[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.jpg (1.29 MB, 1924x3012)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
I'm going to start making this thread to discuss the modern state of EVs, not just Tesla but EVs in general. Non-Tesla EVs are rarely discussed here.

Post about your specific state rebates, cars you like or dislike, finances, tech specs, etc
>>
https://insideevs.com/news/717187/ev-battery-replacements-due-failure-study/

ah, forgot to post in the OP:
For EV's made after 2015, from reputable manufacturers, the batteries very rarely fail. the idea that an EV is going to die on you before 150,000 isn't supported by the data. In fact an EV is more likely to last you 300,000 with no real maintenance necessary besides new tires.
>>
File: images (5).jpg (9 KB, 335x150)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
fuck off retard
>>
File: file.jpg (186 KB, 1536x1024)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>27606691
that car looks like dogshit compared to the average EV being produced today

some people don't want to drive a 40 year old piece of shit covered in fungus rust and dirt
>>
>>27606663
I want the EV equivalent to the 1998 Corolla. Let me know when I can get a used EV like that with decent range and for under $10k, and I'll consider one. Until then I can't be asked to buy one.
>>
>>27606694
retarded bot post
sage and report
>>
File: file.jpg (3.3 MB, 3000x2250)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB JPG
>>27606714
I'm able to get around $20,000 off the cost of a used EV right now through state and federal rebates, so the Kia Niro EV would be basically free for me.

I think this meets your requirements pretty well. You should be able to find one pretty cheaply, combined with the federal used car rebate you can easily get one for around $10,000
>>
>>27606663
Did you know Poland is making their own EV
>>
>>27606725
How does this magic work?
>>
>>27606663
The EV industry needs a small shitbox, acceptably light and drives like a go kart. Bonus points: friendly boxy design and simple interior with analog controls and just a small screen in front of the driver.
>>
>>27606729
yes I also browse /int/
>>
>>27606742
I don't want to post the exact names of the rebates I'm using until I'm done with my purchase. Don't want to risk anything here
>>
>>27606754
Fair enough. God speed anon.
>>
>>27606757
that being said, the federal rebate is a great place to start

for a used EV you get $4000 off the purchase of your vehicle on your NEXT tax return. so you need to be earning enough to pay at least $4000 in taxes at the end of the year. (I believe if you are a W2 employee that pay the taxes for you at each paycheck? so it might not be as good a deal)

state rebates are easy to find. just search "[my state] electric vehicle rebate" in google and there might be something. your power company might also have a used EV rebate. Basically I live in the area with the best rebates from all three.
>>
>>27606745
In addition, the design of the Software must be in charge of teenage engineering, so that it has soul, simply make its screen great
>>
>>27606766
imagine if the designers of Evangelion made a car

that thing would sell so many fucking units
>>
>>27606762
cool :) thanks anon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.