[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

hey/o/

/smg/ tourist here

i’ve got some cash to throw at a car and i was thinking of getting the z71 traverse when it’s available to replace my 2017 journey that i fucking hate myself for ever getting

i have zero experience with these newer crossovers but i’ve got a 2016 malibu that i like a lot

is there some kind of retardation with the z71 that’s obvious to you guys?

i would be using it a bit on logging trails and pulling a ~2 ton camper and absolutely have to have the third row
>>
>>27607562
the traverse is pretty much the worst new car you can buy, so theres that
>>
>>27607610
damn it

i’m guessing the acadia fits into the same camp

i know they’ve had a bad reputation the past few years but i was hoping the design would be fixing long standing issues
>>
>>27607618
>i’m guessing the acadia fits into the same camp
they are the exact same car

ill help you out: never consider buying an SUV with a trannyverse engine. Preferrably body on frame. Theres really no benefit to new SUVs/trucks over 2000s models unless you are a woman and need the flashiest new thing
>>
>>27607643
please be patient, i have autism

could you translate what you just said
>>
>>27607664
Buy a mid 2000s suburban or expedition
>>
>>27607664
sideways engine bad
straight engine good

unibody bad
body on frame good

turbocharger bad
natty aspy good

direct injection bad
port injection good

you can now immediately tell if a car is shit or not in 5 seconds
>>
>>27607673
i had an 06 yukon xl that i loved until the motor went. guess i could save about 40g and go back to one of those i just wouldn’t know where to begin looking for one worth getting 20 years later
>>
>>27607745
With those specific vehicles just dont buy one thats extremely rusty or has sketchy wiring everywhere with buttons that dont work and you should be good. Avoid mexicans and wiggers and obviously blacks. And maintain it this time so the motor doesnt blow. But if it does drop in a junkyard one
>>
>>27607676
i had an 08 envoy that was a beast it just ate transmissions

i just don’t want to turn a wrench or go to the fkn mechanic every three months for something or other
>>
>>27607798
no offense but it sounds like you dont maintain your cars very well. Ive been driving old cars for 15 years and ive never had an engine or tranny blow. You gotta change the fluid at the most every 30k
>>
>>27607813
no offense taken. i used to be that dude but at this point i just want something i can ignore. i don’t have time to be paying close attention
>>
>>27607824
lease
>>
>>27607837
was planning on paying cash and driving it till it wore out its welcome
>>
/o/ hates basically every single modern vehicle design element, and would prefer everyone get older 2000's vehicles and then restore/maintain them themselves. This of course isn't realistic for most car buyers (even though the nuvehicle haters have valid points) so don't expect to get helpful recs on new cars here unless you want to sink to the lows of cuckover consolewars.
>>
>>27607673
Aren't GMT900s pretty okay with AFM removed? The last ones are like only 10 years old.
>>
>>27608732
I’ve been under the impression that those had a lot of problems with timing. Is that only a certain motor?
>>
>>27607676
holy reddit go back
>>
>>27609009
Go shill EVs somewhere else fag
>>
>>27609009
If reddit hates this car im reddit
>>
>>27609015
learn to read bud nobody was talking about your quirky mobile vibrator
>>27609017
yes opinions you get from movies, tv, and racerboy larpers is reddit
>>
File: 1692912348012138.jpg (80 KB, 733x693)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>27609038
What fucking movie did I watch to make me hate direct injection
>>
(mom and dad are fighting and i feel awkward but i still need help and if i say something i might get yelled at)

so... given the fact that i'm only really worried about keeping it for 50-60,000 miles... should this 2.5L 4cyl going to last? i know they have the 2.7L in the colorado but i'm concerned they're trying to squeeze too much out of a smaller motor for muh empeegeez
>>
>>27607676
poorfag niggermutt cope
>>
>>27607676
How is direct injection bad, nigger?
>>
>>27609938
the main problem is carbon fouling on the intake ports. some engines will have both direct and port injectors to stop this, but that also adds extra points of failure, even if fuel injectors always seem to just werk.
>>
>>27609987
>even if fuel injectors always seem to just werk.
40 psi fuel injectors are pretty simple and just werk

1500+ psi fuel injectors ala direct injection are not. Most cars havent been direct injected long enough for issues to arise. One notable exception is bmw; used injectors are extremely valuable because those things are dying left and right
>>
File: apu confused.png (19 KB, 1314x1054)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>27607562
>Traverse Z71
It's got lockers and low range at least, right? Bad enough that it's a transverse-engined unibody cuckover wearing a Z71 badge.
>>
>>27607745
If anything find a low mileage 2010 Tahoe. I wouldn’t really look at anything past 2016.

Have the truck tuned and disable the DoD.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.