[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I work in a hospital, nearly half of the high earning workers (doctors, PAs, RNs, etc) drive a tesla. They're not even the expensive model S, but cheaper 40k model 3s and Ys. What's the fucking appeal. Is it considered a rich person brand? They can literally buy much nicer actual luxury cars. Here in SoCal all the upper middle class whites and Asians are obsessed with teslas
>>
>Why do Californians follow trends harder than sheep follow each other
I have a theory and it has nothing to do with the shitty brand selling a terrible product in a shiny silver case with more marketing than actual R&D and innovation based on how Californians got everyone to buy an iphone and ruin the entire internet.
>>
>>27606303
Doctors want to project wealth while saving money. Here in my country they love the VW T-Cross which looks luxurious to normalfags despite being a shitbox. 20 years ago they drove VW Boras (one generation older Jettas sold at a discount alongside the then-current gen ones)
>>
>>27606303
>What's the fucking appeal. Is it considered a rich person brand?

It’s simply an I phone on wheels. Just like people with disposable income in the west pay 1,500$ for a new I phone every year that can’t do anything their old one can’t, they buy a Tesla because it’s currently “in” and seen as technologically advanced though it does nothing their older car can’t do.
>>
because commiefornia and other hot barren shitholes is the only places that EV’s will ever actually work.

>enter any cold climate and the batteries shit themselves
>middling performance in temperate climates that reach below zero.
>no proper incentives in other areas or cost weighs “benefits”
>gasoline and diesel are infinitely more effective and cost effective in cold shitholes and temperate climates that plunge below 0 during winter or have long commutes
>those doctors realize that they can just take gubbymint handouts and pay dirt cheap “California electricity” compared to gas costs to charge what is the equivalent of a iPad with shitty pleather and interior on wheels.
>Im 100% sure if they’re doing a long drive to another state they’re using a gasoline vehicle.

They’re only doing it cause it saves money, it’s not “muh luxury” and wasting money on luxury cars that’ll shit out and cost more than a 20k+ battery replacement and “muh Tesla” (60-70k for Tesla and battery compared to 70k+ and repair costs and expensive California shithole premium gas) is retarded anyways.

If California didn’t tax the shit out of their gasoline more people would be driving gasoline, but since gas is stupid expensive and electricity is barely “cheaper” electricity ends up winning over for short term commutes in a heat ridden shithole due to cost benefit analysis

I’ll reiterate again that the actually wealthy dodge taxes and the moment those subsidies/tax exemptions for “muh climate muh world!” are removed and gas drops price, people will be using gas again. (Heavy industry owned by corporations does the damage not the individual for “muh emissions” and “chemical pollution” )
>>
>>27606303
Most doctors and shit are NOT rich. They may make $200k a year but they have mountain ranges of debt.
>>
File: tesla shill posters.jpg (189 KB, 1027x719)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
lol man just buy an ad
>>
>>27606324
Norway is at over 90% EV sales right now.
>>
>>27606308
>>27606316
>>27606324
>>27606334
Rube goldberg machine cultists here to shill for big oil.
>>
>>27606334
Are the shills in the room with you now, anon?
>>
>>27606415
>>27606420
>i'm not a shill you're a shill
meds, now.
>>
File: mugen power.jpg (402 KB, 1280x855)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
>>27606415
Just for you I'll redline extra hard today and waste high octane fuel for pure entertainment value.
>>
>>27606408
90 % ev and plug in hybrids. pure evs alone are still at over 65 % though
>>
>>27606303
In Texas only poojeets and the occasional white lefty drive Teslas.
>>
>>27606415
Do you know what board you’re on
>>
>>27606431
BEVs are at 80%.
>>
>>27606324
You’re actually a stupid fuck and there’s no way you’re under 40
>>
>>27606480
thx, i think i looked at an older statistic
>>
>>27606303
>why do retards with more money than sense get the hyped product instead of my highly autistic fan choice?
anon it is the same reason why the very wealthy have mercedes G-wagons
>>
>>27606334
An ad wheee you insult your own product?
>>
>>27606932
you must be literally retarded if you don't know about mere-exposure marketing, and neg-shilling on 4chan, where you appear to shit on something in order to generate discussion about that thing and then deploy your sockpuppets to defend it and BTFO the purposely weak strawman-tier claims against it

first day on the internet?
>>
>>27606946
The validity of Tesla running a marketing scheme on fucking 4chan seems pretty low, don't think anybody here has been swayed to buy a car one or way another by these posts
>>
>>27606324
Why are you so hyperfixated on California? Socal bro fuck your sister or something dude? Most of your pant shitting about California is borderline in comprehensible in your autistic tantrum. Try talking like a normal person instead of a deranged poltard.

>(Heavy industry owned by corporations does the damage not the individual for “muh emissions” and “chemical pollution” )
What a retarded assertion. Look at any data from the US and notice that personal transport is a huge contributor to pollution.

Sweetie pie, if people switch to more environmentally friendly modes of transportation, less of the world will be the heat ridden shitholes that you hate so much. Put on your big boy thinking cap chuddy boy. Let the non enthusiasts get EVs to reduce pollution while enthusiasts continue to do their own thing with ICEs

>EV's
You don't pluralize words with an apostrophe, based retard. You sound dumb as fuck.
>>
>>27606303
They are making a difference and Elon is based AF.
>>
File: kot.jpg (44 KB, 1024x1004)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>27606303
I drive a model y myself and work in a hospital, as a clinical lab scientist I interact with the pathologists there, including the medical director. He had a model X and was telling me he was interested in a cybertruck, I told him why and he just thought it looked cool. Something interesting about the guy is that he has completely worn out shoes he wears to work, like I'm taking he's been wearing those for 3-4 years during his shifts or more.
>>
Because Tesla being expensive is a meme. It costs 40k brand new before any benefits or tax credits. It's very good for that price level. Actually luxury cars brand new cost 60k+. If you drive daily Tesla also saves thousands more on gas.
It's the cheap models for middle class. Looks and has sense of being luxury car but very affordable and cheap in the end. It's a lot like iPhones and macbooks in the early days when iPhone was 300$.
>>
>>27606303

Majority of wealthy people make good financial decisions which includes not spending money on a flashy car. A Tesla is cheap and has low cost of maintenance. It's the perfect vehicle to accumulate wealth. Idiots are willing to pay the Elon tax to buy a shittier vehicle though.
>>
>>27608337
Rich people also dont like hanging around gas station niggers
>>
>>27608325
>>27608337
Can confirm. Made 220k last year, retiring by the time I'm 50. Model 3 has ridiculously low cost of ownership comparable to a shitbox Mitsubishi Mirage, but top ratings on safety and feels pretty luxury. The cherry on top is that the government sprinkled free tax credits on top. Why the fuck wouldn't I get one?
Making poorfags on /o/ seethe that they can't afford literally the cheapest car to own is the cherry on top.
>>
File: 1688742637253686.jpg (164 KB, 1125x1114)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
People who work in medical are the biggest NPCs on the planet who've spent their whole life chasing a meme career their parents told them they should get into before relalising they have no other personality traits other than "being a doctor".
Stands to reason that they'd buy a boring, soulless meme car to go with their empty lives.
>>
>>27608470
What do you do?
>>
most people who own teslas are not "car people" if that makes sense. they don't want to worry about oil changes and don't even understand the basics of how a car works, they just see their peers driving it and they are overall decent cars.
>>
Could be gas costs?
it's 6usd a gallon here in the capitol(sacramento) so it's at least that down in socal.
Then add in that socal is gridlocked for much of the commute and it makes sense to go electric.
Most people don't care about cars so if they can save money long term by running EV then it's valid.
Same reason people went with the toyota prius 10+years ago.
>>
>>27608502
Expected butthurt response. I do something that pays well but doesn't define me.
>>
>>27606303
Maybe gas cars are getting their tanks milked and cats borrowed. Is third world Commiefornia.
>>
>>27607392
rich areas live rent free in flyover heads
>>
>>27606303
>medical staff
Low IQ, high income, big ego. Tesla.
>>
>>27606303
They get to charge for free at their corporate jobs. Literally the only reason I ever saw people drive one.
>>
>>27606303
>Why do rich people love Teslas
Status symbol and delusion of being saviors of planet. Not even joking.
People who respect their own time, themselves, and their money buy ICE cars or hybrids. Teslas are basically iPhones in form of car- fancy at first but once you dig deeper, you realize it's not worth it.
>>
>>27608525
Only person who is butthurt is you projecting all this crap onto a car.

I'm at medical school right now and while it's obviously a big thing people have far more going on in their lives compared to similar people the same age. Most people here are very fit, have hobbies, travel a lot etc and just excel in everything.

I suspect it's similar with all the most competitive high status jobs. I can't see people at IB, FAANG, biglaw being any different in this aspect.
>>
>>27609357
this. i make just north of 200k a year and everyone i associate with is like this including lawyers in my family making over 1M. although one of our coworkers a few months ago said they were looking to get a new car and asked what we thought of teslas and we all just burst out laughing at him so that's probably dependant on something other than success. likely location since op mentioned they're in socal which is tesla central.
>>
>>27609357
>>27609445
butthurt responses wow. you've been in school for 20+ years, people who have not can tell this by talking to you for 40seconds. Most drs and lawyers have never-ending high school syndrome because they've been in education settings forever (they're also very agreeable because of this). They're cliquey and have very narrow views and areas of interest as well as limited knowledge about things outside of their jobs because they simply don't have the time/experience to cultivate these things.Congrats on being fit and rich though. And I hear the sex in hospitals is insane.
>>
>>27609591
Again more ridiculous BS

Most people at medical school have incredible social skills and maturity vs average person because in most countries this is filtered for at interview and then actively improved by the school

Most people here are far more knowledgeable about the world in general. I think at my school which is admittedly very selective around 10% of the class are millionaires or close to it.

Agreeable part is BS again, most people here far more confident/assertive than the average person.

Clique part is true. It’s obviously a very intense competitive judgemental environment
>>
>>27608470
>no other personality traits other than "being a doctor".
You have it backwards. It's the people who have no personality traits that buy a flashy loud sports car to compensate.
Those who are accomplished in life have no issue with just getting a Tesla eggshit car, because their interests and hobbies lie elsewhere
>>
File: barge.jpg (100 KB, 800x600)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>27606313
kek imagine rocking up to work every day in this thing
>>
File: bing bing wahoo.webm (2.43 MB, 980x548)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB WEBM
>>27606303
Same reason 'rich people' all love apple products. It's a modern gadget, has the big screen, built in apps and games like a phone, cameras, and best of all lets people pose as environmentally conscious. Think that old South Park episode where everyone is smug and driving a Prius, and you've got the idea of the modern Tesla owner.
>>
>>27606334
This isn’t accurate, I usually only get on here while I’m on my plane.
>>
>>27606303
Same reason women love designer brands, the brand name.
>>
>>27606327
This. So many get that doctor title get a little money and the banks open the lending doors for them. You’re a doctor you need a big house, you need a fancy car. You’re a doctor.
>>
>>27606430
Honda never making a consumer V8 is so disappointing. NSX would have been a monster.
>>
>>27609591
congrats on being bitter and resentful towards some of the most important occupations on earth
perhaps you're just being sour that you won't ever be a net positive to society
>>
>>27608465
Obvious larp. You can’t get the tax credit if you make over like 100k
>>
>>27610170
Touched a nerve?
>>27609831
Yeah assertive personable Indians and people who view humans as walking bags of meat, give it a rest. Did you see how assertive doctors were in 2020-2021? You're up your ass
>>
>>27606303
I don’t have a problem with Tesla

But they are cars for people who hate cars desu. I’m a doctor and the other doctors who own them are all into then ‘with me’ since I like cars but it’s like ‘so futurist can fast’. Of course I’m polite but the other guys I track day with don’t give a fuck about Tesla, known they’re not useful for going fast and generally don’t talk about cars that way. They’re into pagid racing brakes and complaining about some stuff like the LSD in the corvette being annoying.

Just mostly it’s non cars guys feeling competitive or like they short cut into the hobby.

>>27606327
This is also true. It’s not the 1970s anymore. Any doctor infer 45 has no money
>>27606415
I’m interested in EVs but the model 3 P doesn’t have an LSD and that tells you all you need to know about how serious it is
>>
>>27609357
Kek fuck that guy. What a sad loser. Fact is med school is full of happy normies that are smart good looking and generally likable people. Been there and seen it myself.
Annoyed me how normie core it was. Was hoping it would be all autists and brainy types I could gel with.

Turns out it’s just smart happy normies.

>>27610593
There isn’t a special discord we’re all we doctors get together and decide to poison America with the vax. There wasn’t even really an organized education about it. It just showed up and they started poking people and I continued to practice the same I always had done. I Saw way more nurses preaching from their ass about it than doctors. They didn’t get special training either. Just the same shit as everyone else .

General rule of thumb though. It’s not strength vs dex. Generally good looking and happy people are also smart and successful and sociable. It’s just life. Ugly losers aren’t actually smarter. They’re just ugly and can’t talk to people.

Tbh you should go make friends with some sorority girls. They’re generally nice smart and they do actually do shit for charity which is more than you can say.

I always cringe seeing posts like yours because it’s all bitter fantasy you wrote to cope.
>>
>>27610593
You get the odd autist but the average person is much more confident and assertive. You get actively encouraged/trained in social skills and since it's so hard to get in people are very driven in general.

So much coping... it doesn't even make sense. How the hell is someone lacking in confidence/assertveness meant to handle all the freak outs from relatives, lead a team when someone is dying, deal with aggression etc

>>27610626
Exactly. Mine is normie/chad central where people excel at everything. Presumably because there are one or 2 qualities you must have to get in (high intelligence/drive) which are strongly associated with having everything else (looks, hobbies, money, travel, friends, sex etc)
>>
>>27610626
>There isn’t a special discord we’re all we doctors get together and decide to poison America with the vax. There wasn’t even really an organized education about it. It just showed up and they started poking people and I continued to practice the same I always had done. I Saw way more nurses preaching from their ass about it than doctors. They didn’t get special training either. Just the same shit as everyone else .
Yes, because most of you are mindless drones, incompetent at best, and malicious at worst.
>>
>>27610727
Don't worry so much about social interaction. Worry about when people start killing doctors like they do in China.
>>
>>27610170
>some of the most important occupations on earth
seems like you drank some cool aid. There are plenty of professions more important than healthcare for our society.
>>27610593
This. Those retards vaxxxed themselves and everyone around them without a second thought. They're mindless cattle.
>>
People in general love Teslas because they're great cars.
>>
>>27606415
>reddit buzzword for a gasoline car
>if you don't buy shitty overhyped tech you're supporting the bad guys
>>
>>27606303
those other "luxury" cars lack basic feature of a working autopilot and a rear cam that isnt ass
>>
>>27610766
Don't forget that they spend 10+ years in school sniffing each others farts and pretending they're God, then a literal third worlder with pooey hands leaves their mud hud, gets on a boat and takes their job.
>>
i've never seen a rich person driving a Tesla. wagies drive Teslas and they like the full self driving feature to help them cope with their mind numbing commute
>>
>>27606303
my wife is a doctor and drives a model 3 and has a few coworkers that also have have the same. in my case i bought the 3 for her while she was in med school (which i paid for). she's thought about upgrading to the S to not have the "pleb" car and also have more space, range and comfort, but the car is so similar it's not worth upgrading now.

she just drives one of my expensive cars if she wants to be in something fancy. it's actually nice having an average car that doesn't stand out as much and you aren't worried about taking out to someplace a more sketch.

overall she likes it because it of the autopilot / FSD driver assists. the car is really easy to drive, no need to stop at gas stations and electricity at home is cheap. navigation works really well, the screen is easy to see and has good cameras for reverse / blind spot when changing lanes.
>>
>>27610593
>2019+5
>still assmad about le vaxx
next you're going to talk about le private email servers
>>
>>27610941
Don't forget the 5g cell phone towers.
>>
>>27606303
Because it's the iPhone of cars.
>>
>>27606303
social status signaling (normcattle retardation.)
>>
All of the wealth here drives Toyotas. OP is a larping brownoid.
>>
>>27609357
I'm a US MD med school dropout. most of my classmates were fags who had little life outside of pursuing medicine. i know because i was one of these people.
>>
>>27611083
What do you do now. whyd you drop
>>
>>27606303
tesla is for people that don't like cars
they just want an appliance, so an ipad on wheels is the perfect choice.
if samsung had made a car that works like a fridge they would have bought that.
>>
the appeal of a tesla is kinda growing on me. I can get in my car and just set a destination and it'll drive me 95% of the way their
>>
>>27612736
And get you killed on the remaining 5%, nothing personnel kid ;-)
>>
Looks like /n/igger commie invasion.
This is exactly reason why is twist the wheels on every fixie bike I see.
Enjoy not being able to cycle straight lol
>>
>>27609357
I make about $80k a year working as a security manager and $30k from other shit that generates me cash. The very worst clients we have are always doctors. They refuse to listen to rules, argue with the guards, do as much as possible to cause problems even if they know they’re wrong, stick shit in the doors causing security problems or will just hold the fucking doors open for anyone who asks them to do it like idiots. Most of them are white people and I’ve never been more disillusioned until I got this gig.
>>
>>27606303
Probably cause its self driving and they can charge it at home. No need to warm it up or drop by petrol stations.
>>
>>27606303
Tesla owners rarely leave the city or live their life constantly trying to flex like those guys who used to do that awkward smile when they got a grille in their teeth or stick their feet out when they get new Jordans. Its a status symbols for techy poor people like low trim German cars and designer clothes sold in shopping malls.
>>
It's wealth porn because it is a trash vehicle. Driving a Tesla is like saying, "I have room and money for an extra car." There has to be a real car sitting at home too if they are driving the Tesla. Driving a Tesla to Tahoe would be misery.
>>
>>27606303
You will not meet any human with their head further up their own ass than a hospital worker.
>>
>>27606313
I think this makes the most sense. I’ve always had a similar thought, where if I was rich or whatever, I would buy a 3 series or Audi 4cyl because it’s just a grocery getter with a cool badge on it (and as a car person they’re not bad to mod either).
It’s also why those stupid crossover lamborghinis and porsches
>>
File: pepe-doctor.jpg (20 KB, 657x527)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>27606303
Doctors are more health conscious than most people and are weary of the harmful chemicals found in exhaust.
>>
>>27606308
Now replace California with "woman" but I agree, its the same mental gymnastics that people bought apple products that have the same mentality buying tesla
>>
>>27606303
>Why do rich people love Teslas
Rich people can afford multiple cars. A Tesla is an ideal commuter car. They probably have other cars for longer road trips or fun if they're car enthusiasts.
>>
File: 1713911458576052.jpg (320 KB, 1080x1833)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
>>27616430
nah it's probably not that lol
>>
>>27606303
>wagies are stupid
yeah no shit

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.