[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1709039345599420.jpg (45 KB, 720x871)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
CIA refutes whistleblower claim pushed by Republicans leading Biden impeachment inquiry
By Annie Grayer, CNN
Published 2:48 PM EDT, Fri April 5, 2024

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/04/05/politics/comer-jordan-whistleblower-claim-cia

CNN

House Republicans leading the impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden were dealt their latest blow this week when the CIA informed them that an allegation they pushed was false, the latest example of House Republicans citing questionable information to make a serious claim.

Without the evidence or the votes to impeach the president, at this point there is no clear consensus on how – or even when – to end the Republican-led impeachment inquiry. This latest development comes after the Department of Justice charged a once trusted FBI informant with lying about the president and his son Hunter Biden’s involvement in business dealings, undercutting a major aspect of Republicans’ impeachment inquiry into the president.

House Oversight Chair James Comer and House Judiciary Chair Jim Jordan accused the CIA in a letter last month of intervening in the criminal investigation into Hunter Biden by preventing IRS and DOJ investigators from interviewing a witness in their probe, based on information they say came from a whistleblower.
>>
But the CIA has refuted that claim in a letter obtained first by CNN that was sent to Jordan and Comer.

“Without confirming or denying the existence of any associations or communications, CIA did not prevent or seek to prevent IRS or DOJ from conducting any such interview. The allegation is false,” CIA Director of Congressional Affairs James A. Catella wrote to the Republican Committee Chairs.

House Republicans are pushing back on the refutation. “The allegation is not false,” House Judiciary Committee spokesman Russell Dye told CNN. A Republican House Oversight Committee spokesperson told CNN the same thing.

The top Democrat on the House Oversight Committee, Rep. Jamie Raskin, said Republicans have not shared where they got the evidence to make this accusation to the CIA in the first place.

“This is a serious charge, but you have completely ignored my staff’s requests to be allowed to review the information that you say prompted your letter and upon which your letter is putatively and entirely based,” Raskin wrote to Comer on Friday.

The witness who Republicans allege the CIA blocked from being interviewed is Kevin Morris, who serves as Hunter Biden’s lawyer and has previously testified that he cooperated with the criminal investigation by turning over documents and speaking with investigators.

CNN has also reached out to Morris for comment.

“I’ve made a document production in conjunction with the grand jury investigation,” Morris testified in his closed-door interview with Republicans conducting the inquiry in January.

“An FBI agent and an IRS agent showed up in my door with a subpoena in the Delaware prosecution, and we talked – we talked briefly. I don’t remember talking to the IRS guy,” he said at another point.
>>
>>1285002
Can't wait to find out this whistleblower is an agent of Russia like everyone else who the Republicans conspire with.
>>
>>1285002
>CIA
Glowniggers gonna glow. Defend the regime shills! Your incomes and possibly your very meager lives depend on it!
>>
>>1285002
>the CIA informed them that an allegation they pushed was false
The same CIA that abused FISA warrants to spy on the Trump campaign, you mean? The same CIA that had 51 former officials sign a letter saying the contents of Hunter Biden's laptop were russian disinformation?

CNN is actually retarded.
>>
>>1285016
>everyone is a liar except Trump!
>>
>>1285017
Everybody remembers how strong that case against Carter Page was, eh?
>Republicans are all infiltrated by Russians! That means we can illegally spy on their campaigns!
>>
>>1285018
It's pretty embarrassing for you when all of Trump's own people come out against him on this lie.
>>
>>1285019
You mean when all of them were threatened by the CIA?
>>
>>1285020
Don't fuck with the country and the CIA won't fuck with you.
>>
>>1285023
You get one vote, CIA gets two.
>>
>>1285027
>waaaaahhhhhh I didn't take over the CIA to oppress people like the way I feel I'm being oppressed!
>>
>>1285015
>Keep getting caught lying and falsifying evidence
>I-it’s t-t-the d-deep s-s-state!
>>
>>1285028
What the fuck are you talking about, retard?
>>
>>1285032
You are a stupid nigger faggot, hope that clears things up.
>>
thanks obama
>>
>>1285039
Are you using that retarded argument where democrats assert that a single republican in a federal department is all that it takes to turn the entire building red?
Or that one where if a single republican disagrees with what Trump said, that's somehow damning indictment Republican support for Trump?
Kill yourself.
>>
>>1285044
This is pretty cringe when the vast majority of Trumps own handpicked people have all turned on him for being a liar and a traitor. Once again, you take the word of a paid russian agent over the entire US population. You are a pathetic loser.
>>
>>1285044
>One drop rule
It's true though.
>>
>>1285045
The CIA is to right-wing schizos was what muh corporations are to left-wing schizos. Whenever reality doesn't line with their narrative they bust out the old boogeyman to concoct a conspiracy that post-hoc justifies whatever horseshit they're trying to pedal. If people agree with Trump its because they're righteous and true. If people disagree with Trump its because they're righteous and true and they've just been manipulated by the CIA to lie. All roads lead to Rome. They've built a worldview in which they can never be wrong.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.