[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1690322333330501.gif (1.32 MB, 314x243)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB GIF
Trump is remembered MORE for improving the economy than January 6, his COVID response and the 'drama': Daily Mail poll reveals why Biden constantly warning 'democracy is at stake' is falling flat with voters
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13260815/voters-memory-donald-trump-economy-poll-joe-biden.html

When Bill Clinton and Barack Obama joined Joe Biden on stage in New York last week they agreed that voters had a clear decision to make in November's election.

'I think our democracy is at stake,' said Biden at the fundraising event. 'Not a joke. I think democracy is literally at stake.'

But an exclusive DailyMail.com/J.L. Partners poll shows that his campaign still has work to do if that is going to be a winning message.

Voters are more likely to say they remember a better economy during Donald Trump's four years in office than the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol or four years of political drama.

Of 1005 likely voters, some 30 percent said they thought first of 'a better economic situation'. In contrast, 20 percent said their main memory was Jan. 6.
Democratic strategists said there was still seven months until the election and there was plenty of time for the Biden campaign to sharpen its messaging and refocus perceptions.

And a Biden campaign insider said a plurality of voters seemed to remember negative things about Trump's time in office, even if a healthy economy came top.

Even so the results also show that the upheaval of street protests and Trump's erratic handling of the coronavirus pandemic have faded from immediate memory.

Overall, 45 percent of respondents say their life was better under Trump, compared with 38 percent under Biden.

Although the numbers split along partisan political lines, they are reflected among independents, who may include the swing votes that will determine the outcome of the election.
>>
The result is that Trump holds a four-point lead over Biden when respondents were asked who they would vote for if the election were tomorrow.

James Johnson, cofounder of J.L. Partners which conducted the poll, said Trump was winning the battle of memory.

With voters' present worries about economic pressures it was perhaps not surprising that they underestimate the political drama of the Trump years and focus on a time before the pandemic when they had money to spend.

'But it is worth noting that can change,' he said.

'The first presidential debate in 2020 mattered, as it showed voters all of the things they saw as the worst side of Trump—aggressive, rude, prone to drama and chaos.

'It is not implausible that the campaign—or Biden’s ads—could remind voters of this.

'Trump may have won the battle on memory for now, but it is a war that lasts all the way up to election day and is a key metric we will be tracking.'

The results skew along party political lines.

Democrats remember first the Jan. 6 attack (34 percent), followed by political drama (17 percent) and investigations into Trump (13 percent). Only six percent cited a better economic situation.

Republicans overwhelmingly (56 percent) first say they remember a booming economy.

Independents split the difference. The economy comes top (28 percent) but is more closely followed by Jan. 6 (22 percent).
>>
Yet Biden has struggled with efforts to talk up his economic wins. His team has quietly shelved talk of 'Bidenomics' after voters struggled to make sense of their claims that inflation had fallen when their routine grocery shopping was still more expensive than under Trump.

The president used his recent State of the Union address, his biggest set piece speech of the year, to deliver a familiar message about democracy and the threat of an unnamed Trump.

'Not since President Lincoln and the Civil War have freedom and democracy been under assault here at home as they are today,' he told a joint session of Congress.

But he also took the time to explain how Americans would start to see improvements in their finances.

'I know the cost of housing is so important to you,' he said.

'If inflation keeps coming down mortgage rates will come down as well.'

Democratic strategist Michael Starr Hopkins said there was time to change things around. Voters, he added, often took a rose-tinted view of presidents once they had left office.

'I think as Democrats have the opportunity to remind Americans what the Trump administration looked like, the chaos that was his administration, the stability that we've seen now, both in the global economy and in our democracy, I think that's really the message that's going to resonate with voters,' he said.

'Democrats understand that this is a long game. A lot of the messaging will be a reminder of what things looked like.'

The Trump campaign and the Biden campaign declined to comment.
>>
>'I think as Democrats have the opportunity to remind Americans what the Trump administration looked like, the chaos that was his administration, the stability that we've seen now, both in the global economy and in our democracy, I think that's really the message that's going to resonate with voters,' he said.
Lel. The only chaos was Democrats trying to make absolutely everything chaos and a scandal with their urinalist buddy's help.
>>
>>1284607
>Trump is remembered MORE for improving the economy than January 6, his COVID response and the 'drama'

economy under Biden is doing better and you know it or are brain dead and nobody has control of the economy, retard, as it's all chaos.

>>1284614
>DailyMailSupremacist
nobody steals my sctick? stcick? style, fuckface
>>
>>1284642
I'm responsible for nearly every meme on this godforsaken board including the use of the word "fuckface".
It's all MY schtick.
>>
>>1284642
Additionally, I'm the only poster on this board. Every message is written by me.
I samefag all the fucking time.
>>
Imagine being gullible enough to think the Daily Mail was real.
>>
Imagine being guilible..
>>
>>1284642
>groceries are 2x+ as expensive, no one can afford to buy a home and inflation has eaten away the value of money
>economy is doing better
Pick one

No one thinks the economy is doing better except for billionaires and journalists
>>
>>1284607
>Trump is remembered MORE for improving the economy than January 6, his COVID response and the 'drama': Daily Mail poll reveals
>But an exclusive DailyMail.com/J.L. Partners poll shows
Why would anyone believe a British celebrity tabloid's polling?
>J.L. Partners
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/
>Rank: 145 J.L. Partners Trust Score: 1.6 of out 3
lol
>>
>>1284666
I'm not a journalist or a billionaire but the economy is objectively better now than when Trump was in charge spending trillions fighting his stupid trade war.
>>
>>1284670
>I'm not a journalist or a billionaire
Right, you're just a stooge for billionaires and journalists- a servile worm who thinks if you repeat propaganda enough you'll get an extra ration from your masters

>the economy is objectively better now
It objectively is not. How's your grocery bill? How's your rent? What are homes priced at where you live? How about the price of gas? Everything is more expensive and the value of the dollar has plummeted. Bidenomics in action.

These questions also assume you live in the US, which you probably don't. You're probably another Canadian shill.
>>
>>1284676
>Right, you're just a stooge for billionaires and journalists
You mean billionaires like Donald Trump and Jared Kushner and half of Trump's cabinet?
>It objectively is not.
How could you be so wrong on the internet?
> How's your grocery bill? How's your rent? What are homes priced at where you live? How about the price of gas? Everything is more expensive and the value of the dollar has plummeted. Bidenomics in action.
Inflation is a lagging indicator and I didn't hear you complaining when Trump was spending 4 trillion writing stimulus checks in December of 2020.
>>
>>1284679
NO NO NO NO NOT THOSE BILLIONAIRES ONLY LIBRUL BILLIONAIRES
>>
>>1284679
>MUHHH DRUMPFFFFFF
$1 Pfizer dollar has been added to your FTX account

>How could you be so wrong on the internet?
Did you type this while looking in a mirror?

>Inflation is a lagging indicator
Nice non-sequitur, now go back and address my points about housing, groceries, gas all being more expensive and the value of the dollar plummeting.

>and I didn't hear you complaining when Trump was spending 4 trillion writing stimulus checks in December of 2020.
Were you complaining when Biden was doing the same thing?
Were you complaining when his green energy EO's sent the cost of US oil production through the roof which kicked off a runaway inflation effect on a global scale thanks to it tanking the petrodollar?

What part of Canada are you from, eh? You should look into MAID- a life form as stupid and serville as you shouldn't have to suffer with existence.
>>
>>1284681
>samefagging this hard
>>
>>1284682
>>1284683
Ironic posts since Trump loves Pfizer so much he gave them a trillion dollars.
>>
>>1284684
>$1 Pfizer dollar has been added to your FTX account

Also, still waiting for you to explain how groceries, homes, gas being more expensive, more people struggling to get by, and the dollar being worth less, all mean the economy is doing better.
>>
>>1284687
How do you not already know?
https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump
>Donald Trump Built a National Debt So Big (Even Before the Pandemic) That It’ll Weigh Down the Economy for Years

>The “King of Debt” promised to reduce the national debt — then his tax cuts made it surge. Add in the pandemic, and he oversaw the third-biggest deficit increase of any president.
>>
>>1284693
That guy who defends tax cuts is probably going to respond with disingenuous arguments
>>
>>1284694
I don't care how he copes as long as he's coping. I love it when chuds try to memoryhole 2016-2020 and blame Biden for the things Trump broke.
>>
>>1284693
>propublica
No leftist blogs please

Also I'd like you to put it in your own words, since you have such a great understanding of the issue to be able to say things like "the economy is doing better".
>>
>>1284694
>>1284695
>samefagging will surely save me!

Also to be fair, it's unfair of me to expect you to give an honest answer. Given you live at home with your parents and your only "job" is shilling propaganda on news for Canadian pennies, you would not actually have an understanding of the economy at all
>>
>>1284696
trump's lost trade war and permanent tax cuts for corporations fucked the economy
>>
>>1284698
>trade war and tax cuts caused the prices of groceries, housing, and gas to spike
>trumps trade war caused the value of the dollar to plummet and inflation to spike

Mmm, no. Try again.
>>
>>1284696
>b-bbut my chud headcanon said Trump dindu nuffin
>everything I don't like is leftist
>complains about blogshit in a Daily Mail shipost thread
Here we see the chud grasping at straws trying to reconcile his cognitive dissonance over supporting a Republican billionaire presidential candidate while simultaneously pretending to be for the middle class.
>>
>>1284699
>Mmm no
You don't get to say no. This isn't up for debate. You're going to have to learn to cope and live with it.
>>
>>1284699
>A January 2021 study commissioned by the U.S.-China Business Council (USCBC) claims that former president Donald Trump’s trade policies cost the United States 245,000 jobs. As a Reuters news report put it, the USCBC claimed that “a gradual scaling back of tariffs” could help stop the bleeding, while also arguing that a failure to do so would lead to even greater job losses and more sluggish growth.

>But while I have long argued that Trump’s approach to trade harmed the U.S. economy more than it helped, this is mainly because these trade policies were based on obsolete ideas about how trade works and because they ignored the fundamental sources of the U.S. trade imbalances. As Matthew Klein and I argued in Trade Wars are Class Wars, bilateral tariffs on Chinese goods do nothing to change the income distortions in China that spurred the country to run huge surpluses and export its deficient levels of domestic demand. Nor do such tariffs address the mechanisms that send these demand deficiencies to American shores. As a result, even if Trump’s tariffs were to succeed in reducing the U.S. bilateral deficit with China, they would simply cause the U.S. deficit with the rest of the world, along with China’s surplus with the rest of the world, to rise by at least as much.
why are you voting for a chinese asset anon
>>
>>1284700
>$1 Pfizer dollar has been added to your FTX account

>>while simultaneously pretending to be for the middle class.
>says the guy defending the spike in the cost of groceries, gas and houses, and the plummeting value of the dollar

Whats it like, being a Canuck NEET faggot who shills for billionaires in a different country?
>>
>>1284703
Do the strawmen living in your head taunt you in your dreams?
>>
>>1284701
>You don't get to say no.
Yes I do, and I did. You have no control here.

>This isn't up for debate
Yes it is, we're literally debating and you're losing. You have no control here.

>You're going to have to learn to cope and live with it.
You have no control here. You have authority over nothing on this board.

Dance monkey, dance.
>>
>>1284702
>>why are you voting for a chinese asset anon
I'm not voting for Biden

Also
>cites data from the U.S.-China Business Council
You are literally acting as a Chinese asset using Chinese data and making pro-China arguments, anon.
>>
>>1284704
Do the russians living in your head taunt you in your dreams?
>>
>>1284706
>carnegieendowment.org
do you know who the american andrew carnegie was you stupid fuck. why can't you stop lying
>>
>>1284708
>shill for billionaires uses billionareendowment.org as a source
>expects to not be called a shill for billionaires

Why are you a Chinese asset, living in Canada? How did you become so lost?
>>
>>1284709
he was from a bygone era where billionaires actually paid taxes though. and did philanthropic works like fund thousands of libraries
>>
>>1284709
also explain to us why trump paid more taxes in china than america (you can't)
>>
>>1284709
>>1284711
>he couldn't
>>
>>1284705
>>1284706
>>1284707
premium chud cope
>>
>>1284642
>economy under Biden is doing better

Shocking, racist DemoKKKrats lie.
>>
>>1284751
we could all do without you posting
>>
>>1284649
>DailyMail.com exists
Oh, it's real, tardo.
>>
>>1284854
go back there
>>
>>1284855
Fuck off, dyke.
>>
>>1284670
The gayest nerdiest thing you could complain about is the "trade war", especially now, after the post-covid inflation. Nobody gives a fuck faggot.
>>
>>1284696
>No leftist blogs please
A leftist blog funded by billionaires. Imagine being a liberal and citing propublica as a source.
>>
>>1284607
Jan 6 was always a nothingburger. The Democrat 2020 riots were significantly worse by every measure.
>>
>>1284864
>>1284898
>>1284900
>>1284901
Wow Ivan is really seething today. I wonder why.
>>
>>1284670
Fakest gayest shit ever said.
>>
>>1284902
>muh ivan
Calm down Chang
>>
>>1284903
>>1284905
painfully obvious samefag
>>
>>1284906
>doesn't understand how the IP counter works

You know if we had post IDs we'd solve this issue, but you fucking pissbaby shill faggots don't seem to want that for some reason
>>
>>1284908
This. Board needs racism and post IDs. Also fuck retarded pakis.
>>
>>1284607
Won't someone think of the broken window? Worst tragedy since 9/11. Nevar forget
>>
>>1284908
>>1284915
>>1284917
>>>/pol/
>>
>>1284928
Hey retard, you're on 4chan, everyone on here is on /pol/. It's a great board you should visit it sometime.
>>
>>1284931
>everyone is a poltard like me
it must be amazing living in such a state of delusion
>>
>>1284931
How did you get this bad?
>>
Trump did nothing wrong. I hope when he wins this year he removes service terms. This country needs Trump to serve until he passes.
lefturds will hate me for speaking the truth.
>>
>>1284937
Lefturd here. I don't hate you for becoming indoctrinated. Trump is a professional bullshit salesman and you fell for his sales pitch.
>>
>>1284932
>>1284933
The shills out themselves.
>>
>>1284942
shills for what? not being schizophrenic?
>>
>>1284942
You are the shill.
>>
>>1284943
>>1284944
>>>/pol/
>>
>>1284947
weird projection but ok
>>
>>1284947
Go back there
>>
>>1284948
>>1284950
First day on 4chan? Give /pol/ a chance guys it's a great board.
>>
>>1284951
You realize every other board except the horsefuckers and /bant/ hates you, right?
>>
>>1284952
Only redditor faggots like you hate /pol/. Even /lgbt/ likes /pol/.
>>
>>1284953
everyone hates you anon. it's not too late to stop being a polfag
>>
>>1284953
Back in my day confidently stating obvious lies didn't count as trolling like you seem to think it does.
>>
>>1284954
Everyone on reddit hates me, but this isn't reddit faggot, and we're here to stay so learn to enjoy 4chan or fuck off.
>>
>>1284956
How about instead you go back to your bespoke tailor made containment board and then you can kneejerk with your reactionary pals about how great /pol/ is and we can discuss actual news stories.
>>
>>1284957
i'm mostly just here to call him a loser
>>
>>1284958
I believe I'm supposed to declare my outrage and demand your immediate apology.
>>
>>1284957
lol I'm here to stay. You have no power here reddit commie faggot.
>>
see, you should never expect a poltard not to ruin other locations, it's their favorite thing
>>
>>1284962
Damn 4channers, they ruined 4chan! Yeah you faggots are obviously new here.
>>
>>1284964
we all know you got here in 2016
>>
>>1284960
Are you capable of comprehending how if you went back to your containment board, everyone would be happier and better off including you?
>>
>>1284986
>I-it's hard to spread shit-ass propaganda here undisturbed
>Please quit
No.
>>
>>1284995
each post of yours is a step closer to dying alone and childless
>>
>>1284998
But I have children and a family.
How's that cutting your penis off thing working for ya though?
>>
>>1285006
you should start with a small lie.
>>
>>1284607
>why Biden constantly warning 'democracy is at stake' is falling flat with voters
Because he's full of shit and only the most brainwashed demagogues believe him
https://files.chud.site/7YFlJg.jpg
>>
>>1284607
>democracy is at stake
Laughable that dems think they can run with this line after trying to have their opposition removed from the ballot. Scratch a liberal, a fascist bleeds
>>
>>1285025
Most Americans would prefer Trump be hanged instead of merely disqualified. I'd say he's lucky.
>>
>>1285026
Libtard headcanon is wild
>>
>>1285030
Lmao if you faggots could read you would feel shame.
>>
>>1285025
INB4
>It was Republicans!!!
Republicans aligned with Bush and the Democrats aren't Republicans.
>>
>>1285033
>everyone is a liar except my cult of a few hundred paid russian agents!
>>
>>1285031
Dat libtard OC slaps
>>
>>1285026
Source: your fisted asshole
>>
>>1285047
did you know trump is pro israel, mr Jews
>>
>>1285049
What does have to do with wild claims you’re pulling out of your loose asshole?
>>
>>1285049
Yeah. That's probably the one thing wrong with him.
I am voting Biden if he nukes Israel and deports the jews, but outside of that impossibility happening, I'm voting Trump.
>>
>>1285054
Very nuanced beliefs you hold clearly
>>
>>1285057
Well, Biden can't be a tool of the jews if he kills all the jews, now can he?
Despite the sarcasm, you failed to perceive the nuances.
>>
squid
>>
>>1285058
I guess sane is the word I meant
>>
>>1284676
>>1284682
Not the guy you were arguing with, but stuff like groceries being high is because major food manufacturers, major retail grocery chains, and wholesalers each have cartels that collude to price gouge. They fuck over not only consumers purchasing their goods, but also the farmers they source their goods from. Grocers have been making record profits. Same with fuel. The entire oil industry is a huge cartel that colludes to control production, which controls pricing. Petrochemical companies have been making record profits. Also, rent. Corporate landlords have been making record profits as a bigger percentage of their tenants' income is allocated towards rent.
>>
>>1285078
>Corporate greed argument.
Ey yo, why'd dey all wait till Bidet was in office to get super greedy?
Biden musta let them.
>>
>>1284908
The IP counter no longer exists. It hasn't for at least the past few months. Do you even pay attention to this website that you post on?
>>
>>1285080
Biden's FTC launched a probe to investigate the supply chain issues that were blamed for the pricing increases back in his first year in office. They are just now finalizing their report. The grocers have been making record profits ever since Covid (since Trump was still in office).
Why are you defending corporations for fucking over consumers, btw? How does it benefit you to turn a blind eye to their exploitative practices?
>>
>>1285083
So you're conspiracy theory involves COVID being a scam?
What level of CHUD is this?
>>
>>1285089
How did you extrapolate something I never suggested from that post?
>>
>>1285083
>The grocers have been making record profits ever since Covid (since Trump was still in office).
Yes, during Covid Democrats imposed closures on small businesses and allowed major corporations to continue operating. Greedflation is only a thing in the sense that democrats have been faciliating a massive wealth transfer from the poor to the corporations and the ultra wealthy, and inflation is one of the tools they've been using to accomplish that process via Biden's reckless borrowing from the fed.
>>
>>1285123
Where do you people get this shit from?
>>
>>1285124
It's from what happened.
>>
>>1285124
These are obvious truths to anyone but low-information democrat voters (you)
>>
>>1285130
Only in your head.
>>1285131
Your "alternative facts" aren't real.
>>
>>1285135
Yet you can't refute any of it. Amazin
>>
>>1285136
You're right that I can't refute your mental illness. Drugs and actual doctors have no doubt already tried. None of that makes your crazy headcanon real tho.
>>
>>1285131
answer the question. Where do you people get this shit from? What source filled your head with these halftruths and lies?
>>
>>1285140
twitter,rumble,odyseee,bitchute,gettr,truth social,/pol/,8kun,shartyparty,stormfront, etc. AKA "the chudverse". I probably forgot a few places.
>>
>>1285139
I accept your concession
>>1285140
Democrat-imposed covid measures forced small businesses to close while allowing big box corporations to remain open
https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/tale-two-pandemics-big-box-stores-rake-record-profits-while-n1237464
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/05/america-united-states-covid-small-businesses-economics/
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/small-businesses-services-sector-wont-reopen-after-closing-covid-19/
https://www.newsweek.com/what-essential-business-what-staying-open-state-roundup-1495537

Biden's reckless spending resulted in skyrocketing inflation
https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/inflation-has-risen-every-month-president-biden-took-office-n1294220
https://www.vox.com/23036340/biden-american-rescue-plan-inflation
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/mar/30/bidens-big-spending-policies-helped-fuel-inflation/
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/18/business/economy/fed-inflation-stimulus-biden.html
>>
>>1285147
>make up a bunch of lies about "democrats"
>post completely unrelated links that don't mention "democrats" at all
>blames Joe Biden for the Trump virus
Chud headcanon is so strange
>>
>>1285150
The funniest part that you expect rational people to believe is that the economy was perfect and no inflationary pressure existed prior to January 20, 2021.
>>
>>1285150
>Biden's reckless spending resulted in skyrocketing inflation
It's like you purposely forgot Trump demanding to have his name printed on all those millions of stimulus checks and PPP loans.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/coming-to-your-1200-relief-check-donald-j-trumps-name/2020/04/14/071016c2-7e82-11ea-8013-1b6da0e4a2b7_story.html
>April 14, 2020
Now comes the part where you perform world record mental gymnastics trying to blame Joe Biden for that.
>>
>>1285151
>The scorecard suggests states that had fewer shutdowns and more rural geography tended to fare better economically than more urban states that imposed more public health restrictions.
>States that shut down only briefly – or not at all – rebounded far quicker than those that remained closed. Many of the states that did not issue orders directing residents to refrain from participating in nonessential activities – including Arkansas, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Utah – had better-than-average economic outcomes on the scorecard.
>Again, a state’s political orientation appears to have played a role; eight of the top 10 states in the economic category voted for Trump and were led by Republican governors. All 10 of the bottom states on the economy voted for Biden and nearly all have Democratic governors.
Democrat states imposed more authoritarian covid measures, resulting in worse economic outcomes. ggez
>>
>>1285156
What's it like being so wrong all the time?
https://ballotpedia.org/States_that_issued_lockdown_and_stay-at-home_orders_in_response_to_the_coronavirus_(COVID-19)_pandemic,_2020
>Forty-three states issued statewide shelter-in-place, stay-at-home, closure, or shutdown orders.

> States with Republican governors: 19
> States with Democratic governors: 24
>>
>>1285155
So your rebuttal is "but muh drumpf"? Okay, retard.
>>
>>1285156
You mean red states caused more inflation. Makes sense since republicans are the pro-inflationary party when they raise prices by 20% overnight with tariffs.
>>
>>1285158
My rebuttal is Trump caused the inflation and other shit you're desperately trying to spin as Biden's fault. The historical record is very clear on the subject but you keep trying to spin it.
>>
>>1285157
How is that a refutation of anything I wrote? If anything you're making my argument for me.
>>
>>1285158
Who was the president in the year 2020 when they spent all the money, retard?
>>
>>1285161
Your attempt to blame Democrats solely for the lockdowns has failed. What's your next spin/reframing attempt going to be? Biden caused Trump's trade war?
>>
>>1285160
I'm sorry, you're actually too dumb to be having this conversation. Trump spent a mere 2 trillion on stimulus. Biden has proposed 82.2 trillion in spending and has outpaced every president in spending by a huge margin.
>>
>>1285160
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paycheck_Protection_Program
>The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) is a $953-billion business loan program established by the United States federal government during the Trump administration in 2020 through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) to help certain businesses, self-employed workers, sole proprietors, certain nonprofit organizations, and tribal businesses continue paying their workers.
Do you think we don't remember this when it happened like you?
>>
>>1285166
meant for >>1285165
>>
>>1285163
Every democrat state saw negative GDP growth, increased unemployment and increased business closures vs their republican counterparts.
https://www.politico.com/interactives/2021/covid-by-the-numbers-how-each-state-fared-on-our-pandemic-scorecard/
>>
>>1285167
No one is arguing that PPP didn't contribute to inflation. Obviously it did. But it was a drop in the bucket compared to Biden's unprecedented spending.
>>
>>1285168
There was a pandemic you moron. Society shut down because of the virus, not because of Democrats like you claim.
>it's Biden's fault Trump didn't pay the bills
Hilarious cope
>>
>>1285169
>is surprised fixing what Trump broke costs a lot of money
Why?
>>
>>1285170
>There was a pandemic
Sure, there was a pandemic, and the draconian democrat response objectively resulted in worse outcomes for small businesses and subsequent enrichment for corporations.
>it's Biden's fault Trump didn't pay the bills
You're just saying words now. I accept your concession
>>
>>1285174
So in your bizarre headcanon, society wouldn't have closed down at all and normal business would have kept going all throughout 2020 if not for those pesky democrats and their draconian shutdown order? Seriously, where are the gullible facebook boomer who are supposed to believe this shit?
>>
>>1285175
Cool strawman. Why did democrat states perform worse economically across the board compared to their republican counterparts?
>>
>>1285175
The gullibles are supposed to believe repubs encouraging everyone to spend as much money as possible as fast as possible after covid doesnt cause inflation.
>>
>>1285174
It sounds like you need a reminder
https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000007214966/pence-masks-texas-trump.html
>‘Wearing a Mask Is Just a Good Idea,’ Pence Says
https://finance.yahoo.com/video/pence-goes-over-coronavirus-guidelines-221933241.html?guccounter=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp9QSGsBIVw
>Vice President Pence, along with other White House officials, stressed on March 24 that anyone who recently left New York should self-quarantine for 14 days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptDJHWquvO4
> Heed your state impacted by coronavirus, practice 15 days to slow the spread: Mike Pence
>>
>>1285178
lmao They can't answer it
>>>1285181
What does any of that have to do with business closures?
>>
>>1285184
Nothing has anything to do with business closures. You brought it up out of nowhere and then erroneously tried to claim Democrats forced the businesses to close when that's laughably wrong to anyone who lived through it.
>>
>>1285186
Why did democrat states perform worse economically across the board compared to their republican counterparts?
>>
>>1285233
Because all of those extra virus-denying people dying in red states was a boon to the economy? I'm not sure what point you're trying to prove anyway since Republican states had almost as many restrictions as Democrat states had. See >>1285157
>>
>>1285235
The data is against you. Democrats states across the board suffered lower GDP, higher unemployment, and reduced job openings. All of which demonstrates a higher rate of business closure. Republican states on average re-opened the economy earlier than democrat states.
>>
>>1285241
new business applications boomed covid+. you just like to spew shit.
>>
>>1285243
Not surprising that mass business closure and nationwide layoffs would precipitate an increase in self-employment.
>>
>>1285245
>self-employed small business is le bad
you may now realize that business bankruptcies decreased during covid. Another L for Lepublicans.
>>
>>1285241
The data for what? You moving the goalposts from the original claim?
>>
>>1285248
Lmao wut
Bankruptcies have been rising since covid as stimulus aid runs out. Libtard headcanon is wild
>>
>>1285289
I’m not saying you’re wrong i’m saying the info is publicly available.

Year
2023 18,926
2022 13,481
2021 14,347
2020 21,655
2019 22,780
>>
>>1285248
>small business bankruptcies
Friendly reminder that Trump, as the anti-bigotry candidate, believed that every small business owner should be entitled to COVID relief regardless of race or gender. But Biden, as the leader of the pro-bigotry party, refused to give any aid to businesses owned by white males until he got sued and conservative judges forced him to stop being a bigot.
The choice is clear: vote Biden if you're a racist sexist Nazi bigot, and vote Trump if you want to stand against bigotry
>>
>>1285412
Shitty trolling attempt
>>
>>1285427
>Shitty trolling attempt
See >>1285427
>>
>>1285427
>stating objective facts is "trolling"
>>1285412
My favorite part about this example is how leftists react to it every time it's brought up on /news/.
First they claim it never happened, because their woke echo chamber taught them that Republicans are the real bigots. Then when you provide a link to a news story they say it's a right-wing media site and it's just fake news. Then when you give the link to the actual court case they just start denying that the case says what it obviously says. And when you ask them to explain themselves they sperg out or just leave the thread
>>
>>1285519
The racist bigot DemoKKKrats are unhinged liars and can’t be trusted.

They can’t actually “explain” their point of view because they literally don’t know what it is. They do know how to mindless repeat what the current thing is and they are in full support of whatever it is this news cycle.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.