[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1699545849642609.jpg (87 KB, 700x875)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
Fall cover band
>>
>>121819133
The Virgin Fall is mogged hard by the Chad Pavement.

>captcha: 4GAYH
>>
>>121819190
agreed
>>
they don't similar at all, except for a few songs on pavement's first album
>>
Motherfuckin gooks
>>
>>121819392
>random and misdirected racist language
Never change, 4chan
>>
>>121819472
No life for ginger now
>>
>>121819775
That song is based but for me, it's Perfume V.
>>
>>121819288
*they don't SOUND similar at all
>>
>>121819472
>>>/r/eddit
>>
File: 1713433077507921.jpg (224 KB, 696x1018)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>121819133
>*makes billy seethe*
>>
The main influence of pavement until S&E was The Fall (now, if we talk about ripoffs there are like 3 or 4 songs.). After that there's a decrease of that influence with the exception of the vocals: Malkmus style of singing is heavily influenced by Mark E Smith.
Some quotes:
-Even so, Pavement’s wholesale reappropriation of Smith’s consonant-ridden jargon still seemed a little brazen. Wasn’t Slanted and Enchanted’s Our Singer just an exact rewrite of the Fall’s Hip Priest? “Yeah it was,” Stephen Malkmus, Pavement’s wiry, bookish singer and guitarist admits, “but there were other songs too. Conduit for Sale was New Face in Hell. Jackals, False Grails; The Lonesome Era was The Classical. It didn’t worry me at the time. I don’t know what I was thinking,” he muses idly, as if he’d never considered the subject before. “We don’t sound like them any more.”
-This one is very related to "Hip Priest" by the Fall. We were running out of time recording the album, and I was like, "I got this last one. I'm not even going to bother teaching it or doing any over-dubs, just get in here and play a waltz beat." Just some frustrated California 22-year-old. It has a certain directness and freshness that makes it a nice closing for the album.
-There's another song on Slanted and Enchanted called "Conduit for Sale!" that's very similar to "New Face in Hell" by the Fall. There's a song called "Fame Throwa" that's very Fall, especially the chorus. And "I've got one holy life to live" [a.k.a. "Jackals, False Grails: The Lonesome Era"] is "The Classical" done differently.
>>
>>121823705
Walls of text have no effect on the Chad Malkmus
>>
>>121819133
That’s like calling The Fall a “Can cover band” because they borrowed liberally from krautrock and have a song called ‘I Am Damo Suzuki’…. asinine and pants-on-head retarded.
>>
>>121819133
What a set of geeks.
>>
>>121823705
>he muses idly, as if he’d never considered the subject before
From his answers, clearly he had considered it before. Wtf is this writer talking about
>>
>>121824469
Pavement didn't reinvent their influences. After S&E they sold CSNY or The Eagles to the indie crew. And Malkmus solo career is an extension of the latter.
>>
>>121829113
How does Pavement sound anything like CSNY?
>>
>>121819133
They're just a bunch of Fall guys
>>
"indie" shitheads dumbing down superior original music for the musically semi-literate masses

I wish MES were alive and these shits dead
>>
>>121824469
don't forget the Stooges
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8M_98vMHSU
>>
>>121830886
Still mad?
>>
>>121819190
Keep repeating it Anon. Eventually you'll actually believe it.
>>
Ive listened to both bands for years and never picked up on the similarities until he pointed them out in the songs

In my opinion they are very different stylistically. Malkmus has more melody to his songs. The Fall are all about finding a groove and sticking with it so MES can get his ampetamine fueled rant on
>>
>>121832083
It's only really a few songs from S&E.
>>
>>121819133

Trying to be Mansfield's very own
Trying to be Mansfield's very own
...Steve Malkmus
>>
>>121819190
Malkmus is pretty chad. Handsome guy no homo
>>
>>121823705
hip priest is definitely the fall song that stood out as most pavement like to me when i heard it
>>
>>121832324
yeah this. i get the comparison of our singer, two states, conduit for sale - those all sound pretty fall like

but crooked rain is very different from the fall

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.