[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I fucking love Jimmy Eat World let's discuss anything relating to their music, apparently new album in the works. Surviving was pretty good I think.
Clarity is obviously their best, I think I enjoy everything they've ever made though frankly.
>>
23 is, no joke, one of my favorite songs of all time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNQncx4R7U4
>>
Spiderland by Slint except "The Middle" is inbetween Don, Aman and Washer
>>
>>121577429
Great pick for a favorite song, it's a master piece, Futures in general might be their 2st or 3st best album.
>>
>>121577429
>>121577437
Futures should have had the "Shame" b-side song in the album.
https://youtu.be/6GUuTVSHtpc?si=tF50g-ucfd5yw8rL
>>
what genre would you can most of their music? it's not whiny enough for emo and not hard enough for hardcore. alt/indie is such a gay label but i need more like bleed american and just tonight
>>
>>121577420
Clarity took the longest to grow on me but when it did it was surreal. Goodbye Sky Harbor is beautiful.
>>
>>121577625
From Static Prevails to Futures they're Emo-Pop/Midwest Emo/Emo, depending on release.
After that, they are pretty consistently Emo-Pop or Alt.Rock. Emo-Pop influence never really vanished from the sound and it's just what I call them all the time.
>>121577650
It took me a while too. After I got more into Emo it clicked hard.
>>
>>121577420
Those live seasons of Clarity, Futures and Surviving are great. Hope they do more of them
>>
>>121577889
Futures was so good that it fooled me. When I downloaded the albums from Soulseek I got Futures in its rehearsals form. I didn't know this and the album was tagged as an actual album rather than live performance. So for almost an entire year that's how I listened to Futures only later I found out it wasn't studio. It shows how great of a recording it is. Or how retarded I am.
>>
>>121577420
Great band, Futures and Clarity are easily their peaks, though I also have a soft spot for Damage, I really like how raw that album sounds.
>>
Futures is the true GOAT. I think Clarity is a bit over-rated, or its importance is a bit overstated. I don't even even like the album version of Sky Harbor. I much prefer the more raw iTunes sessions version.
>>
I always get Jimmy Eat World confused with All American Rejects and Fountains of Wayne.
>>
>>121577420
Static prevails is so underrated. Clarity gets so much love, I don't understand why people like it so much more.
>>
>>121579389
Clarity is probably their most complex work. I personally prefer something like even Integrity Blues over it.
>>
>>121579416
Static prevails has such a similar sound to Clarity, yet I never hear people comparing them to each other.
>>
>>121579455
I think there are some significant differences. Static Prevails has far more Post-Hardcore in it.
>>
>>121577650
I felt the same way about Sky Harbor too. I really liked how they went all out with loops and sounds throughout Clarity. They left everything on the table with that album, and it was just a sign of things to come for them in the future.
>>
>>121577420
Damage is modern Pinkerton but people don't know this yet.
>>
>>121577420
leftoid band
>>
I really like Futures, Static Prevails and Bleed American but really can't get into Clarity
>>
>>121582243
I think Clarity is their most overrated by far
>>
Amazing band. I love everything they've done. Static Prevails is probably my least favorite. It's good and all but their later stuff blows it out of the water. A couple of months ago I was playing their Stay on My Side Tonight EP a fuckton. Disintegration goes so hard.
>>
>>121577420
they’re like if Weezer were actually good musicians and songwriters
>>
>>121583146
Disintegration is absolutely insane. This band always surprises me with what turns they take.
>>121583201
That's a good way to describe it, sad thing is, Rivers Cuomo is a fantastic song written too. He just is an awful decision maker and has poor taste and foresight. JEW's is an unit as a band. In Weezer no one communicates, it's just Rivers
>>
>>121579389
IT IS GOOOONEEEE
>>
>>121583146
Their worst work is either that unreleased pop punk debut or Invinted.
>>
File: posey_dance.png (258 KB, 472x360)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>>121577420
I was there the day Jimmy ate the World. It was 1998, Jimmy was hungry and he was like, "Imma eat the world" and then he did. We're all in Jimmy's stomach now, for better or for worse. That's just how the chips fall, I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM0Nu_WkfRQ
>>
>>121584933
when jimmy said "it's time to eat the world" and ate the world I got goosebumps
>>
>>121577420
You might have brain damage. >>121584933
That explains why you're such a loser.
>>
>>121584960
>>121584967
He's just shilling his music.
>>
>>121579389
DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE BY, DOOOOOOOOOOOOON'T STOP
>>
this dropped today, bought to check it out
hope they mention Mark Trombino
https://youtu.be/DEYUydR_Nwo?si=5B8rCGIPi7f6yrYz
>>
>>121579090
I also like Damage. I Will Steal You Back is fucking great. Their most underrated album easily.
>>
File: Elvis.jpg (34 KB, 700x372)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>121585027
I'm not shilling my music, my own music sucks. I'm a big Nic Sequeira fan so I'm shilling his music instead.
>>
It's insane how they went from something complex and very emo like Clarity to writing some of the catchiest pop-rock/power pop ever made like "Sweetness" and "The Middle." Like, you can hear the roots of that early on, but it was still such a huge leap and shift in their songwriting.
>>
>>121585133
They still sometimes return to that complexity in songs like 23. Integrity Blues and Invented also go into that plenty.
I still agree it's impressive. I think they never lost their Emo touch at all. At least I think it's still very noticeable.
>>
THE BIG HAND GOES ROUND
AGAIN
>>
>>121577435
This retarded forced /mu/ meme has never been funny
>>
>>121584832
I like Invented, "Coffee and Cigarettes" is so good
>>
>>121577420
DON'T IT FEEL LIKE SUNSHINE AFTER ALL?
THE WORLD WE LOVED FOREVER GOOOOOOONE
WE'RE ONLY JUST AS HAPPY AS EVERYONE ELSE SEEMS TO THINK WE AAAREEE.
>>
>>121585310
Thank song is like a perfect Emo-Pop/Power Pop anthem. Insane song. I also like stuff like "Stop", "Cut" and title track. A lot of stuff from the album feels almost like them returning to Clarity.
>>
>>121577420
As a guy that loves power pop and 90s emo they should be my favourite band but they never completely clicked with me. Bleed American is a solid album though and whilst I'm not too keen on Futures, Just Tonight is a tune.
>>
>>121585429
I'd try out their future albums too. They change sounds almost on every album so maybe some will fit your tastes better.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.