much than have too little, I would add 3-4 quarts and check for a reading again
>>
>>27609078

This. At this point if there is anything on the stick you are alright. You woulndt believe how many dipsticks I pull with not a drop on them and those cars have been still running a decade later.
>>
>>27609076
The pic is wrong
>I haven't checked or fill oil for a year.
What does the manual say? Once a week or once a month?
>I waited 15 min for the engine to rest and clean the stick and it just return thin oil color.
Pull, clean, put back and immediately pull it again, then post pic
>>
File: DSC_0219.jpg (80 KB, 1376x774)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>27609104
I can't do it rigt now but picrel is what it looked like right after I turned off the engine. When I let it rest a dozen of minutes it basically looked the same but was much thinner
>>
>>27609112
I'd say it either was overfilled or something else got into the oil system. The latter is possible on some cars with cam-driven hydraulic pumps for example.
>>
Either way, if it's been a year since the last oil change, go do the maintenance and make sure you do it properly.
>>
File: oil.jpg (150 KB, 1500x1080)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
I just checked rn on a cold engine. On the left is when it's dry and wiped, on the right is what I get after dipping it in
>>
File: IMG_0062.jpg (47 KB, 720x720)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>27609112
Holy shit, RIP
Was that after you wiped it?
>>
>>27609292
looks a little high there bossman
>>
>>27609617
But i haven't put oil in for a year. Is it possible it's petrol mixed with oil
>>
>Oil is yellow
>Make dipshit yellow
Brilliant work guys
>>
>>27609819
Yes, does it smell like fuel?
>>
>>27609819
it is possible but very unlikely to be that much or it would have blown up already
>>
>>27609823
Not really
>>
>>27609819
Your pan is full of sludge.
Warm up & drain.
>>
>>27609076
drain it and put a new filter and oil in
>>
>>27609292
yeah bro, start over at this point. drain the oil, put on a new filter, and fill it to the correct level.
>>
just replace your oils wrenchlet
>>
>>27611058
I think we're expecting too much from the OP if he's coming here asking for advice on what to do about overfilled engine oil.
He probably doesn't even know what the correct capacity is to begin with.
>>
>>27611187
I didn't fill it myself. It was done a year ago by the mecanic, that's why i'm surprised the level isn't low. I guess she needs to be drained

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.