[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: bmw_320d_sedan_2.jpg (248 KB, 1600x900)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
why are americans afraid of diesel?
>>
>>27604550
The price of diesel versus gas, really. In the 1970s, it made sense, though.

Now only pickups and commercial vehicles will use Diesel, though some now use LNG and LPG.
>>
They just don't have the same kind of infrastructure and support as in europe for diesel.
Heavy equipment obviously is diesel there and when Americans really try, they make some of the greatest diesel engines ever.
>>
>>27604550
noisy, vibrates like a farm vehicle, maybe for a cheap econobox like golfs but on a luxury it's an oxymoron. If you can't afford petrol, you can't afford luxury.
>>
>>27604566
>If you can't afford petrol, you can't afford luxury.
i guess this is it

is diesel more expensive in america?
here in europe it used to be a lot more expensive but prices of petrol are catching up, we are fucked, my country specifically has insane fuel prieces, $2 for one liter of petrol
>>
File: ilprices.jpg (42 KB, 1164x438)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>27604566
>If you can't afford petrol, you can't afford luxury.
Don't know what kind of high brow parties you hang around with, but nobody really thinks about that, and it's actually more expensive than regular gasoline.
>>
>>27604578
petrol engine spends way more juice than the diesel one , making diesel actually a poorfag choice
>>
File: Cummins 6BT.jpg (312 KB, 1080x1080)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
>>27604550
Have you ever heard about Cummins ?
>>
File: petroldieseltax.png (124 KB, 690x726)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>27604566
>If you can't afford petrol, you can't afford luxury
just a reminder that yuros get taxed to oblivion on their fuel
>>
>>27604550
The Oldsmobile diesel was such a fucking horrible awful no-good terribad piece of tightly coiled steaming absolute dogshit that it scared an entire country away from passenger car diesels forever
>>
I hate europeans and hope they have a bad day
>>
>>27604737
man. the greed and scum of gm really knows no bounds. the wikipedia page on the olds engine is a great read
>>
because having the ability to easily make your own biodiesel is a terrifying concept for politicians who don't value your freedom
>>
File: 1494474889445.jpg (42 KB, 640x633)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>27604727
Oh no no no
>>
>>27604737
and then VW decided to cheat emissions tests, which scared more people away. Not that they were bad cars, just a little dirtier than expected.
>>
>>27604550
We do like diesels, however the epa doesn't.
>>
>>27604550
We're not, VW jetta almost outsold the Corolla in the dieselgate years. But bureaucrats have effectively banned small diesel engines. They still sell when they're available
>>
Diesels are so fucking dirty. I hate pollution
>>
>>27604550
We have gas engines that make just as much if not more torque and twice the HP without a dumb powerband. Gas isn't taxed to the moon so running costs are basically the same.

It's funny how Americans are
"larping" because they drive pickup trucks., Yet you fucking tryhard posers run small diesels in your luxury vehicles. Who's doing the larping here lmao?
>>
>>27604582
Is fuel efficiency poor cope?
>>
File: bugattimpg.jpg (13 KB, 683x218)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>27605506
You need a single-digit city mpg to hang around my circle

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.