[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Went for a late night drive in my classic muscle car. Lately been noticing that the sound of an uncorked V8 seems to scare the absolute tits out of EV drivers. What's up with that? Drove through a tunnel and gunned it and looked in the rear view and traffic behind had slowed the fuck down creating a massive gap while everyone else in front had kept going the same speed. I have glasspacks and down turned tips right off the back of the mufflers if that makes a difference. Have normies forgotten the sound of American iron? Noticed that they react similar to lake piped hot rods and you can usually tell car guys because the car guys are the only people unaffected by the noise when riding beside them.

(Pic semi-related)
>>
>>27600882
nice fantasy, chud
>>
>>27600882
Post car or didn't happen.
>>
>>27600882
I can't tell if this is ironic boomer posting or a LARPing teenage bus rider.
>>
>>27600882
426 Charger? Bread on engine.
>>
>>27601212
It's a shitpost.
OP doesn't own a car, much less a classic Charger.
>>
>>27600882
>finding joy in loud noises
ask me how i know you grew up in a dysfunctional, incredibly prole household.
>>
>>27600882
incredibly based older v8’s especially MOPARS just sound way better and more rowdy than any newer V8, you dont notice the difference unless you go to alot of classic car shows/meets like i do
>>
>>27600882
>Lately been noticing that the sound of an uncorked V8 seems to scare the absolute tits out of EV drivers
Yeah those basic soccer mom teslas with 450 horsepower are very afraid of your loud 300 horsepower V8 and it’s 10 second 0-60
>>
>>27601230
You're right, I actually own a Barracuda and post in /ccg/ hence why I said
>Pic semi related
But I guess you're special.
>>
>>27601662
>it's this guy
L M F A O
OP definitely did not happen.
>>
>>27601679
>It didn't happen because I said so
Yeah I guess you were there, huh?
>>
>>27601285
Based knower
>>
>>27600882
>classic muscle car
Post car. Inb4 rusty crown vic
>>
>>27602070
>drives through a tunnel
>normal, conscious driver gives a classic car some space, a courteous gesture shown to just about every classic car on the road
>"HEH, EVERYONE'S AFRAID OF MY POVERTY-TRIM V8"
The chally guy is at least funny, you're just a poser.
>>
>>27601192
>"classic muscle car"
LARP
>>
where im from nobody cares, all my cars are straight piped
>>
>>27600882
Because they expected your brakes to fail and you to scream HOLD ON as you blow into the cars in front of you and they pre-emptively slowed down to avoid getting into a pile up
>>
>>27601285
True. I had the chance to hear a 426 once, it was a life changing event.
Shit wasn’t even cammed or anything. The sound is indescribable.

I was a kid, but this got etched so deep that owning a Challenger became a life goal.
>>
>>27602769
yeah most factory mucle cars had really aggressive cams from factory to get lots of NA power and were balanced differently so it would buck around and chop the only modern car with an agressive cam would be the gen 2 5.0 from ford
>>
>>27601236
the desperate attention-seeking behavior and almost paranoid awareness of how they are perceived is an easy way to tell actual car enthusiasts from car=penis-extension LARPer; there aren't many actual car enthusiasts left

>i just went out to cruise and *paragraph about how other people reacted*
i wish it were just a zoomer-brain-rotted-by-social-media thing but it definitely is not
>>
>>27600882
guess they saw the POS boomermobile you call a "classic muscle car" and didn't wanna risk getting autotopia'd
>>
>>27600882
Dohc v8 is the best
>>
>>27601662
>people didn't read my shitpost carefully and take me seriously and now I'm mad!
>>
>>27603733
hotwheels leading the way
>>
>>27600882
I don't like EVs as much as the next guy, but it's actually pathetic that you would make this up.
>>
>>27603733
>Dohc v8
Bigger than a big-block with 60% of the displacement.
>>
>>27603935
This anon has been obsessed with people thinking that his small block barracuda is cool. He claimed in another thread it "mogs" a 392 hemi (?????).

It's the clearest sign of "car as personality" I've ever seen, though lacking the humor of challyfag and the confidence of shelbyschizo. This guy is just sad and kind of stupid.
>>
>>27600882
>mask
No matter what zoomers do, they will eternally be faggots. They can fuck a billion women, drive the coolest cars, make the most money, but they will eternally be known as the faggot generation.
>>
>>27602188
>normal, conscious driver gives a classic car some space, a courteous gesture shown to just about every classic car on the road
noticed that any old clean car will have this happen to them quite often. quite a few times i've seen the guy behind me leave a humungous gap behind my cressida when i was waiting at lights.
>>
>>27605235
Uh? Anon? That's not me. I haven't posted outside /ccg/ in 6 or 7 months. Is there a a schizo with on the board with a Barracuda too?
>>
File: 1687098186989164.png (2.06 MB, 1440x810)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB PNG
>>27600882
they probably figured they'd stay away in case your boomermobile does something erratic

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.