[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is "DadRock" still a thing?
>>
>>121585420
The only relevant forms of rock music are shit like extreme metal and pop music is mostly pop rap and pop country. No,Beatles and similar acts will never truly be relevant again.
>>
>>121585420
Yes, but "dad rock" now are bands from the 90s and after. 60s, 70s and 80s bands are "grandad rock" if anything.
>>
>>121585420
Everything from Nirvana to White Stripes is Dad Rock now.
>>
>>121585514
As long as we're not pretending most ots rock had any staying power I guess. Regardless mainstream 90s Rasio rock is a lot closer to 80s AOR than it is to what 60s and 70s rock was doing artistically. People who so shittons of drugs like that are still listening to "Boomer psych" that's why Post-Grunge isn't really much of a thing anymore but stoner rock is. Regardless though the only rock releases of the last 15 years that people will actually remember are going to be Black Metal Albumd and the rest is going to be generic pop so no,it doesn't still exist.
>>
>>121585420
how old is your dad lmao? 76?
>>
>>121585565
>He really thinks that Nirvana or The White Stripes were culturally or artistically important enough that people will know who they were in 30 years
>Meanwhile peopl3 will still be talking about 60s and 70s music since if they were going to forget/loose all intrest it already would have happened
>>
>>121585620
if nirvana can survive 30 years and still be relevant in 2024 why wont they survive a few more decades?
>>
>>121586421
They're not organically relevant though.
>>
>>121585420
Objective Beach Boys rankings:

>Albums
1. Pet Sounds
2. Surf's Up
3. Sunflower
4. Today!
5. Smiley Smile
>Songs
1. Wouldn't It Be Nice
2. Surf's Up
3. Heroes and Villains
4. Forever
5. Do You Wanna Dance?
>>
>>121585514
nope, they'll always be dadrock
>>
>>121585420
Objective Beatles rankings:

>Albums
1. Abbey Road
2. Revolver (US version)
3. Sgt. Pepper's
4. White Album
5. Rubber Soul (US version)
>Songs
1. Blackbird
2. Here Comes the Sun
3. Norwegian Wood
4. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds
5. Eleanor Rigby
>>
>>121585420
Beatles and Beach Boys weren't even "Dadrock" 10 years ago. When I think Dadrock I think Dire Straits and that era.
>>
>>121585608
yeah

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.