[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: jebbushwife.jpg (203 KB, 1908x1146)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
is there any way to know which NEW cars will be bulletproof reliable? or do you just have to gamble on brand reputation from past cars
>>
>>27608779
Motors aren't even the failure point any more, the electronics, sensors, and tablet glued to the dash will all stop working long before it mechanically dies and this is by intentional design.
>>
>>27608784
well thats not fucking true at all
>ecoboom
>any hyundai motor
>>
>>27608779

It's generally a good idea to avoid buying a new model in the first few years. I don't buy new due to depreciation but if I did, I would never buy new technology. Get something proven at the end of its run.
>>
>>27608784
wrong
>>
>>27608833
thats retarded, do you also buy the newest iphone at full price in august right before the next gen comes out?
>>
>>27608833
double dubs of truth
/thread
>>
>>27608779
Toyota non-performance non-truck motors. Corolla.
>>
>>27608779
Buy a Toyota obviously
>>
>>27608966
whats wrong with truck motors? dont tundras regularly do 1million miles?
>>
>>27608779
>is there any way to know which NEW cars will be bulletproof reliable?

You can look at the history of the engines and transmissions they're using assuming they aren't new engines and transmissions.
>>
>>27608779
Diesel without DPF
>>
File: 1575850513629.jpg (40 KB, 621x621)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
no new cars will the bulltetproof, car companies are public, which means they are owned by the shareholders, which means they must maximize profits, what is there to gain from making a car that will last forever, why would anyone buy a new one to replace it then? think of the poor shareholders
it is as simple as that

high compression rations, low displacement forced induction, high pressure fuel injections, CVTs, all the emission garbage, shitty tablets and screens instead of dashboards and buttons, muh """""eco"""""" leather, muh sustainability materials, muh zero emissions. all bullshit to market your new """"""""performance and improvements""""""""""" and appeal to le legislations
awnser me this: will there ever be a new rwd manual naturally aspirated inline 6?
>>
>>27608905
If you want your car to be reliable, he's right.
The first year or two will have shit that gets fixed in later years.
If you want the latest and greatest, and you don't care if your engine might blow a gasket, then go for it.
>>
File: 1625525445122.jpg (70 KB, 1024x903)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>27608779
>new cars
>bulletproof reliable
>in 2024
They're made of plastic and ASICs, man. It's just not gonna happen.
>>
>>27608779
modern EPA regulations and fucking Unions have made ALL new cars compete shit. just get something cheap and with a long warranty.
>>
>>27611766
There are more than just emission systems cucking modern diesels. Just the fuel injection pressures these days are ridiculous. Diesels used to run at like 5k psi now they can hit 30k psi. At these pressures even the tiniest bit of contamination can destroy your injection pump and injectors which is a 5 figure repair bill.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.