[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Re-listening to Eminem's second album "The Marshall Mathers LP" after probably 10 years and wow I forgot how insane the song "Kim" was. It's a very well told, visual story. Idk if you can really even call it a song, not even by rap standards.
https://youtu.be/-SeVN2u5Axc?si=sHZrGJw0p5dikHhz
>>
>>121580540
Yeah this was his second best album and too bad we'll never ever get this artist back. Slim shady died along time ago, this was peak hip hop
>>
>>121580540
I like the new group he just signed. They remind me of a young d12
>>
His best album is Relapse. Fight me.
>>
>>121580669
Forgot link
https://youtu.be/Vx-RKlU1jrU?si=wU9jA8Mf1adHffTo
>>
>>121580669
Name?
>>
>>121580675
Nah, very solid choice. Probably my third fave after MMLP and TES. Some of Dre’s best production work and I love how gnarly and extreme the album gets, lyrically and how he’s rapping
>>
>>121580675
Relapse is top 5 in his discography no doubt. Id even say top 3
>>
>>121580692
42o
>>
hige music ages so fucking bad. No i'm not talking about muh offensive lyrics it's the dogshit production
>>
>>121580540
I got this album when I was 8 or 9 and hated Kim. Later on I realized it's a good song.
>>
>>121580675
Agreed.
Relapse>TES>MMLP>Kamikaze>MTBMB>SSLP>MMLP2>Encore>Recovery>Revival
I hope The Death of Slim Shady is good.
>>
My words are like a dagger with a jagged edge
That'll stab you in the head
Whether you're a fag or lez
Or a homosex, hermaph or a trans-a-vest
Pants or dress
Hate fags? The answer's "yes"

Homophobic? Nah, you're just heterophobic
Staring at my jeans, watching my genitals bulging
That's my motherfucking balls
You'd better let go of 'em
They belong in my scrotum
You'll never get hold of 'em

"Hey, it's me, Versace
Whoops, somebody shot me!
And I was just checking the mail."
Get it? Checking the 'male'?

How many records you expecting to sell
After your second LP sends you directly to jail?
C'mon! Relax guy, I like gay men
Right, Ken? Give me an "amen". A-men!

Please Lord, this boy needs Jesus
Heal this child, help us destroy these demons
Oh, and please send me a brand new car
And a prostitute while my wife's sick in the hospital

Preacher preacher, fifth grade teacher
You can't reach me, my mom can't neither
You can't teach me a goddamn thing
'Cause I watch TV, and Comcast cable
And you ain't able to stop these thoughts
You can't stop me from topping these charts
And you can't stop me from dropping each March
With a brand new CD for these fucking retards
And to think, it's just little ol' me
Mr. Don't-Give-A-Fuck still won't leave
>>
I PUT LIVES AS RISK WHEN I DRIVE LIKE THIS
I PUT WIVES AT RISK WITH A KNIFE LIKE THIS
>>
>>121581511
MMLP > TES > Relapse > TSSLP > MMLP2 > MTBMB > Encore > Kamikaze > Recovery > Revival
>>
>>121581622
I don't understand the hate for Kamikaze, it's great. Has direction and he was hungry again.
>>
>>121581665
I don’t hate it, it’s pretty good and it’s got some solid songs on it. I think his only BAAAAD album is Revival, the rest range from good to excellent and Kamikaze is thoroughly in the good tier.
>>
>>121580687
lol alright pretty clever. Next time though, buy an ad.

Awful song btw and I don't mean this as an insult. I mean this feels like a parody or a joke. Very amateurish sounding. Boring flows, generic lyrics. Forgettable beat. Nothing of value here. BUT you can do better, just keep at it and stop wasting your money on shitty videos no one is going to watch. Assuming this video costed anything at all. But seriously, the flows are absolutely dog shit in this, if you're going to get anywhere, actually learn to flow because this "nama-nama-nama (pause) nama-nama-nama" slow braindead dumb nigger flow is the worst part and I've listened to multiple of your songs. Either rap like you give a shit or do something else.
>>
>>121580540
Bitch lady
Nerd bitch like Jan Brady
Bit a Cage baby
Caught rabies and went crazy
Acting out the life of Cage childhood steez
Wearing straight jackets in your videos and magazines
>>
>>121580687
that was genuinely horrible
>>
>>121580675
I listened to that album a lot at the time
>>121580842
Zoomers have a hate boner for Eminem unironically, I feel like many of them don’t even understand why
>>
Back when he was creative and didn't just whinge about critics. Stan is a great song as well.
>>
>>121580540
I re-listened to Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show and Encore today

The first three are all 9-10/10, some of the best rap albums out there. Encore has some absolute bangers (Mosh, Like Toy Soldiers, Yellow Brick Road, Never Enough, Mockingbird, Just Lose it) but the bad parts are just irredeemable garbage.
>>
You heard of hell well I was sent from it
I went to it serving a sentence for murdering instruments
>>
>>121583459
>Zoomers have a hate boner for Eminem unironically, I feel like many of them don’t even understand why
He's too offensive. We live in a reality where Rick Ross damn near got cancelled because of that molly bar. Imagine how those people react to hearing Guilty Conscience or Kim
>>
Slim shady is the best album. Back when he was just rapping insane funny stuff like his mom beating his brain out of his head with a remote control then he shoves it back in with screws like Frankenstein lol
>>
>>121583505
I’ll never understand why he had We As Americans and Love You More on reserve yet chose to put Ass Like That and Big Weenie on the album instead
>>
File: 1338043765091.jpg (41 KB, 857x857)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>121580540
The weirdest part about Eminem and why he's such a joke nowadays, is not just that he's a cringey 50 year old boomer.

It's that somewhat around 2009-2010 he lost his voice. Starting do some weird talk shouting. It affected his flow. Everything he drops sounds so ass now. Even when he stopped shouting, he's currently doing some shitty stuttering flow. Awful.
>>
File: Eminem Pee Wee.png (195 KB, 534x604)
195 KB
195 KB PNG
>>121580540
A while back, I revisited Eminem in his home in rural Connecticut. he had become a withered old oil baron, dressed in a dapper suit and tie, a shrewd card if ever there was one. I had spilled some wine on his lapel and he told me, "you shall suffer a great loss before the stroke of midnight." Eminem has become virtually unrecognizable these days, I tell you. They changed something vital about him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM0Nu_WkfRQ
>>
>>121580842
He produced a lot of it himself
>>
>>121580652
speak of the devil
>>
I've been going through his discog too.
It's amazing how shitty the middle of Encore is. Why he thought of rapping silly shit over those types of serious sounding-ish beats.
>>
WHEN I GO OUT, I'MA GO OUT SHOOTIN
>>
I pray y'all ain't talking shit about Rain man. Low key top 5 em songs

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.